Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It's a joke, maybe a joke you don't find funny but it is just that and nothing more. People aren't making the Molestia/Trollestia jokes because they hate Celestia it is just because she has been shown to be near perfect and characters like that are good targets for parod

My thoughts exactly. It's pretty antithetical to the brony attitude when you think something you don't personally like should just go away instead of ignoring it. People have different tastes, simple as that.

I see the ignorant few from the DWM movements have moved from Tumblr onto here.

Down With Molestia is the most pathetic attempt to try justifying hating on something I've ever seen, and the fandom already has a lot of it to begin with but this just shows how terribly uninformed and projecting those that hate Molestia are.

Let me give an example.

4758-1708825724.png

This^ is Panty Anarchy from a series named Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. She is a fallen angel. What is she known for? Having sex. Lots of sex. She has this ability to basically woo or seduce almost anybody she wishes or makes eye contact with and it doesn't stop even to the last episode (or manga chapter, if you refer to it). The jokes surrounding her is that she's never satisfied, can never be seen in one single spot with someone (IE: Settling down)outside her sister who is her best friend, is foul mouthed, loves junk food, is amazingly skillful with gun combat and melee, and did I mention she likes sex?

This does not exactly make her a bad character: she's just extremely flawed but is also a parody that is not to be taken seriously by any means necessary. To do so is completely missing the point of both the creators' vision for the anime/manga Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, which in its anime adaption, is known for parodying western film and animation.

Now compare with Molestia and I'm going to use HARD FACTS unlike the opposition which is keen on not only saying Molestia is actually a rapist but gets by forcing -everyone- into the act.

- sexually deviant. She is constantly horny and is played up for laughs because as it's known in the comics submitted on the blog, she is in a (?) relationship with Twilight Sparkle and supposedly has some benefits with Cadence and Shining Armor. Anything else (like the size of her ass) has no sexual connotation to it whatsoever and is literally played up as silly as it's supposed to be. Look up the recent comic about watching Flash Sentry where she literally just stares at his ass until she falls asleep on it, where he then needs to pee.

- seems to actually be Celestia but as a personality swap: depicted by the way she answers her letters as if she was actually her (She rules Equestria, Luna is her sister, or anything else tied to the original character) and the greyed mane

- Luna has nothing to do with her at all outside of "Sister stop being so horny." and has a cute maybe-relationship-maybe-not with Derpy Hooves who's her best friend in the comic. Also she plays video games. A lot.

- Any referencing to her ability to 'molest' things is played up for laughs......such as when she somehow got off from a toaster. A TOASTER. WITH BREAD IN IT. Come on.

You want to be a part of something meaningful and not look like someone who's projecting their bullshit, twisted opinions on rape onto a harmless comic like this? How about we try limiting all the gore that floods this fandom. I now cannot go a day on Facebook (because violence is seen more accepting than any sexual content: it is how our society is, it seems) this past week without crap like that Smile HD video being shared or talked about. Hear me out though.

I am a man that loves the SAW movies, owns Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition, and goes to play Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance or Ninja Gaiden II to blow off steam.

But gorey violence (especially senseless violence to the degree that is Smile HD, which also continuously perpetuates the overdone idea that Pinkie is a psychopath who actually hates her friends) just really needs to be capped. When I see anything revolving around the video I physically get sick: I can't handle senseless violence to that degree: I didn't like it when I was in high school and my friend thought showing me "Happy Tree Friends" would be a fun afternoon, and I sure as hell don't like it now.

I feel when it comes to sexuality that it's something you grow to accept the older you get because we as a species need to reproduce and sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of. This isn't the case for violence BUT GETTING BACK TO MY POINT I just think this energy could be put to try and get rid of other things that are actually harmful immediately to the viewing eye than something that people are -trying- to make a big deal out of.

I think Quagmire from Family Guy might be more close to the page with Molestia. He's a sex freak that does almost everything, but will go farther than Molestia.

• Brohoof 1

Down with Molestia? Sure, I'm down with Molestia. I'd love to go down on get down with Molestia.

Hah. Shit humor aside, I'm finding this pretty hilarious, actually. Just another case of tumblr's social justice crusaders thinking their feelings are more important than another's rights. Even better that Molestia has become rather tame and consensual (as if it really wasn't to begin with) as opposed to other blogs and artists that draw far more graphic and explicit depictions. Honestly, the only thing bad about the whole blog is the gamer Luna character, but even then she's still enjoyable.

Then again, I'm pretty sure this is just a trolling attempt, in which case whatever. This hiatus has been boring as hell, so a little tumblr drama at least spices it up.

• 4 months later...

Of the "Ask Pony" Tumblr blogs, "Ask Princess Molestia" is one of the very few I follow. Not only is it consistently updating, but it never stops being funny. The name itself is a very big oxymoron, as Molly actually knows her boundaries. Plus, she and Gamer Luna (with appearances from other characters like Derpy and Twilight) provide very funny antics.

As for Down with Molestia, if whatever this blog or "movement" is was going to provide good intentions, then instead of targeting an oxymoronic fanon blog and starting an unneeded Social Justice fan-war, do something genuinely beneficial. Sexual exploitation isn't funny at all, and I cringe whenever I hear a rape joke. But trying to take down a rule-abiding R34 blog (which people tried to do before with no success) isn't going to do it. Be involved in charities and programs to help those who were sexually assaulted and raped.

Pixelkitties wrote the best response to DWM's idiocy here.

I agree with this.

I dislike how people like Hasbro try to play "Superman" and claim to be protecting kids, when really they just want something to spark a flame. Taking down Molestia is just unnecessary.  Like what Pixelkitties said, what difference would that make?

• Brohoof 2

What is the big deal really now?? I mean I am not into the perverted stuff of the fandom as in r34 stuff. But I saw some of that blog and from what I saw was funny as hell. I mean come on can people seriously not take a joke these days?? Guess not... it seems pretty clear >.>

If you don't like it simply ignore it :P as simple as 1,2 and 3 but nooo everyone has to go and make a huge fuss over something so small.  shit like that pisses me off...

Edited by Ticking Timebomb

What is the big deal really now?? I mean I am not into the perverted stuff of the fandom as in r34 stuff. But I saw some of that blog and from what I saw was funny as hell. I mean come on can people seriously not take a joke these days?? Guess not... it seems pretty clear >.>

If you don't like it simply ignore it :P as simple as 1,2 and 3 but nooo everyone has to go and make a huge fuss over something so small.  shit like that pisses me off...

it's funny because on the blog there was a message that said "If you take this blog seriously you deserve to be on the moon" :)

it kinda sucks it got taken down I liked the humor it provided :P and the artstyle :3

Edited by Evil Cakebandit :3

"If you take this blog seriously you deserve to be on the moon"

I mean I just do not understand if people don't like something than just leave it be... You know what I am saying is it really that hard to do? And that goes for anything not just this.

• Brohoof 1

I mean I just do not understand if people don't like something than just leave it be... You know what I am saying is it really that hard to do? And that goes for anything not just this.

It's really easy to leave things alone but some people just don't find things funny just like when they took Fighting is Magic down but let fans make a full 30 min episode....

I thought it was rather funny. people found adults liking MLP weird so thats why most folks probably found Molly funny. Just adult humour in MLP form.

Yeah it was a bit tame for a while, I think it's getting closer to it's roots more recently with ya know, more molestin'

It's the only web comic I read so..yeah I think it's hilarious.  B) 

Edited by Gamer Twilight

If i may, it's you favorite bad guy who laughs at everyone who dies as long as it's not him (no not slim shady)
For no good reason.

I like gallows humor.  I like grim stuff, that being said I can laugh at a rape joke.

2?  sure? 3?  10?

How about a spam wall of rape jokes?

It's called shock value.  And if your going to drown me in it, its stop being well shocking.

Here let me give you an analogy Ole Anderson gave to mick foley back in the day in wcw.

A guy comes to a car cash, one persons dead it's a terrible thing. 

he goes down the toad there's a second car crash two people are dead worst thing ever.

and a little more down theirs another car crash and more.. and more

their comes a point where it ceases to be shocking.  Or even entertaining.

• 6 years later...
On 9/19/2020 at 7:02 AM, Splashee® said:

Where can I find this popular thread? I have heard of Princess Molestia before somewhere :huh:

7 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I have no idea what "molestia" is, but I'm sure I don't want to know either.

Not that long in fandom, huh?:orly:

I like her as a fandom meme, she was funny

Edited by Vefka

• 1 year later...

I miss the comic :P The bits of it I followed were always fun and innuendo tends to better for that than outright sauce anyway. It reminds me of the days of EqD updating with comics like Woonastuck and Flufflepuff :( 

tumblr_mlvnzhyOym1r3xauuo1_1280.jpg

My sweet summer child, you don't know how real it can get beyond the pretty picture the powers have painted for you about the world. It is a bunny party were we go hop-hop-hop. And you are not invited.
Butterflies and flowers spinning in a motion around your head. Give us more of that sweet nectar.

Do not take it too seriously. It is just a game.

I think Molestia was a fun fan character. I don't see why someone would get angry at fan content.

If someone gets angry at something in the TV show, then yes, I could understand it because that creative decision you don't like is canon (although, to be fair, Friendship is Magic is very inconsistent and lacks any sense of continuity). But if someone gets angry at a fanart, animated video or something, then you shouldn't give that much attention. That's why I didn't understand some vocal complaints about Double Rainboom back in 2013 or some complaints I've read about the fanfic Cupcakes back in 2011. It's fan content and that's it.

I compare fan content with Equestria Girls and Pony Life in the sense that it's alternative content for those who already love the original TV show.

• Brohoof 2

Never been into any work of that part of the fandom, but I don’t mind it as t’s just a meme. Just like Arianne (by the original author at least), and Cupcakes 

• Brohoof 2