mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

Was a bit of a joke on Discord, originally. Then it turned into being the mainstream Avatar.

• Brohoof 1

“Discovery is dangerous . . . but so is life. A man unwilling to take risk is doomed never to learn, never to grow, never to live.” - House Harkonnen

Since the avatars are round in shape and slightly smaller now, I decided it was time to change into something with less details. This kitty is pretty simple (and very good friends with the plush shark they're holding) but it's the avatar I'm currently using on some other sites, so it's good to use here as well.

Why can't I just settle for one avatar and keep it for at least one month? Welp, I accidentally doodled something pretty decent so I just slapped some shades on it, added two-frame animation and it was good to go. I'm still deciding whether I like the gif or still version better.

(edited)

Because Suri is the Best Pony and Rarity is Not!

Scratch that, It's just a April Fools Joke.

Edited by Zachary

Rarity SIG 17 Standard Size.png

Thanks Kyoshi for the Signature

My SoSu, Jason!  He's such a cutie pie~!  He's my canon sole survivor and since I'm replaying the game again while I wait for Bioware to fix the Jaal romance, I'm playing Fallout 4!  Here's some of my headcanon for him:

Spoiler

He's 25 years old when Fallout 4 starts.  He never really was connected with his wife, Eliza, because to him, she was his "beard".  He tried to make Eliza happy but struggled with it since he wasn't really all that attracted to her, he respected her, don't get him wrong but there was always a chasm between them that they could never cross.  I'm sure in a different world, they would be considered great friends, besties, even but people around them would wonder if they were dating but they're just checking out guys together and having fun.  Their relationship in the fallout world, some would say, was toxic, their marriage simply wasn't meant to be.  To put it simply, they have gotten really good at pretending they love each other, maybe they even fooled themselves into thinking that.

They really tried to make it work at first but when Eliza walked in on him and a certain guy friend of hers, their relationship changed.  Eliza was supportive of her husband but inside she hated him and she wanted to make him suffer just as she has but pretended that everything was fine.  So she one day came up to Jason and told him to consider building a family together.  Of course, Jason was guilt-ridden and afraid that she would reveal him and/or leave him so he went along with it.  After a while, things settled between them and then Shaun was born.  They thought that their lives were getting better and things were more "normal".  Then the war and the events of Fallout 4 start.  He still feels bad for the way he treated Eliza and wished things hadn't gone the way they did, so on her birthday, he visits vault 111.  Which is completely awkward for whoever he brings with him at the time. 

It's a bit funny, I have a headcanon that he forgot his glasses in their home when they left for the Vault so he spent most of the beginning of the game being blind and squinting at everything until he found some decent replacements by dumb luck.  They aren't exactly right but they're close enough for him to see...  Somewhat.

20170410204618_1 (2).jpg

• Brohoof 1