Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mrs. Cake or Button's Mom Poll

Blue Moon

89 users have voted

1. 1. Button's Mom or Mrs. Cake

• Button's Mom
    • Mrs. Cake

There are a couple of mother ponies in the brony community, but in this thread; we will be looking at two of them. One from the show; one from a recent fan animation: Mrs. Cake and Button's Mom. Now, Mrs. Cake is rather underrated. but has a great design, and a nice pony overall. Button's Mom, on the other hand, has recently gained a lot of popularity, and with her great design, and character; it's honestly not that surprising.

Anyway, in this thread, we will see which of the two is more popular among these forums. Vote above, and post reasons below if you want to put more detail behind the reasoning behind your choice.

As usual with my character polls, pictures of each character will be posted below to help you decide.

Mrs. Cake

post-13690-0-79451300-1376953175.pngpost-13690-0-99876700-1376953180.pngpost-13690-0-29065300-1376953187.pngpost-13690-0-36415800-1376953197.pngpost-13690-0-37642400-1376953203.png

Button's Mom

post-13690-0-74519800-1376953267_thumb.pngpost-13690-0-78082800-1376953276.pngpost-13690-0-88054300-1376953280.pngpost-13690-0-86395100-1376953285.pngpost-13690-0-02781300-1376953296.pngpost-13690-0-97125600-1376953312_thumb.png

My Choice:

This one was really close for me. As much as I enjoyed Button's Mom in Button's Adventures, I think I'm going to go with Mrs. Cake here. I love mother-type characters, and Mrs. Cake has such a nice design. Plus, she is simply adorable especially with how she is a little bit chubby. It makes her seem like a soft and nice pony, and adds a lot to her character. Plus, she is such a loving pony, and like I said; very nice.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 5

Mrs. Cake, hands down. I never saw the appeal in Button's mom. Everyone was going on about how she was the most attractive pony ever and stuff, but to me she's just a motherly figure who used to play games. She had a great voice actor and colour scheme, but she's just like any other motherly OC.

On the other hand, I have a great deal of respect for Mrs. Cake. First of all, she and Mr. Cake took in Pinkie Pie and allowed her to live in Sugarcube Corner, giving her a job as a baker as well. Because of that, she was able to become stable and the bright, jolly and sociable pony that we all love. She's also got into many more funny situations - I thought her look of panic at the MMMM being transported to the train was really entertaining, as well as her being the victim of Celestia's little tea prank.

I also really love her design. Her hair looks like the spiral of icing sugar that you get on a cup cake. Great tip to her name, which is Cup Cake! I also like how her face shape is different to other mares in Ponyville; it raises her cheeks up and makes the kindly mother feel much more obvious and defined. The red and blue of her mane and coat are also really great - another nice homage to her carer in confectionery, because red and blue are the two most popular colours of icing sugar. :)

But basically, she's simply a much better character for me - then again, she's the canon one of the two, so I guess that's a given advantage. :)

Edited by Flipturn Amaterasu
  • Brohoof 2

As much as I love Mrs.Cake from the show, I'm going to go with Button's Mom. They both have good motherly personalities but, I prefer Button's Mom because even though she doesn't have an official name yet I like her when it comes to her reactions to Button. Point goes to Button's Mom.

Button's mom by far.  But do keep in mind that we see small clips of a few of the other mothers in the show (like Rarity's mom and Twilight's mom), even if they don't have huge parts and only show up for one or two scenes.

I honestly hate Mrs. Cake, not because she's a bad character or a bad mother, but I just hate her design, she's just plain ugly to me and fat, so it's pretty obvious that I'll go with Button's mom, she's like too gorgeous to be a mom (maybe she had Button when she was a teen filly)

• Brohoof 4

The elephant in the room is that both of these characters have rather large followings in the R34 community as popular "MILFs". Definitely Button's Mom is quite popular right now but you have to give it to Mrs.Cake being there first and being the bbw fan favorite.  

Also free rent for Pinkie = winner in my book.

• Brohoof 2

I would have to say Mrs. Cake. She reminds me too much of my friend's mom, Michelle, and despite different interests, I would easily see each other being practical twins... if she was a pony, at least. I don't mind her bright design, and I love the fact that she has the traditional 3 picture simple cutie mark that most bronies forget to add to OCs once in awhile. A pony doesn't have to be completely brown to work out a color scheme, ya know?

Her and edginess makes me laugh a lot, and they are definitely great qualities to a loving, hardworking mother. So, unpopular as it is, Mrs. Cake.

• Brohoof 4

she's just plain ugly to me and fat

I'm laughing so hard right now xD

Seriously, you have to be blind to not choose Button's mom. Dang, she's so gorgeous.

Mrs Cake is....blehhhhhhh

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 3

Seriously, you have to be blind to not choose Button's mom. Damn, what a gorgeous milf...

^This

I agree hands down. No regrets. Button's mom is da hottest mother OC I've seen! Why is she even a mother? :P

Mrs Cakes, Twilight's mom, Rarity's mom, and none of the cannon moms on the show gotz nuttin on her.

Edited by Sanderspie
  • Brohoof 1

Seriously, you have to be blind to not choose Button's mom. Damn, what a gorgeous milf...

Oi! whatre u tawkin bout//?/

buckea.jpg?w=474

oh god ew why would u seh that rd gosh srsly shes just a pony whyreulike thisshesjustahorse ehhhhh 

• Brohoof 1

I, for one, don't judge a character based solely on their looks. I like to look at their character too, and Mrs. Cake is much more kindly and representative of a genuine caring mother. Too many people on this thread just go ahead and vote for Button's mom solely because they find her attractive. I mean, really?

• Brohoof 1

Mrs Cakes, Twilight's mom, Rarity's mom, and none of the cannon moms on the show gotz nuttin on her.

hey! Twilight's mom is cute, I think she's cute though, yes, she can't be compared to Button's mom.

on the other half, Rarity's mom is almost as ugly as Mrs. Cake, because they share the same pony model, ugh! 

Button s' mom looks cuter than Mrs. Cake, but the first just looks like a young adult pony with a talent for being motherly, and the second actually looks like a woman in her 40's that actually has kids. ButtonMILF discovered her talent for motherhood as a filly (think around 11-12) and adopted newborn baby Button, and now Button is 9, and his mom is 20-21.

Out of the two, Button's Mom; I really have no attachment to either of the cakes, honestly. That said, this is only from comparison. Button's Mom would lose to just about every primary and secondary female character on the show, as well, for me :P I don't personally get the hype; she's cute, but she's not the hottest mare ever, like so many people make it seem like.

She's a fad :P

The answer is....Mrs Cake!

The answer is simple.

Cake tastes much better than a Button.

Cake > Button

Like, who the hell would eat a button?

• Brohoof 2