Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How close are you to leaving the fandom?

RollingPony

In order to leave the fandom I probably have had to of joined it first. So yeah as soon as I join the fandom then I'll get round to leaving it. I'll buy my ticket and have it stamped all at once, the fandom ticket inspector will be very confused.

Whoa, someone that likes MLP and isn't a part of the brony fandom?

So edgy. :fiery:

• Brohoof 1

I've... had my moments. But, they all relate to the show itself, rather than the surrounding community. I'll admit that it's been for-freakin-ever since I've actually seen an episode, yet here I still am.  :lol:

The show itself may be more-or-less dead to me, but you guys aren't. That's the important thing.  ;)

the fandom saved my life so not even close

if I were to leave it would be like I'm in peril danger and somepony saves me then just abandoning them much later

its just like they say once a Brony always a Brony even when mlp dies our fandom will live on

yes my friend  is a good example he has his own OC a favorite pony and other things yet he ain't a Brony

• Brohoof 1

Nice use of the may may. Also you must be pretty new in order to believe everyone who posts about MLP is in the fandom. Most of the people I talk to aren't and in fact if you spend some time around the internet you'll find plenty who never became part of the fandom that takes a certain level of fedora and neckbear owning that I do not possess. See I made my own irrelevant may may.

Most of the people I talk to aren't and in fact if you spend some time around the internet you'll find plenty who never became part of the fandom that takes a certain level of fedora and neckbear owning that I do not possess.
You watch MLP, yet don't own a fedora or have a neckbeard?

Nice one.

You watch MLP, yet don't own a fedora or have a neckbeard?

Nice one.

Yep I don't own a 'Rainbow Dash 20% cooler' T-shirt either, and I don't even drop constant MLP quotes into everyday conversation for no apparent reason. Of course you could always go the other way, by the sound of it you're somewhere in the middle.

• Brohoof 1

Yep I don't own a 'Rainbow Dash 20% cooler' T-shirt either, and I don't even drop constant MLP quotes into everyday conversation for no apparent reason.
You don't deserve to watch My Little Pony then.

Playing right into the stereotype.

But of course. I am what defined the brony stereotype.

I have a neckbeard, wear a fedora ( with MLP buttons on it, mind you ), ship the ponies, own shirts, and I might even look at sexy images of the ponies.

You have nothing on me. im 3cool5u

I've already left, you toenail hoarders. I've just come back to get my things and whip you with my belt one last time.

But seriously, anyone who makes a big dramashit over their decision to stop following a cartoon is an idiot. Either watch or don't. We don't need your life story.

In truth, I am not at all "close" to leaving anything. I've made the decision that I'm going to keep up with the show and fandom for as long as I get enjoyment out of them. At present, they're filling that role just fine, but if that ever stops being the case, the last thing I plan to do is make a big deal about it and sever all ties or any bullcrap like that.

There are plenty of shows I've just forgotten about because I no longer cared enough, most recently The Walking Dead. When I stopped watching that show, I didn't go and burn a ton of Rick Grimes merch or publicly denounce anyone who continued to stay after that which the very essence of evil dubbed "season 4," I just no longer tuned in because I knew I wasn't going to like it. Simple as that.

• Brohoof 4

But of course. I am what defined the brony stereotype.

I have a neckbeard, wear a fedora ( with MLP buttons on it, mind you ), ship the ponies, own shirts, and I might even look at sexy images of the ponies.

You have nothing on me. im 3cool5u

You have got to be joking

• Brohoof 1

Nice use of the may may. Also you must be pretty new in order to believe everyone who posts about MLP is in the fandom. Most of the people I talk to aren't and in fact if you spend some time around the internet you'll find plenty who never became part of the fandom that takes a certain level of fedora and neckbear owning that I do not possess. See I made my own irrelevant may may.

Hard to tell if that was tongue planted firmly in cheek. I don't fit 90% of the Brony stereotypes and am actually an outlier when looking over some if the statistics regarding the fandom. Yet I consider myself pretty hard core, and I'll be dipped in Bantha Poodoo if someone doesn't consider me a Brony. :confused:

• Brohoof 1

I know I'm not in the fandom. Only real reason I hang around people who are is because it's hard to find active communities to have conversations with these days. Every other site I join for any of my other interests is either deader than dead, or so overflown with people that it's impossible to get a word in edge wise. I guess my interest in the show is passing at this point considering I haven't really seen much of season 4, and my interest to sit down and watch more of it is... Minimal at best.

I think a lot of people are just done with the whole Brony thing, and just ready for the show to end and quiet down about the whole thing. Probably for the best too.

I know I'm not in the fandom. Only real reason I hang around people who are is because it's hard to find active communities to have conversations with these days. Every other site I join for any of my other interests is either deader than dead, or so overflown with people that it's impossible to get a word in edge wise. I guess my interest in the show is passing at this point considering I haven't really seen much of season 4, and my interest to sit down and watch more of it is... Minimal at best.

I think a lot of people are just done with the whole Brony thing, and just ready for the show to end and quiet down about the whole thing. Probably for the best too.

Basically this. I've joined several gaming and anime forums and most of the time they are completely dead, or their community is toxic and moderators will ban you for bringing up MLP. Everyone always says the fandom is over whenever we are in the off-season, but then when season 5 starts and the new shirts come out in hot topic and the controversy begins again then you'll see not so much the case. We have 5 more seasons confirmed of this show so it's gonna be a while till it's truly over.

Basically this. I've joined several gaming and anime forums and most of the time they are completely dead, or their community is toxic and moderators will ban you for bringing up MLP. Everyone always says the fandom is over whenever we are in the off-season, but then when season 5 starts and the new shirts come out in hot topic and the controversy begins again then you'll see not so much the case. We have 5 more seasons confirmed of this show so it's gonna be a while till it's truly over.

I thought we just had a confirm for the 5th season, not 5 more. I mean I'm behind on the news, but when did it become 5 seasons? It's not very common that a company will order so many in advance.

I thought we just had a confirm for the 5th season, not 5 more. I mean I'm behind on the news, but when did it become 5 seasons? It's not very common that a company will order so many in advance.

It was officially confirmed in Hasbro documents that there was plans and budget set for 5 more seasons. This is probably due to the fact that it gets dozens of times more the views than new cartoons do, and there is product integration with equestria girls. You can find the full document online it was reported by Equestria Daily amongst other sites.

• Brohoof 1

It was officially confirmed in Hasbro documents that there was plans and budget set for 5 more seasons. This is probably due to the fact that it gets dozens of times more the views than new cartoons do, and there is product integration with equestria girls. You can find the full document online it was reported by Equestria Daily amongst other sites.

Plans and budget doesn't mean confirmation though. Until seasons are actually purchased it just means they are setting aside resources. If season 5 did poorly, it's very likely that they would just end the show. I thought you meant like they actually bought 5 seasons in which case I was going to be amazed at how stupid Hasbro is then. Almost no one buys 5 seasons of a show up front, even if the show is insanely successful, even buying 2 at one time is not that common.

Plans and budget doesn't mean confirmation though. Until seasons are actually purchased it just means they are setting aside resources. If season 5 did poorly, it's very likely that they would just end the show. I thought you meant like they actually bought 5 seasons in which case I was going to be amazed at how stupid Hasbro is then. Almost no one buys 5 seasons of a show up front, even if the show is insanely successful, even buying 2 at one time is not that common.

Instead of questioning it why didn't you actually do the research yourself? I already told you the full document is available online that provides the evidence to support the claim. Kids these days are so lazy.

Edited by PinkiusPiecus

Instead of questioning it why didn't you actually do the research yourself? I already told you the full document is available online that provides the evidence to support the claim. Kids these days are so lazy.

Patronizing people doesn't make you seem anymore right, you know? Could do without the rudeness.

Second of all, I am looking over the documents. There is no confirmation of a purchase, just resources set aside in the event of.

It was said during the 2014 Investors call. Speaking from someone who has participated on calls like this, when they say five years of MLP is planned to their investors ... it's more legitimate than a press release.

Their are actual fed regs that govern what goes on with a publicly traded company and investor calls.