Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How close are you to leaving the fandom?

RollingPony

I thought about asking this since I saw all the drama and doomsayers on /mlp/ and Ponychan and such.

Personaly I'm pretty hyped for season 4 and I'm still not bored of rewatching the old episodes :lol:

Also I like most of the stuff everyone is worrying about like alicorn Twilight!

So: Are you about to leave the fandom? If yes: Why?

• Brohoof 10

There's no way in hell I'm leaving the fandom. The show is still great, Alicorn Twilight opens up more possibilities, the fandom still makes great music, art, games, and videos. 

I don't have a reason to leave the fandom. Sure, the fans may get extremely annoying (*cough* reactions towards Twilicorn and Equestria Girls), but it's hard to make me angry..

• Brohoof 14

i personally don't see myself ever leaving the fandom. i will cherish this treasure for the rest of my days. I am psyched to see season four and i know it's going to be even better than season 3 was. the show seems to be getting progessively better as it goes on and i think it won't stop at season 4.

• Brohoof 3

I would never leave the fandom as long as it continues. I still love the community, old episodes, brony culture, etc. I find Twilight Sparkle turning to an alicorn being interesting and I'm curious on how the characters + storyline will develop.  :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure what to say honestly. I'm not hyped towards S4 to the slightest, in fact, I rather believe that it'll come when it'll come and will watch it the same way I've watched S3. When a new ep comes out, perhaps I'll watch it a week later or so.

I think there are a few things that keep me around. Artwork, certain parts of community, and above all: curiosity. It's hard for me to say that I'm a zealous part of this fandom. I'm actually quite distanced in my own eyes. But I'm somewhat interested in seeing how is the fandom behaving, how does it approach things, you know, some meaningless matters. Guess I stick around "Because I can.". Literally.

After all I just had like 2 or 3 months of break from MLP (perhaps jumped on a site here or there to visit some people I know), but I didn't feel the urge to come back. I'm here because I mentally shrugged and decided to check what's going on :P

Well I'm never leaving, I will die loving this show. I even have it set up to when I do all my, MLP stuff is going with me... no joke ponies.

Now as for those who are leaving well, bye! was nice knowing you. Sure it sounds mean but why try and keep someone to something they don't like....

• Brohoof 2

It's really hard to make me leave something that I am dedicated to since Day One. So, I would say that after all of the drama and stupidity of overreacting I'm still staying with the fandom.

I'm nowhere near close to leaving the fandom. I became hooked in 2011, and I've been obsessed with the show ever since. This is probably my favorite forum in the entire universe, and I think the brony fans are (usually) the most awesome people that I love interacting with. I visit Equestria Daily every day for updates, and I do enjoy fan-made art and videos too. The most I would ever do is take a break from the fandom during a long episode drought, but I would never actually leave for good. I've been coming here regularly since season 3 ended, so not even an episode drought can stop me. You'd have to kill me before I would leave the fandom. Ever.

I for one don't have a problem with Twilight being an alicorn anymore, and I enjoyed Equestria Girls too. My level of hype for season 4 is monumental. Once season 4 actually starts, this place will explode with activity and we will have a lot more topics to actually discuss. Just the thought of that gets me hyped up. Why would any of us ever want to quit when the good is just about to get even better? :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Depends on what you mean by "leave the fandom". Quit loving MLP and being a brony, nowhere near it. Some of us can be a bit...pushy?...dramatic? (not me at all... ;) ) Alas, this exists everywhere, not just fandoms. I can see leaving a specific group, or no longer interacting with the community, but that is a far stretch from leaving the fandom. So far, my time interacting with the community has been positive, but I can't speak for everybody.

Like most all else here, not even close.

I see it this way, once a fan ALWAYS a fan. Even if you stop partaking in the "community" it doesn't mean your no longer a fan.

And if you do officially just get upset over little things enough to run off, you were probably more a band wagoner than a fan. And only about to find acceptance rather than for the love of whatever the fandom is for.

You never stop loving things you really enjoy.

I'm with celestia up there, and if i ever actually do make a will, My ponies are going with me :P

Supposed to have done that like 3 times over by order, but like my flu shots, I never followed those orders :P

As many other people have said and as I have said in many similar threads before, I really really enjoy being in this fandom and I've felt much happier since I joined. I have not really  gone through anything that has made me want to leave the brony fandom. I love it, I like the show and I'm probably going to continue liking it all until it's not active anymore.

Nope. I don't see myself leaving any time soon. The only reason I'd leave is if my medical career was at stake because of it. And that is very unlikely. The show's been so awesome, it practically changed my life. It gave me hope in the entertainment industry; we still have talent to make kids shows! WHEE!!

Honestly, the drama in the fandom doesn't bother me that much. I've seen and have been through worse. Every fandom has its bad moments. Some fandoms have it more frequently than other fandoms. I would never leave this fandom. Most people in this fandom (and especially on this forum) are super friendly and nice and just amazing.

And the show? I'll always love this show. A while after the show has ended I'll probably lose a little bit of interest but I'll always love it. :)

I still enjoy the fandom, mainly creating/viewing funny comics, videos, and other things by other fans; it seems to result in a lot more creationism than so many other groups. Often times, they're funnier than the show.

BUT, I am done with the show itself, and probably anything quote-unquote "official" they decide to make out of it (ie, Equestria Tanks, where Twilight enters a magical portal to a world where she becomes captain of a tank battalion, or Equestria DOTA, the video game in which Twilight enters a magical portal to a world where champions battle to destroy ancients). Season 3 was far too downhill, and while I get that Hasbro's out to sell toys...you can become so obvious with that kind of ploy before it becomes damaging to the show's enjoyability.

How close am I to leaving the fandom you say? Easy question. The answer is not even close. I like the show and the multiple creations it spawned. Art, music, fanfics, and much much more. The people are also the friendliest bunch I have ever met and it was because of MLP that I made my very first friends. So, as I see it, I have no reason to leave the fandom. I'll be staying for a very long time. That's guaranteed. :D

• Brohoof 1

I will admit I was kinda close a little while back, but at is because of the fandom itself, not the show. I still would have loved the show regardless. Now though, I have found quite a few new things that has made me appreciate the fandom more and luckily the drama over EqG and Alicorn Twilight is pretty much over with. In fact I am seeing tons of new support for Alicorn Twilight and that makes me really happy. :) So I will probably never leave, even in my darkest moments.

Not close in the slightest. I think I am about as far away from leaving the fandom as possible. I can't even come up for a good reason why I would leave. Something would have to go horribly wrong to make me even consider leaving.

soclose.jpg?1314381160

Nah. I think it's just the season gap. What keeps me in the fandom is this website. I'm not so interested in ponies at the moment, but again, it's just the season gap. I will be crazy about ponies again when it finally rules the Internet as it used to.

I think my view can be summarised by the diagram below, particularly if we're on the subject of people who have left the fandom because of Twilicorn:

post-9563-0-64351500-1379126464_thumb.png

I can't wait for Season 4. Long live the greatest cartoon show ever made! :)

• Brohoof 3