Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does your family think of MLP-FiM?

Misterian

I guess I'm lucky that my kids are really into the show, but if my wife found out the depth of my interest she might raise an eyebrow. Actually my niece was talking to my kids about bronies recently and how "odd" they are. Now she knew I vaguely liked the show and knew something about it, but she said "Your Dad likes it but he's not crazy like them. (Bronies)". I smiled to myself and said nothing, but it hit close to home. :-)

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 1

Well when I was obsessed with MLP My family was rather indifferent about it. Nowadays since I'm slowly losing interest in it, they're way more lax about it. Especially since its just another internet fad

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

My family doesn't really care about what I watch, so they are indifferent. I think it's a show, that people should feel comfortable about telling people about since it isn't embarrassing.

Idk exactly.

However my brother use to sing the mlp theme jokingly. I mean I did to, but that was before I was a brony and before g4.

My parents and my grandmother saw the news report on one of the news places back when bronies started, and they didn't seem to like it. Or Atleast the prospect.

Don't have any sisters, just my little brother do yeah.

I don't think my mom watched it ever either.

My stepdad is stubborn and set in his ways, so yeah. Doubt he would accept it.

Overall they dont seem like the type to like it. Which is why I remain closet brony.

So, when I was caught watching by my brother, he ran screaming through the house "RUSSELL'S A F***OT! RUSSELL'S A F***OT! HE WATCHED MY LITTLE PONY!", which in turn caused my sisters to poke their head out of their rooms door and laugh at me. My mom said she accepted me for who I "really am", and my dad just sighed.

My husband claims indifference, but has watched every episode with me. My mom thinks the ponies are pretty, but I don't think ever would watch an episode. (I gave her a Rarity when I got two from McDonald's.) My dad and brother don't seem to care one way of the other, but I suspect they think it's cute that I still watch cartoons.

My cousin thinks anyone over the age of 4 that watches is it a pervert.  My dad thinks I'm weird and asks how I can watch it without being on drugs. XD

I don't think anyone else in the family cares about it enough to say anything.

Let's see here...

Brother- He's a brony like me. He is the one who got me to watch the show in the first place

Dad-  Basically indifferent. Does find it a little odd though.

Mom- She thinks the ponies are cute and I gave her one of those little pony figurines and she still has it in her car.

Grandma- I don't think she knows. Except my whole family went to go watch World War Z this summer and a trailer for Equestria Girls came on and my mom told my Grandma "That's the movie Spencer went to go see last weekend." It was awkward.

My mom is sort of like, "it's a good TV show", my dad has no opinion since he's never even watched it, my brother thinks that the show and bronies are ridiculous, and my little sister watches it. And apparently just last week my grandparents watched it on their trip in Paris. I didn't know it was still airing in France.

From oldest to youngest

Dad- He knows I like this show, and he doesn't mind it at all. But then when he sees me watching it, he looks at the screen and makes fun of whatever the ponies say...but that's my dad, so I'm used to it.

Mom- Like my dad, she doesn't care all that much. But she likes the fact that the fandom can get very creative sometimes, and those things can spark ideas in my head, so she likes how the fandom works, she just won't watch the show...

Tessa- She's two years older than me, and she likes to make fun of me every now and then. She'll watch it with me, but she won't get into it...which is a little sad if you ask me.

Laura- two years younger than me, and she's not a master as a Brony YET, but she still watches the show with me and she enjoys the fandom as much as I do.

Drake- younger brother who hates everything ponywise. 'nuf said.

Rhi-rhi- youngest of the fam, and not as big of a fan as I am...then again, she did introduce me to the show, so I gotta thank her for that.

My two younger brothers have took a liking to the show. The only reason they decided to watch it is because I liked it, so they wanted to see why I like it so much.

My mom watched an episode on TV and liked it. The episode was "The Last Roundup". She looked like she enjoyed it. Doesn't mention anything about it though.

My dad never watched it, but he doesn't seem to mind it.

My dad actually likes it a lot, and my mom enjoyed g1,g2 etc...but she hasn't made as much comment as my dad funny enough...of course my wife likes it, as she was one of the first to push me into watching it...but yeah, we all can enjoy it together, so it's pretty cool

My six-year old sister loves it. I've gotten her to learn all of the Mane Six's names, which is definitely something.

My little brother refuses to give it a chance. He just dismisses it as another one of my weird interests he'll never understand.

My Dad picks on me for it, and Mom doesn't exactly understand herself, but both of them are perfectly fine with and even supportive of my brony ways. They're the reason I have brony merchandise in the first place.

Nothing much to say about the rest of my family. None of them really care.

So yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Once I got into MLP last year, my baby brother and baby sister started to like it too. They respect the fact that I like MLP:Fim because they're just babies :lol: They don't know how to judge people yet. I am a girl but that doesn't mean I don't get made fun of for liking the show. My older cousin calls me a mouse for becoming less of a tom boy than I already am. His younger brother who is 10 gets annoyed of me making pony references all the time. My parents respect me and what I like but they too get annoyed sometimes. My aunt (who as a child also liked MLP but in G1) started to be happy about hearing that I finally like something that is made for girls XD But now she just calls me ridiculous.

my parents don't know that i like the show and i kinda want to tell them about it but i have no idea how to explain what a brony is to them hahah any advice on that ?

Pretty simple :lol: just tell them a Brony is a male fan of the show MLP:Fim you silly filly :)

But if you're unsure how they'll react if you tell them, just simply ask them this.

-Hey Mom/Dad, what is your opinion about the fact that a teenage boy/girl likes a little girls show or My Little Pony?

If they say something like, that's weird or is the boy gay or something, then simply say this.

-What if the show was extremely popular and it isn't very girly and it is very nicely made?

I hope I kinda helped ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I haven't converted my whole family to like MLP yet, but I'm working on it. I already got 4 of my cousins to like the show, my sister and my brother, but my parents are tough. They tried watching it the other day and shut it off after a few minutes.

I'M WORKING ON IT.

My brother, he's almost 30 and thinks I'm acting like a child and I can't get him to sit through one episode.

My dad doesn't get it either and no matter what I say he believes it was like G1 or even worse G3. He grew up around those times and doesn't understand why I like G4.

My mother is pretty good about the show, she has seen a few episodes with me, but after watching me play the Luna Games (still don't know why I did that) thinks bronies are sick.

Edited by roguesoul

My mom likes the show, and thinks it's cute. She's only seen a few episodes, but she claims to enjoy it.

My dad doesn't watch it, but he doesn't care one bit that I like it. After seeing the Rainbow Dash Vs Starscream Deathmatch video on youtube, he actually went out and bought himself a Rainbow Dash toy.

I have no siblings, and I'm pretty sure my cat has no opinion on the show, so this pretty much sums It up then.

My brother introduced me to it. One of my older sisters loves it(Shes a OG brony I used to make fun of her when she collected G3 ponies). She was so confused when I was wearing a rarity shirt and told her the details of the show. My oldest sister doesnt really like it but she thinks bronies are awesome. Mom/Dad dont really care. My youngest sister doesnt know she but Im going to tell her soon.