Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anypony wear sunglasses while driving?

LED Dasher

Heck yes I wear sunglasses while driving.  If it's sunny enough outside, I'll stick on my aviators before I go cruising wherever I need to go.  Love me some good ol' aviators! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

rayban-aviators.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I don't drive yet (but will soon.) I might wear sunglasses if I didn't have to wear normal one. Then again my glasses do turn to sunglasses in the sun. My dad does wear sunglasses and he looks badflank. So who knows.

I wear sunglasses almost every time I drive. Whenever I take them off, I find it rather difficult to drive properly. Perhaps they are a good luck charm of some sort? I would take a picture of them, but I can't seem to find my phone at this present time. So a random picture from the expansive, yet invisible, plane of information will have to suffice:

post-17520-0-37596600-1382499421.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Do my regular glasses count if they use transition lenses? The thing about that though is that my window is tinted. This means there is limited UV light going through the window, so limited that my glasses won't typically darken while I'm driving. So in a matter of speaking, I do but I don't.

(But seriously, guys, wear sunglasses when you're out for extended periods. Your eyes will thank you later.)

Yeah, I wear them all the time when I drive, but mainly because they are prescription sunglasses and I need them to see clearly lol. Stuff looks kinda blurry to me at a distance, so I can't read signs or anything if I don't have glasses on.

• Brohoof 2

well, i don't own a car (right this moment), but whenever i'm riding my trusty old aprillia i wear my helmet, and my helmet has like these built in sunglasses that can slide before my eyes using a switch at the bottom of the helmet. and i use those all the time.

Edited by repsol rave

I actually only just started driving because I didn't get the chance to do the written test until this month despite my birthday being ages ago ^^;

Since it's pretty much snowing here already it's usually pretty dark so not really, at this point. Maybe in the summer. The glare is annoying though ^^;

It depends on how sunny/bright it is. It feels brighter outside when it's overcast than when the sun is shining. Most of the time my transition lenses are adequate but when it's really bright, I throw the aviators on over my glasses.

Aviator shades: The best $10 convenience store purchase ever!

I usually hate wearing sunglasses in general because I don't want to look like a typical girl trying to be classy.  I did buy those Rainbow Dash sunglasses at Hot Topic, and I have found them very helpful when driving into the sun (when I remember them or have proper forsight).  Otherwise, I don't wear them at all.  They more often than not hang on my curtain than on my nose.  I actually wear safety glasses more than another kind of glasses. :P

Sunglasses while driving?

Sunglasses at night.

I have this thing where if it's too bright, even slightly, I start sneezing a bunch. So I'm usually wearing really dark sunglasses. They make it as bright as day, whereas other people wouldn't be able to see very much at all.

I do indeed, I couldn't because I had to wear the sunglasses over my glasses and it wasn't really comfortable but I did it anyway. But then I got clip-on sunglasses for my glasses and I used them a lot. I look cool with sunglasses, I only use them during summer though. Sunglasses are always cool, almost essential accessory. You just look 20% cooler when driving with sunglasses.

Many wear sunglasses during the winter, because you can become blind in snow. So I guess I might be using them during the winter, I really like sunglasses. I was very pleased having my clip-on sunglasses, now I can wear sunglasses all the time.

• Brohoof 1

I only wear sunglasses when it is really bright outside. The sun tends to shine in my eyes and it makes it hard to see. With sunglasses, that problem is nullified and I am able to concentrate.

I really only wear sunglasses if it's really bright out, whether I'm driving or not.  When I do wear sunglasses while driving, I just have a pair of aviators I got at Walmart for $5, and I should have bought a more expensive pair, because the pair I wear are kind of lop-sided.  They really come in handy, especially during winter when the sun's out and there's snow on the ground.

• 2 years later...

I almost always wear sunglasses in the car. It not only reduces glare from the sun and other reflective surfaces, but also keeps my eyes from getting irritated by stuff blowing in them when I have the windows down, and it reduces fatigue from squinting when it's really bright out. Not a bad fashion accessory either.  B)

Edited by Dreambiscuit

I once was wearing sunglasses at 1AM after a late night party. And yes before we left I said to my dad... (Well it's 1AM in the morning. We've got 200 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and where wearing sunglasses.) I later found out that it was actually a famous line from the blues brothers 1980s film. :)