Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever met a brony who's been a jerk to you/someone?

PoniesPlease

44 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever met a brony/pegasister who's been kind of a jerk?

• Yes
    • No

Ok..

Bronies are not "special" people. They are not living up to a code of anything. Bronies are regular guys and gals. Don't call someone an "arse brony", or a "douche brony". They are just an asshole, nothing more. Brands are nothing.

Edited by Finesthour
  • Brohoof 14

Ok..

Bronies are not "special" people. They are not living up to a code of anything. Bronies are regular people. Don't call someone an "arse brony". They are just an asshole, nothing more. Brands are nothing.

Yup, totally agree with that sentiment. That said, yes, I have met an 'a**hole Brony'. It was just this underclassman guy who wore MLP shirts practically every single day of the week, and he got rejected by this girl for homecoming, and got really mad at her and was a total d*ck, even though she'd been as nice, sweet, and polite about saying no as a girl could be asked to be! Seriously.... KUbAnTY.png

Edited by MissDashie

Of course! About 30% of bronies are like that(I should really discuss all of the sections of the brony fandom sometime). Heck, if I liked rainbow horses, I'd probably be considered part of that group xD. Anyway, as has been said, liking technicolor marshmallow horses does not make you any less likely to be a "douche".

• Brohoof 5

Ok..

Bronies are not "special" people. They are not living up to a code of anything. Bronies are regular guys and gals. Don't call someone an "arse brony", or a "douche brony". They are just an asshole, nothing more. Brands are nothing.

Apologies for not being clear.

My original point was, for example, someone who went around claiming to love and tolerate but just being a dick to everyone instead. 

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Apologies for not being clear.

My original point was, for example, someone who went around claiming to love and tolerate but just being a dick to everyone instead. 

"Love and toleration" never existed, my friend. It is quite impossible to love and tolerate everyone on the planet. There are people out there who you just CAN'T love and tolerate. Such examples:

Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin (even though he's a great leader, he's done some messed up crap), and many many more.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know any "Bronies" IRL, but I have certainly seen at least one be a complete and total jerk to me on this forum once before.

Fact of the matter is that there's absolutely nothing special about being a "Brony".

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I have never actually "Met" a Brony who's an ass hole or a douche. I don't meet many Bronies, and the ones I do meet I either talk to them for a minute and never see them again. Don't say a word to them, or are big friends of mine. I am sure, they exist but I got lucky and never really got to know any of them.

(But I love and tolerate...at least I think I do. I've come this far and I actually don't think I've come to hate anyone yet. Really. Anyone in general that's been mean or something I don't hate. I was definitely upset. I don't hate them. And for people that did majorly bad things in the past, for one thing they're dead, and the other is that I never lived to see their existence. How can I hate someone just because history tells me to? I need to meet and really know the person to be sure.)

Anyway, I don't know any bronies so I guess I haven't met one. In real life at least. On here or the Internet in general, every brony I've met has always been really nice. :)

Edited by FeIix

I have never met any irl bronies, so that is out of the question. I have seen bronies online however, and some of them are massive jerks and hypocrites. It's people like them that give everyone else bad rep, but if people judge the entire fandom just because of a few spoiled eggs, then they suck eggs. :P

Nope.....because....I've never met a real life brony.  sad.png  I've never seen another outwardly visible brony in hot-topic or Wal-Mart. And I work at Wal-Mart for Luna's sake, you think by now I would have met at least ONE other brony but sadly...I am all alone. Oh well, there's always hope for tomorrow I guess.

I've met plenty of bronies who I would categorize within the D-Bag category, people who are absolute jerks to others. Haven't you browsed through youtube comments before? Half the posts there by anyone are hostile, regardless of fandom. Also, there was this obnoxious kid named Presocott I hung out with at school for a while, but his immaturity got the better of him.

I met one. I met him even on forums (but I will not mention his name :P). Bronies are not special, we probably pass many of them on the street and don't even know that. It's not fanbase where literally everyone is nice, kind and friendly. It has its fair share of assholes like every other fanbase. 

• Brohoof 2

Yes. Me.

I do not pretend to be a good guy. I'm as much of an arsehole as anyone else. I'm not saying I'm constantly a dick but I'm no saint...and neither is anyone else.

Nobody is really a saint though, if someone looks like one, they probably have some bad stuff they are hiding. I think they mean people that go out of their way to be rude.

I'm a brony. And I'd be lying if I said I've never been an arse to anypony. I'd definitely say I'm an arse - a good-natured arse, but an arse nonetheless.

So yeah, bronies can totally be arses. We are people too, you know.

Edited by Dez

I've never actually met another brony irl before, but I know that just because they're a brony, doesn't mean they're automatically kind. Anyone could like the show, it doesn't mean much when it comes to personality.

I won't vote right now because I have only been a brony for 1 month and a day(Yay! For me!yay.png ), and I have only known one brony in real life(he's the one who got me into ithappy.png), and he is a very nice guy. I haven't even seen any other bronies in real life that I know of.

I've met several jerk bronies both online and offline. Kind of like Finest said, just because they're a brony doesn't mean at all that they're some special breed of people. They're just dorks.

The worst one I actually met though was at Bronycon which is strange because everyone else I met there was extremely nice but lemme just say that this guy was straight up mean when it came to everything. In a way I think he was just trying to be a tough guy because he was also donning the all black and chains with the metal band on his shirt (which honestly he could not name one song from them) and then also wore a fedora with skulls on it but jeez I don't really think that's an excuse to threaten to murder a little kid on the spot.

lol considering how scrawny he looked I don't think he would be capable of swatting a fly but still.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

"Love and toleration" never existed, my friend. It is quite impossible to love and tolerate everyone on the planet. There are people out there who you just CAN'T love and tolerate. Such examples:

Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin (even though he's a great leader, he's done some messed up crap), and many many more.

The whole love and tolerate thing annoys the crap out of me, not simply because of how absurd I find the point of it to be, but because it's lack of relation to the show despite so many bronies apparently being convinced that because they like the show they have to "love and tolerate errbodiez". Oh I'm certain tho that there are bronies who would love and tolerate all those people you listed, not because they agree with them, but because they think they have to love and tolerate everyone literally.

I just assume that the people who think they can love and tolerate everyone need to meet the people I've had the misfortune to have met in my life, and I'd love to see if they could love and tolerate them. I can say with complete and utter confidence that I have met true evil, and it should neither be loved nor tolerated.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

At the moment, no, though I have seen some unusual ones. I would honestly say that I would sometimes be an annoying person myself since I'm always, if not almost, talking about ponies to bronies I know. Sometimes it annoys them, though I can't really control it. 

If I'm not talking about that, then I'm talking about TF2, Assassin's Creed, Fallout, Borderlands, and how Ghosts somewhat ruined CoD.