Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MrPandaa

I'm Irish...that's about it really. Celtic origins, and no outside influences that I know of.

That's neat.  I've actually thought about naming one of my daughters Aisling (an Irish name meaning "dreams" in Gaeilge).

my ancesters were Cameroonian(mums side) Scottish(dads side). weird

Hey, another Scott!  But, if you don't mind me asking, what's Cameroonian?

• Brohoof 2

It's quite a popular name over here ^.^

I was almost named Aisling apparently XD

Well, if I do decide to name someone Aisling, I should never move to Ireland...good to know.  Hah, it's a small world!

I was born in TX, USA, but my ancestores mostly orginated from Balvaria Germany, i'd say 60% of my ancestory is that. The rest goes to of Scottland, irish, and French decent. And about 3% Native American on my end hehe.

Hah, I have a teeny-tiny bit of Native American, too!

• Brohoof 1

That's neat.  I've actually thought about naming one of my daughters Aisling (an Irish name meaning "dreams" in Gaeilge).

Hey, another Scott!  But, if you don't mind me asking, what's Cameroonian?

A country in central Africa. Former German colony

• Brohoof 1

piacere di conoscerti XD nice to meet you, are you italian or live somewhere else? Btw my ancestors basically died in all possible wars... so sad.. my has always been a "military" family XD, i live in the north of Italy, in Veneto, all my ancestors too.. so kinda sad...

Il piacere è mio ;)

I still live in Lombardia actually, yeah I read your post :/ it surely sounds like a really sad background...I never knew one of my grandfathers as well since he passed away before I was born.

Veneto sure is a nice place to live :D I go to Venice almost once a year, such a beautiful city.

• Brohoof 1

Il piacere è mio wink.png

I still live in Lombardia actually, yeah I read your post :/ it surely sounds like a really sad background...I never knew one of my grandfathers as well since he passed away before I was born.

Veneto sure is a nice place to live biggrin.png I go to Venice almost once a year, such a beautiful city.

heh.. Mussolini required lives... and my family was really in the fascist thought wink.png  i still got my old granfather Kar98k :)  funny things.. they died against americans and russians, then my father was trained by americans back at the mandatory military service.. so i did with the mini-Naia... so we have both a ww2 german rifle and a ww2 american rifle (an m1 garand) :) btw i love Veneto :) and Venice too... anypony out there wih italian origins should visit it XD

• Brohoof 3

Ohh...that's a bit simpler.  Funny how it sometimes happens that you don't look how you should.

¿Puedes hablar español, Pink Mist?

Claro que si. :lol: It's my native language after all :)

Fully italian I believe, My father moved to Bergamo from south Italy and my mother and her family has always lived in the north, I'm a bit "sad" about it. It would surely be interesting to also have a different heritage.

That's really cool :D I really love Italy. The food is amazing and the pics of it I've seen are beautiful. I wish I could go to Venice one day. But sadly that will never happen. I'll never get to travel :(

piacere di conoscerti XD nice to meet you, are you italian or live somewhere else? Btw my ancestors basically died in all possible wars... so sad.. my has always been a "military" family XD, i live in the north of Italy, in Veneto, all my ancestors too.. so kinda sad...

Lol I'm learning Italian myself so I know what you said at the beginning there ^_^ Ciao :) But that's horrible, the thing about your ancestors :( 

• Brohoof 1

Claro que si. laugh.png It's my native language after all smile.png

That's really cool biggrin.png I really love Italy. The food is amazing and the pics of it I've seen are beautiful. I wish I could go to Venice one day. But sadly that will never happen. I'll never get to travel sad.png

Lol I'm learning Italian myself so I know what you said at the beginning there happy.png Ciao smile.png But that's horrible, the thing about your ancestors sad.png 

i'm actualy proud of them, yeah they died worthlessly for a stupid and wrong cause but they fighted till the last breath... i'll honor every soldier who died, german, american, italian, japanese, russian in every war or place... humans being are not born to kill themselves.... but still the death is equal for anyone... so i shall bring honor to who died fighting for an ideal or his motherland, even if the cause is wrong

• Brohoof 1

heh.. Mussolini required lives... and my family was really in the fascist thought img-2020510-3-wink.png  i still got my old granfather Kar98k smile.png  funny things.. they died against americans and russians, then my father was trained by americans back at the mandatory military service.. so i did with the mini-Naia... so we have both a ww2 german rifle and a ww2 american rifle (an m1 garand) smile.png btw i love Veneto smile.png and Venice too... anypony out there wih italian origins should visit it XD

That's quite a "fun" turn of events, I'm not much into army stuff to be honest but it really seems like you have a huge military background D:

Yeah Venice is beautiful indeed, it really has something magical to it. I wish our government would do something to guarantee it's conservation.

That's really cool biggrin.png I really love Italy. The food is amazing and the pics of it I've seen are beautiful. I wish I could go to Venice one day. But sadly that will never happen. I'll never get to travel sad.png

I guess you are right, the food is great and we have many lovely places to see.

That's really sad! I'm afraid there are a few places I'll never be able to visit myself :/ but, at the very list, we still get internet and books to fill in.

• Brohoof 2

@Shoboni, @Frith is Magik, @ElectronDaydream

Hmm...Metis, Blackfoot, and Newfie.  I've never heard of those--what are they?

I'm also seeing a lot of Italians, Scotts, and Norwegians!  Go Scotts-Scandinavians!  Also, Romance languages are just cool, so...molto benne, ragazze e ragazzi.

And descendants of Daniel Boone, Jean-Olivier Chénier, and some World War vets!  Neat!

Viking, eh?  That's an cool way to denominate oneself.

Blackfoot is a Native American tribe, I honestly don't know much about it at all so it may be a alternate name or something for another tribe. 

• Brohoof 1

That's quite a "fun" turn of events, I'm not much into army stuff to be honest but it really seems like you have a huge military background D:

Yeah Venice is beautiful indeed, it really has something magical to it. I wish our government would do something to guarantee it's conservation.

I guess you are right, the food is great and we have many lovely places to see.

That's really sad! I'm afraid there are a few places I'll never be able to visit myself :/ but, at the very list, we still get internet and books to fill in.

i've been in the army for one year when i was 18 :) my father did too, probably yours as well, but our dads were forced (NAIA, mandatory italian military service)... i collect ww2 weapons as i have a fire licence... i have quite a bit collection.. those 2 rifles, a britsh lee-enfield, a russian mosin-nagant, an italian carcano/moschetto (the rifle used to kill JFK... an italian ww2 bolt action rifle with a civilian japanese optic sight)... most bolt actions ones.. than i have something that is more valuable then all off them... a german walter p38 pistol :) the same pistol that Hitler probably used to kill himself and the one that Lupin use XD.

• Brohoof 1

German, Polish, Scottish, and English. My family members of Scottish/ English descent came to the US as colonists, the Polish members came in WWI, and by German grandfather escaped the Nazis (he was a Jew) after krystalnacht. There is actually a very interesting story behind the escape and my military lineage....

My grandfather and his parents had forewarning of krystalnacht because my great grandfather served as a German doctor in WWI, and was warned by a former comrade in the SS. My great grandfather hid my grandfather in a wastebasket before being invaded and being beaten by SS officers. They all escaped the next morning.

My ancestors have participated in almost every major US war, including the revolution, 1812, the civil war, WWI, WWII, and Vietnam.

• Brohoof 2

German, Polish, Scottish, and English. My family members of Scottish/ English descent came to the US as colonists, the Polish members came in WWI, and by German grandfather escaped the Nazis (he was a Jew) after krystalnacht. There is actually a very interesting story behind the escape and my military lineage....

My grandfather and his parents had forewarning of krystalnacht because my great grandfather served as a German doctor in WWI, and was warned by a former comrade in the SS. My great grandfather hid my grandfather in a wastebasket before being invaded and being beaten by SS officers. They all escaped the next morning.

My ancestors have participated in almost every major US war, including the revolution, 1812, the civil war, WWI, WWII, and Vietnam.

salute to your grandfather.. and may i ask sorry for what my ancestors did...

it looks like many people who have a military background still follow this patch eh?

when i was joung i was told: "trasforma il tuo fucile, in un gesto più civile.." (transform your rifle in an act more civil..)

so i joined the red cross smile.png

btw this is the song we used to play at the night.. during the watch.. maybe some italian's fathers out there can recognize it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9s3tpnb04M

F.U.B.A.R.

Edited by Doc. Volt
  • Brohoof 1

I am Indian. My parents are from the state of Gujarat, located in West India. I was born and raised in the United States. It's a shame that Indians are underrepresented in the fandom, despite there being over one billion of us.

Edited by LED Dasher
  • Brohoof 1

when i was joung i was told: "trasforma il tuo fucile, in un gesto più civile.." (transform your rifle in an act more civil..)

so i joined the red cross smile.png

That's a great thought right there.  Trasforma il tuo fucile!

• Brohoof 1

That's a great thought right there.  Trasforma il tuo fucile!

it is to say, keep your love for your country, your will to fight, the fire than you have inside your heart (my rifle) but transform them to do something usefull to the others :)

• Brohoof 1