Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's in the box? SPECULATION THREAD (S4 Premier Spoilers)

Doctor XFizzle

113 users have voted

1. 1. What's in the 6-key diamond-shaped box?

• New Elements of Harmony
    • Cutie Mark Crusaders' cutie marks
    • Some item for the good guys
    • Some item for evil/bad guys
    • a severed head (lol Seven)
    • Other (explain in post)

My money is on it being something makes the Mane 6 "even" again. Considering how much the show staff has been arguing against the claims that it is going to become the "Princess Twilight Show", I can only imagine it's wings and horns for everyone, or (very unlikely) a way for Twilight to become a Unicorn again. Perhaps they'll all get Alicorn "power-up forms"? It could also be a new set of elements, though.

Whatever it is, I imagine the threat for the finale will need to be pretty big in order to justify a whole-season-long story arc focusing on the box and it's contents.

Edited by Twinhead B
  • Brohoof 2

I wish it was something crazy but judging on the kids watching it, I won't be. I think it's going to be predictable because remember that the target audience of this show is younger children. 

I think some sort of Elements of Harmony

But, Hey that's just my opinion wink.png

Maybe Hasbro will surprise us.....maybe blink.png

I have an idea. Suppose there's nothing inside the box per se, but the act of unlocking it will simply deactivate the tree and release the Elements of Harmony again?

If that's true, then whoever gets those keys first...could rule all of Equestria. Somepony with a cutie mark possibly related to archaeology, antiques, or the possession of valuable objects...

640px-SilverSpoonhoofwaveS1ep12.png

SOON.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

I am guessing it is some new artifact that will act to protect Equestria. It could also be a seed, allowing them to spread harmony, maybe even take on new Elements to defend Equestria without harming The Tree. There is a slight possibility that it is a new Element, though I doubt they would do that.

More likely it is a mystery box. The writers now have a minimum of six episodes to dedicate to finding keys, plus a mystery box which could reveal anything they need at the end of the season. It may just be around as a safety for the writers.

• Brohoof 2

Contrary to what I said before I'm calling it now:

The box contains nothing, but the trails and hardships the Mane 6 will face to obtain the six keys will inevitably bring them closer together as friends, and they will realize they do not need to rely on the Elements of Harmony to overcome obstacles or threats presented to them. Upon this revelation, the Mane 6 will find a way to defeat the bad guy of the season finale, and Twilight will overcome her season-long anxiety about becoming distant from her friends simply because she is a princess now.

• Brohoof 5

Funny, but i'm thinking more about the keys than the actual box. How they are earned/found and in what way.

I'm starting to wonder if the tree was made by something or a particular race. Whatever spawned from the original element tree now requires 6 keys to unlock it. Thing is, the keys themselves, where ever they are, did not come from the tree, atleast that's what we can assume. In a way, the tree seems to follow a pre determined "programming" of some sorts. Because those keys would obviously had to be made in preparation for it and what comes out of it. If they were spawned with the box, we obviously did not see it happen, but that seems farfetched.

It's just a small thought, but it seems like one of many possible theories that the keys were there before the mystery box ever came into being. And the tree itself? Did nature itself grow it? It's there for a very specific purpose(s), atleast... To keep balance, contain, ward off evil? But it's clear that if you keep the elements from the tree for too long it loses it's power. Even though Celestia said that "Even without the elements it contains a magic powerful enough to control and contain all that grows here if that magic remains". I guess that was a side effect of the tendrils, having its magic sapped, in a way...

That also leads to another thought, what's to stop Twilight from retrieving the elements in a much similiar fashion that Celestia did in the past? (The only copout i can think of is that it needs time to power up) The elements were in use by the Royal Sisters, Twilight and her friends, so it is safe to assume that the tree can also "survive" without the elements for millennia. They have been away from the tree for atleast a thousand years and who knows how long ago it was when Luna & Celestia defeated Discord. If the tree running out of power was an issue, Celestia would have warned Twilight about the dangers of the elements being separated from the tree for too long.

But the box, that grew out of the ground just as they returned the elements and put them in place, just seems like it is predetermined, or at the very most a (coincidental) culmination of the right conditions that needed to happen for it to appear. The tree may have needed the elements back, but the elements were also meant to be wielded (borrowed) and used in order to defeat evil. So what triggered this mystery box to appear... Why now?

Another tidbit is that the tree contained the "cutie marks" of both Luna and Celestia. Sun and the moon, they were greyed out until the collective energy of the elements went through them and lit up. Possibly combining their respective powers along with those of the six elements to produce... Something. It is interesting to say the least that the sun and the moon are on the tree of harmony. Why would they be on there? What do two parts of the day have to do with characteristics like honesty and laughter? Do Celestia/Luna perhaps have a strange connection to the tree?

Which leads to another thing! The elements also have taken on the shapes of the Mane 6's individual cutie marks. They looked different both when Twilight first encountered (In the pilot episode) them and when Celestia and Luna used them (In the flashbacks). In the beginning, they all resembled gemstones. When the Mane 6 started to wield them, they underwent a transformation in appearance. First they were gems, then took on shapes (circular, triangled, etc...) Then were destroyed, restored, wielded by the Mane 6 and eventually the "changed" elements put back into the tree... I guess you could say, the elements in present day are far different than how they appeared many years ago. That also has it's effects. There was only one element that has (mostly) kept an similiar and familiar shape throughout the ages... The one that belongs to Twilight, and has always resembled her cutie mark, one way or the other... Hmmm.

If you dig into this... Lots of questions about the origins of this tree, why it is put/grown there and what ultimate purpose it serves. My post is all over the place, but this thing is important. Perhaps having a heavy influence on the future of Equestria, the Princesses, Twilight, and her friends.

Edited by JavaJive

img-2030126-1-patric10.jpg

But if you pull the sting thus opening the super-secret compartment, it reveals an embarrassing picture of Celestia at the Hearth's Warming party!

Edited by Chrysler Conquest
  • Brohoof 1

I selected the new elements of harmony box but I really have no idea, I think it could be a seventh element, but who would possess it , spike possibly? I think that it may not nessessarily be new elements of harmony but some new way for equestria to protect itself.

It's The Pandorica and Doctor Whooves was trapped inside. Once it's unlocked he thanks the Mane 6 then flies away in his TARDIS.

*Season 4 abruptly ends*

*Hub airs promo about new MLP:FiM spin-off: Doctor Whooves*

I can't see it being "new" elements of harmony. That doesn't make sense and is very unoriginal in my opinion. I also can't see it being wings and horns so that the rest of the mane six can be alicorns too. If they did that, the show would be jumping the shark. -_- Plus, I see no reason why the rest should be alicorns. Theres no need.

Honestly, I don't have a clue whats in there. Maybe it contains some kind of ancient secret; I'm not sure what the ancient secret would be, but maybe something about the elements of harmony. I have a feeling that its some kind of artifact. I'm also thinking that it could be some kind of old book or powerful spell. Not sure what that would have to do with anything, but its a possibility. One thing is for sure; that box has an odd shape.

• Brohoof 2

It could be what Twinhead B said, but I believe it may be new Elements of Harmony for the mane 6 to use to defend and protect Equestria, still I hate waiting to find out, as soon as they showed the box I was like "No I wanna know whats in the freaking box!!"

post-5578-0-89809900-1385264859.gif

Come on guys, whatever is inside this box can't be bad at all. It definitely wasn't hidden, rather created by magic of friendship. If you look closely: it's almost like a fruit of the tree of harmony, a final, magical artefact created by friendship. Since the beginning of season 2 i paid much attention to all pieces of plot connected with Discord. All we know is that he was  Equestria's oryginal ruler, defeated by Luna and Celestia, later reformed by Fluttershy. I don't know why but since the very beginning I can't negate one of my theories: what if Celestia wanted to reform Discord since the very beginning and make him Equestria's ruler again? I suspect, that whatever is inside this box is mentioned for him. But what can it be? Again: i suspect it's a kind of magical artefact, probably mentioned to change his nature. If Twilight turned into an alicorn, wouldn't it be possible for Discord to turn into Acord, a spirit of harmony (or something like that) thanks to power of friendship itroduced to him by ponies?

Edited by Mr.

Kickass royal assistant armor for Spike.

The spell that turned Discord into a draconacus, thus exposition on his backstory.

"Most powerful weapon in the game"

Pinkie Pie's misplaced unicorn horn... "HA... always in the last place you look."

Every pony meme ever.

Trixie's Element of Harmony: Humility

• Brohoof 1

OHHH OHH I KNOW! ITS PROBABLY CHOCOLATE!

OR CONFETTI!

Its a conspiracy! Pinkie put it there! And she set this all up just to have it pop open with confetti!

I'm calling it now!

Ok its probably no confetti....(If it is i'm still taking credit though. K?)

I'm guessing it'll be some kind of good guy item, who knows though..

I hope its something really hilarious and funny, like chocolate. I would love that ;p.

Dangit, that darn box is going to be the pondering death of me until the end of S4....(Assuming it gets opened by the end of S4... I don't even wanna think of the anticipation to endure if it isn't...)

I predict that it's Marsellus Wallace's soul.

(How many Tarantino fans are on the forums? Hmm...)

Either that, or the new Ultimate Weapon/ Cosmic reset button for when everything goes wrong and darkness covers the land.

• Brohoof 1