Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are there any Bronies (that includes Pegasisters) who are married with children?

Sholem Itzhak

I recently saw a post that asks “Do your parents know you’re a Brony?” (http://mlpforums.com/topic/62170-do-your-parents-know-youre-a-brony/) At least to me, that question seems to be inspired from an understandable assumption that people seem to make (as far as I’m concerned) that participants in movements such as The Brony Movement are young adults who are in High School or College (or are at least of “college age”). But that general assumption is not always true (and I for one am gald it isn't).

I do believe some people also thought that all participants in The Occupy Movement are young adults who are in High School or College (or are at least of “college age”); but in reality, people from all ages actively participate in Occupy, and I also do believe that The Brony Movement is something for everyone (except of course the more Adult Oriented activities). For example, I do see that some if not many of the shows crew who are married with children (notably Tara Strong) find time to dedicatedly participate with the Brony movement.

So, are there any Bronies (including Pegasisters) or general fans/viewers on these Froums who are married with children? Or, do any of you on these Forums know any Bronies (including Pegasisters) or general fans/viewers who are married with children?

• Brohoof 1

I'm married with children (my twins just turned 7). It's one of those weird things where i'm older then 99% of the fanbase but I'm also REALLY the target fanbase that Lauren intended (for little girls and their PARENTS). After having it recommended by a friend I actually only started watching the show with my kids because I thought it would be weird to just watch it by myself.. Both my daughter and my son love the show and my wife has allowed me to be a pretty active brony even though she doesn't really enjoy it. Better then an ultimatum i guess. I work on Saturdays but we all huddle around the tv on sundays to catch the new episodes which is always a fun family event.

I was making music for about a year (badly) before discovering brony music and it was musicians like NACP and PinkiePieSwear that got me into the fandom and then I've spent 2 years since being active on my days off and making music, blogging, and doing fansites for that part of the fandom. It always feels a bit weird when half the people I'm talking to may be in their teens but its just whats to be expected on the internet anyway and i just don't find it to be a big deal. I'm still pretty closeted to my rl friends and family about it but its really not anyones business but my own what i do in my freetime. It's nice for my kids to grab my ipod and want to hear my music occasionally as that really helps having something that we all share in common. In the end I love MLP and the fanbase because it makes me feel positive, involved, creative,and frankly still young at heart. It also gave me a chance to be a better musician, actually have a chance to be heard by others, and never feel uninspired.   :)

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 5

I'm married.  Long and complicated story, he lost interest in dealing with children and I would only tolerate making children if he was the one who raised them. 

I've since become the homemaker instead of the one with the more promising career choice, and luckily he's become more interested in money than family, and inverting that interest by buying expensive gifts for his brother's children. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure there are bronies here with children, and even older bronies who are without children and not married.

Really bronies are made up of all kinds of people of all kinds of ages, and i know there are more then just young adults and college age people in the fandom. 

I myself however am just a 16 year old boy who is obviously not married, heck i've never even dated anyone, probably because of how nobody has ever really liked me, and that i'm not good at being romantic, or asking people out, and i'm shy, and many other factors that lead to me not having dated yet even, but yeah.

I do want to get married in the future however, and have children, but i'm not probably getting married till i'm like in my 20's, and probably won't have children till after college atleast.

I do like children and all, but don't have any of my own yet.

• Brohoof 2

I do know quite well a brony with two children and a wife: and it so happens that the wife is my mother, the eldest kid is my sister and the youngest kid is me :)

But I'm sure there people as Zygen said of all sorts

• Brohoof 2

Lol my first thought when seeing the title of this topic: "Wut? Is it possible somewhere to marry a child? o_O"

:huh:

I see you like playing comedian. But I said "Married with Children", not "Married to Children" :umad:.

Besides, I don't think the true Brony would dig those type of jokes (nor the type of comedic sense behind them).

Because true Brony would rather marry a Twilight plushie?

I'm not into the discussion of what True Bronyism is all about, since I rather use the word "truth" to describe what's already out there without questioning it (that is, if there is a Brony who can marry a plushie, then this is a part of the truth about Bronyism; and the other way around too: if there are Bronies who just like the show and they don't do anything "weird", then they are also True Bronies to me).

I'm also not into discussion of what's funny or humorous to whom, because "de gustibus ..." ;)

I just made a pun of my first thought when seeing that title, and the fact that I'm not a native English speaker, so I could confuse being married with somebody, with being married to somebody. And that's all. Sorry if you've got me wrong.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I'm 36 (will be 37 in a little over a month) and married to a wonderful pegasister, but no children here.  Just a lot of cats. :)  However, if I did have kids, I would happily watch FiM with them.

As to why we don't have kids, that's really a different discussion - fact is, FiM appeals to older folks like us as well.  We're both very much into the show (my wife perhaps more than me - she just bought a bunch of Hot Topic blind-box ponies this evening and is now suddenly obsessed with finding the show-accurate Pinkie Pie.)

• Brohoof 3

I'm not married, I'm not ready for marriage but I like kids they're fun so who knows maybe a couple of years later I'll come back to this thread and say I do. To be honest, I don't see myself getting married any time soon, haven't even been in a relationship before so maybe it won't ever happen and that's fine by me.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Newlywed for 2 months. No kids yet.

I do have a 2 year old niece who learned from me how to say pony and unicorn. Every time she sees a picture of one she says pony. It's cute. :3

She isn't old enough to appreciate the show, but her parents have Netflix and could watch it when she gets a little bit older. She does like pony toys.

Also I turned my husband into a brony. He has an affinity towards cute things. He is 27 and likes to snuggle with a Bulbasaur plushie. Some people think it's weird, but I think it's good dad material. :)

• Brohoof 1

Not yet, but both things are something I want to happen someday. I am going to turn 28 next month but I don't really have much experience in relationships both because I was very socially awkward during my teen years due to having Autism and pressures from work, school and taking care of my sick father (may he rest in peace) haven't given me very many opportunities for that. I am in the process of making some changes in my life to give myself more time to pursue that though (which I fully intend to ladies so come get some) along with a few other things like getting my drivers license (I have my permit but need some behind the wheel experience) and getting myself into an exercise program of intensive weight lifting along with some power lifting a bit later and cardio and of course just having some fun by going out and actually doing things. For the past 6 years my life has been nothing but work, school and other responsibilities and it has made me extremely stressed out, burned out and depressed but I am doing my part to change it.

Married for over ten years. No children out of medical necessity, but oh well.

And there are a good number of Bronies who are well out of school, like myself. I've counted a half-dozen or so active posters in the 40+ range like me, and I'm aware of a half-dozen more who haven't posted in over half a year. Given that many members don't list their age, there are likely a good number more as well.

Ohhhh, I thought you meant bronies/pegasisters who have a child as a wife/husband  :blink:what's wrong with me?

Well those are my two cents. No I am not married (I'm still in college without a girlfriend), and I probably won't consider having children until I'm much older considering my career path.

:huh:

I see you like playing comedian. But I said "Married with Children", not "Married to Children" :umad:.

Besides, I don't think the true Brony would dig those type of jokes (nor the type of comedic sense behind them).

Thanks. My mind was about to reach nuclear meltdown because of the title.

Also, no. I'm not married.