GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

If Rarity wins and i hear later someone cheated imma get pissed.

If fluttershy keeps the lead and I hear someone cheated ill enraged, and have to watch frankie boyle to calm down.
  • Brohoof 1

Luna V Celestia is 1st round, Fluttershy v. Discord is a  2nd round, AJ v. Rarity is a Semifinal.

It'd be easy enough to set up the 2nd/Semifinals.  There were no [actual] upsets [due to Somepony who didn't quite get the rules].

I read your evaluation of the tourney, but I'm still sticking with the same format I've got. Luck just didn't have it my way with the draw by way of competitiveness. We could have had a Mane 6 game at the group stages if luck had it. We could have had Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, and Discord in the same group if luck had it. 

• Brohoof 4

In RL FIFA one team just got trounced 7-1; OW!

Yes I am on topic.

I'm quite glad that we haven't had any matches like that [it's like 175-25 (do the math)]

I think that we ought to do some evaluation of the matches for future matches. 

1st.  We've done a lot of good cheering, and I love it.  But, occasionally the cheering has gotten a bit direct in confrontation.  If this type of competition is made again I think that a bit more guidance in how to be more circumspect might be helpful.  

2nd We've had some good matches, but I wonder if some might have been better if they had been planned  Luna v. Fluttershy is not an optimal combo IMNSHO as the best of Luna scenes are some of the arguably worst of Fluttershy [as they put her is a poor light].  I'd actually like it if friends were paired up against each other.  Luna v Celestia, Discord V. Fluttershy, or AJ v. Rarity.  That would be cool in that the two are FRIENDS and it doesn't seem like a war, but a friendly competition.

3rd It should be advertised on ED from day one. 

4th to whomever cheated SHAME ON YOU.  :okiedokielokie:

5th Great job on flags, on National Anthems, on keeping the end results clean, on posting videos comparing the two "teams," and on all that nitty gritty I don't even get.

Overall a great job.  Especially for a first run.  May any future runs learn from your acts and be just as 20% cooler as yours is.

:wub:

(yes I know that doesn't work grammatically.)

Germany killed Brazil, I knew they will win the World Cup! :D Go Germany, do it for Group G! 

Germany killed Brazil, I knew they will win the World Cup! :D Go Germany, do it for Group G! 

Then we have the Netherlands and Argentina who need extra time x3

• Brohoof 1

I read your evaluation of the tourney, but I'm still sticking with the same format I've got. Luck just didn't have it my way with the draw by way of competitiveness. We could have had a Mane 6 game at the group stages if luck had it. We could have had Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, and Discord in the same group if luck had it. 

I only meant for next time there is a tourney, not for this time.  First time always has a learning element.  (unless you're saying that You liked the way it happened this time and are going with it next time [whereas tha's coo' bro].  It's fine that we disagree then.) 

• Brohoof 1

I only meant for next time there is a tourney, not for this time.  First time always has a learning element.  (unless you're saying that You liked the way it happened this time and are going with it next time [whereas tha's coo' bro].  It's fine that we disagree then.) 

I think you have to go through the entire World Cup process to understand what I mean... I didn't consciously choose which character went to which group. I drew characters from a bowl after they qualified for the World Cup.

• Brohoof 3

Scootaloo vs Celestia was epic!

That will definitely be on my "highlight reel" post. Including a certain Minister/Despotic Alien's reaction.

The Rhyme Battle was equally fun.

No matter what happens to Rarity ... and whoever wins ... I declare this whole thread a great success.

• Brohoof 4

Scootaloo vs Celestia was epic!

That will definitely be on my "highlight reel" post. Including a certain Minister/Despotic Alien's reaction.

The Rhyme Battle was equally fun.

No matter what happens to Rarity ... and whoever wins ... I declare this whole thread a great success.

Right! And I'll prove it with another bit of random relevance I found...

mlfw9079-fluttershy_this_thread_is_delic

• Brohoof 4

I see we're almost wrapped up.......with Fluttershy remaining in the lead.    ;)

2d720c0e9f849657fdcefddd0714e725-d5vlp8g

On another note.................I may do something like this...........only in the Autumn and Winter with American Football. 

• Brohoof 3

I see we're almost wrapped up.......with Fluttershy remaining in the lead.    ;)

Still 2 hours... It Could happen

On another note.................I may do something like this...........only in the Autumn and Winter with American Football. 

Could be fun!

Could be fun!

2 Hours..............hmmm.....*looks at clock*......oh damn, :lol:

As for the US Football...........i'm still thinking about that. 

• Brohoof 1

I see we're almost wrapped up.......with Fluttershy remaining in the lead. ;)

2d720c0e9f849657fdcefddd0714e725-d5vlp8g

If we go through a 'season' if sorts with a w-l record that may be fun!

• Brohoof 1

Wait, I thought we just have an hour left? :huh: 

Anyways, here is some more Fluttershy love!!!  :yay:  :squee:  :blush:

fluttershy_wallpaper_by_supremeinferno-d

nature_maiden_by_pridark-d6ha3p8.jpg

fluttershy_by_draggincat-d6ool2n.png

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

If we go through a 'season' if sorts with a w-l record that may be fun!

I was actually thinking that the other day, with divisions and everything, but there'd have to be fewer teams as we saw here; when we have 32 characters some end up with no chance.

Also, my two favorite teams!

applejack_football_helmet_by_thegreatkturarity_football_helmet_by_thegreatktulu-

last pic I'll add... Promise

20120301103549!Football_kicking_S1E13.pn

Edited by The JLmle
  • Brohoof 1

I was actually thinking that the other day, with divisions and everything, but there'd have to be fewer teams as we saw here; when we have 32 characters some end up with no chance.

Also, my two favorite teams!

applejack_football_helmet_by_thegreatkturarity_football_helmet_by_thegreatktulu-

last pic I'll add... Promise

20120301103549!Football_kicking_S1E13.pn

Uh-oh....................now that i saw that..........i'm tempted to set up the US MLP Football thread, ;)

• Brohoof 2