Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your least favorite episode in season 4 right now?

Slice0Pie

My only disappointments have been Daring Don't and Rainbow Fall.

Both of these episodes were littered with so many character flaws that they gave me the impression that the writers no longer cared and just hodge podged things together.

Noticed the trend in negitive titles leading to bad episodes?

• Brohoof 2

Right now, it's Rainbow Falls for one of the laziest displays of writing I've seen on the show, a whole slew of flanderized characters for the sake of the plot or poor humor, and loads of contrived plot points that make me cringe for how poorly executed they were.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 7

Last time I posted here it was Daring Don't that held the dubious honor of being my least favorite. Well, Rainbow Falls now holds that title. Sorry, Rainbow Dash. -_-

Poor characterization from most of the supporting cast (especially Spitfire), humor that's more obnoxious than funny (Bulk Biceps), and a loyalty storyline that doesn't light a candle to Wonderbolts Academy's. In general, the entire plot had me scratching my head in confusion and it was disappointing to see how Rainbow Dash came to her decision. I can safely say that Fluttershy had a very strong showing in the episode, but otherwise this one just doesn't do anything for me.

Others have already summarized why the episode isn't very good so there's no need for me to continue to beat this dead horse.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 6

The latest one (as of right now) three's a crowd. In my opinion it was boring, with too much talking and nothing interesting happening. I found myself glancing away a lot during this one and even getting frustrated. The only good thing about it was the song Discord sang. Other than that it was a big disappointment  :P

All the episodes have little flaws which, as teen and adult viewers, tend to irritate us.  But some are worse than others.  My least favorite episodes to date are Flight to the Finish and Rainbow Falls.  Flight to the Finish should've more definitively answered the question about whether Scootaloo will fly under her own power one day or not.  It also lacked the emotion that Sleepless in Ponyville had.  And Rainbow Falls suffered from so many out of character moments contrived to support a weak plot about loyalty. I can't believe Spitfire would throw a valued longtime teammate like Soarin under the bus that way. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 3

My least favorite probably has to be Daring Don't. It wasn't an awful episode, but it shattered a lot of headcanons, and not for the better. I like to think that Daring had the same mane-style as Rainbow because she was picturing herself in the story. Now, there really isn't an explanation for their uncanny similarity...And it was kind of a boring episode. Way too dragged out.

• Brohoof 1

Untill Last week I would of said "Castel Maneia"  just because of some repettitive dialoge. But now its a tie between "Rainbow Falls"  and "Three's a Crowd".  

RF for me was really painfull to watch (to start)  after they got to Rainbowfalls it was easyer.   Maybe Snowfla... ahem Bulk Biceps inability to fly was like a Cannon punk to the face for me, or just the voice.  Tho I did ease up after a while.  Oh and Soarin   new Favorite Male Pony.   

As for 3AC, well it had discord...  and a PinkiePie that made me FaceHoof...    Song was Ok...  and Alicorn beatdown was probly best part of the episode for me.  

So yeah...   those 2, not saying I hated them,   just least favorite.  Still Loving the Hay out of Season 4!!

Rainbow Falls, for reasons you can read above.

In addition, Three's A Crowd had really repetitive dialogue. (How many times did they need to say the words "quality time" and "sister-in-law?") It's only saving graces were Discord and the worm. Discord, by mere virtue of being Discord, completely saved the episode and actually made it enjoyable.

(...) (How many times did they need to say the words "quality time" and "sister-in-law?") (...)

"Let go of my sister-in-law!"

"Let go of MY sister-in-law!"

"Let go of MY--"

Edited by Anti-Villain

Unpopular opinion time: 'Bats!' It started off really good, but the whole Flutterbat thing was just so... pointless. There could have been an entirely better way to portray the lesson. The song was amazing, but Flutterbat ruined it for me. And she still has a fang so is she still a vampire batpony? So dumb.

LOL I'm the exact opposite. Everything up to the Flutterbat part i just hated completely, and then Flutterbat herself was cool.

Yeah, it was utterly pointless, and took away from the overall story, but I didn't like the story anyway, so I didn't mind at all!

But still, Bats! is my least favorite episode of the season.