NightOwl

Tree  

71 users have voted

1. 1. Real or Fake Christmas tree ?

• Real
    • Fake
    • Both

Hey everyone! 

So, Christmas is upon us and I was just wondering do you guys get a real or fake Christmas tree ? 

My family always get a real Christmas tree :)

Edited by NightOwl

I always prefer fake trees but that is because not only do I find them to be a cheaper option but I also own 2 dogs who love sticks, branches and other things of the like. I we had a real tree they will want to tear down and chew up as fast as they can, a fake tree doesn't register with them and they leave it alone.

Edited by Macklin

Well, we switch depending on what year it is.  Every other year, we visit our family in California, and we leave our house for a week and a half.  During those years, we don't have the ability to take care of the maintenance of a real tree, so we put up a fake one.  But when we're home for the holidays, nothing beats the smell of a real tree!

Fake, for practical and environmental reasons. Practical, because of the dog and 2 cats. Environmental because it just seems like a waste to chop down a tree every year, just so it can sit in the living room for a couple weeks, then get thrown out.

• Brohoof 2

Fake. Call me frugal, but at upwards of $40 for a 7 ft fir, it's a waste of money buying one year after year. A pre-lit fake one will last about 5 years, and if you don't mind stringing the lights yourself, an unlit one will last even longer. They also don't shed needles everywhere and you don't have to worry about hauling it to the dump/greenwaste facility.

And if it's authenticity you're looking for, hang up some pine-scented ornaments. Smells just like a real tree and I can't even tell the difference.

EDIT: Also, keeping a real tree watered is not only a pain in the ass, but it's also highly impractical when you've got four house cats who won't leave well enough alone. We have enough to worry about with them shattering ornaments, so a watery mess is the last thing we need.

Edited by Lord Thrashicane

Never had a real christmas tree. always seemed like much more of a hassle and problem than it's worth. A nice like fake tree is easy and reusable.

We have an artificial Christmas tree. I just find real ones to be too much work than it's actually worth. Plus, artificial ones look a lot better than real ones. 

I would prefer to have a real one, but my family never gets a real tree. We've never really been able to afford one, not to mention how many times they pointed out the mess would be too much of a pain.

Also, I live in a two storey house and the bottom story is completely empty of anything, including stairs, so we'd have to lug the tree up an outdoor set of stairs to get to the part where we actually live.

So, I guess I want the tree, but not the difficulties that come with it. :P

My house has almost always used plastic trees, except for Christmas 2010, when our old plastic tree broke and we couldn't get a replacement because they were all sold out, we used a small real Christmas tree we had out the back. We've since gone back to plastic.

I've always had a fake tree. I would like to have a real tree at least once in my life but I've always been pretty satisfied with the fake one. It's easy to put up and take down, and it comes pre-lit! I'm lazy so that's always a plus.