Real or Artificial Christmas tree ?

NightOwl

Tree  

71 users have voted

1. 1. Real or Fake Christmas tree ?

• Real
    • Fake
    • Both

We've used a real tree a few times, but we're only going to use fake ones from now on. Not only is it cheaper, less of a hassle to put up, and without the need to clean up the pines, but my parents also find using real trees an unfair waste of life, how a living tree has to be cut down for something as pointless as just leaving in a room for a few weeks, and throwing it out afterward. I would have to agree with them.

Edited by Mars Brownie

A real one. We don't have any pets to worry about in the house and this year we're not spending any money since it was growing in our backyard. :)

My parents always have a fake tree or two we get out for Christmas.

I think Real trees are pretty cool, but we never really have them.

I think maybe when i have my own house i may get real ones, unless i'm really tight on money or something.

Eh, my family doesn't even get any Christmas tree anymore. :( We just have too many damn cats in the house! :P But a couple years ago, we used to always use our old, reusable, and fake tree. :P

However, I personally would prefer a real Christmas tree. :) They just seem so much more authentic, natural, and have a really nice and fresh scent. 

We've used both in the past.

The artificial tree we had (while quite realistic) was way too large, heavy to drag down from the attic, and difficult to assemble.

We get real trees now, they are smaller, easier, and smell like christmas. :D

Edited by crazitaco

I'll always love the smell and adventure of a real tree, but honestly, after having a fake one for a few years I'd never go back. Fake trees are stronger, less messy, and all around superior to a real one when it comes to decorating. Though, I'll always miss going to the tree farm with my dad, uncle, and cousins to chop down a tree for X-Mas. Ahhh, good memories.

We used to get fake until, we began losing pieces and our cats then would pee on it -.- and it was near impossible to clean.

So, we started a tradition that every year, we get a real one. Reason why, because it feels more Christmas-y and back in them olden days, that's really what you had to do. We like the smell of the fresh new pine and we just think its more of an adventure to get one. Its exciting.

Fake ones are good only if you choose not to go out and do all that, getting a real tree. We don't like artificial because as I mentioned, we have cats (still) and they some reason choose to pee on it. Oddly enough, they have NOT ever once, peed on our real trees. Also, as I mentioned, we somehow tend to loose parts of the artificial. Yes, having a real tree, is a pain to clean after its time to throw it out, but its worth it, in our opinion.

• Brohoof 1

My dad used to be a tree salesman, and his pitch used to include, "Artificial trees are for artificial people!" Personally, I prefer real Christmas trees, but the fake ones have their uses too. 

Price has never really been a factor around here, because I live in the middle of a forest, and fir tree farms are everywhere (you have to get them from a lot or a farm around here because it's a Redwood forest, and redwoods suck as Christmas trees). When you live in a forest, having a fake tree just labels you as "LAME".

This use of an artificial Christmas tree has been approved by websterhamster:

post-17435-0-37365300-1387681339_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Both. I live in a divorced family, and my dad always gets a real one, because it's a family tradition, and I promised my grandmother I would carry that on. At my mom's house, we have a fake one. It's more convenient and less messy, but it doesn't feel as nice as a normal tree.

• Brohoof 1