Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else feel Chrysalis is overdue for a return?

Jammo

We're getting our fill of Discord with the pilot and a yet to be seen episode where he sings but..

I think Chrysalis needs some development this season. Since a lot of this season remains to be seen it could happen. Yes I am aware of the comics and she did have a lot of fantastic material in the first arc but I don't want them to ignore a villain with a ton if potential just because Discord is the fan favorite.

Sincerely, a Chrysalis fanboy. :P

yes, because unlike Discord who was turned back into stone, all she went through was being blasted away (not even killed, but blasted away like team rocket) so yeah, she needs to return dangit.

yes, because unlike Discord who was turned back into stone, all she went through was being blasted away (not even killed, but blasted away like team rocket) so yeah, she needs to return dangit.

it happened to her again in the comic LOL.  even still i would like more of her.

I want her to return, but in a better light.. Like Luna meets her somewhere and wants to introduce her to Celestia, but Chrysalis doesn't know Luna and Celestia are related.. THAT would be fun lol

I wouldn't say shes overdue for a return. She was just planned to be a villain for two episodes so she doesn't need any development. Even with that being said though, it would be cool for her to return, and I could see that happening. She does have some untapped potential, and it would be interesting for her to make a return. :)

• Brohoof 1

I'd be cool with Chrysalis coming back, its just a matter of making sure her reason for coming back makes sense and all. And that she is interesting enough. 

I do like her character though and i'd be cool with her returning of executed correctly.

• Brohoof 3

If they can make her frighten me again, like she frightened me when I first saw the Season 2 Finale, then sure :)

(Actually, these days I'm a lot more interested in how good the writing is than which characters return or don't return, but that's probably another topic for another thread)

We're getting our fill of Discord with the pilot and a yet to be seen episode where he sings but.. I think Chrysalis needs some development this season. Since a lot of this season remains to be seen it could happen. Yes I am aware of the comics and she did have a lot of fantastic material in the first arc but I don't want them to ignore a villain with a ton if potential just because Discord is the fan favorite. Sincerely, a Chrysalis fanboy.

I wouldn't say shes overdue for a return. She was just planned to be a villain for two episodes so she doesn't need any development. Even with that being said though, it would be cool for her to return, and I could see that happening. She does have some untapped potential, and it would be interesting for her to make a return.
 YES YES YES!! FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!! 

it happened to her again in the comic LOL.  even still i would like more of her.
Comics aren't cannon tho.

Not quite yet. Yes, she's a great villain, but I'd like to see a couple of new ones before she comes back. For now, her comic appearance is enough to hold me over.

Comics aren't cannon tho.

Official status is "canon if you want them to be." So far nothing has really contradicted show canon. (Price said the Daring Do thing was the name of an award before Daring Don't aired.)

"canon if you want them to be."
We do not want them to be... trust me the comic about Queen Chrysalis was vastly underwhelming. Cutsie Muchie land? And what were the kittens called? And Avatar-last-airbender style meteor doing stuff? And Twilight being less powerful than Chrysalis at one point and more powerful at the other? Just... no... just no... and don't let me mention the unrealistic "Team Rocket" immunity.

http://huussii.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Banished-324738218

http://huussii.deviantart.com/art/MLP-The-Unsung-End-362486615

This is what happened. Much much better.

While I don't particularly miss her and I don't really find her return overdue, it would definitely be awesome to see her again :). There are some fun ideas out there about what she could do in the show and I wouldn't mind those realized. Or at least get a bit more out of her. Not letting her return would just be a waste.

I've always felt Chrysalis was a *great* villain, in the Disney villain mold right alongside Ursula or Maleficent. So yeah, she is overdue for a return. I loved her in the show and in the comics so I would love to see her again.

The thing i'd be curious about is how will she attack.

she tried to conquer equestria though subterfuge before, If she learns twilight is now the 4th princess will she attack in force? More to point wil she even target Canterlot at all. The crystal empire is probably the only capital more love-powered than anywhere else and it was hidden from her before,

• Brohoof 2

We do not want them to be... trust me the comic about Queen Chrysalis was vastly underwhelming. Cutsie Muchie land? And what were the kittens called? And Avatar-last-airbender style meteor doing stuff? And Twilight being less powerful than Chrysalis at one point and more powerful at the other? Just... no... just no... and don't let me mention the unrealistic "Team Rocket" immunity.

http://huussii.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Banished-324738218

http://huussii.deviantart.com/art/MLP-The-Unsung-End-362486615

This is what happened. Much much better.

unfortunately, what happened in the comics is more in line with how the show works than those two examples. Also lets face it, a corner of equestria that isn't all fluffed up and isn't in the everfree forest? nah..

TBH while I did find that arc a bit underwhelming in the end, it still did a lot of what the show could not as is.

Bringing her back now, outside of possible hint or side mention of what happened in the comics, would throw a wrench in the works between hasbro and IDW. So the chances of it are questionable, but not out of the way since she and her changelings survived in either regard.

they should really outright say yay or neigh to the comics cannon though. If not than they can go free range, if so than it can be more sales and tie ins. its a win-win scenario regardless for Hasbro, as both options would spark revenue by having original stories unlinked, or pushing for the "what happened? Now I need the comics!" deal that other companies use (Games use it to help with story. Halo 4 makes no sense without knowing some of the NEW books MS published (that screw the old ones stories hard just so they could make a new enemy)

My dream changeling episode doesn't involve Queen Chryslis at all except in name.

Changeling fear grips Caterlot after a news story about Queen Chrysalis. At the same time the Griffon leadership are in Canterlot to sign an anti Chrysalis pact and Twilight and friends are both invited and very annoyed at the arrogant and acerbic Griffon leaders whom aren't particularly fond of ponies. The Mane 6 leave the castle for air and end up in Canterlot Square where a few changelings with a thinly veiled bad attitude show up to the city market to sell some things. Some of the Mane 6 are interested enough to take a look around their booth, the rest can't believe them. Then a mob of ponies chase them off.

The next day the changelings return with five or six hundred of their closest pony hating friends to teach the mob of ponies a lesson. The shield goes up but the changelings have a spell that opens a hole and go right in. The Mane 6 try to retreat to the castle but a dark cloud surrounds of changeling magic surrounds it trapping the gaurds inside. Both the ponies and changelings realize independantly that they are trapped both inside the city but outside the castle the Mane 6.

The angry changelings then start impersonating ponies, playing cruel pranks on the locals and spread paranoia. The ponies fight back however they can as changelings are captured, ponies are cocooned and both side rescue their comrades. The city is divided with the changelings controlling about half the city and both struggle for complete control.

As this goes on some changelings and ponies begin talking to each other and realizing that they don't particularly dislike one another. The ponies learn the changelings can't get out of the city or into the castle either and are not more aware of what is going on then they are. A few of the Mane 6 (Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity maybe), some other Canterloters and some changelings set up an intergrated safe zone deviding the city again into 3 sections, changeling, pony and both.

Twilight and the leader changeling try to keep their warriors and continue to fight for the city but more and more are defecting. Night falls as the angry factions sit on gaurd staring each others side of the city down as sounds of partying inside the ingrating section grow louder and louder. Eventually they realize that the friendship group is right and just as they all agree to find away to free the city from the spells keeping them there, suddenly the magic walls comes down.

The Griffon visitor is a Changeling Queen who was signing the anti Chrysalis pact with Celestia. Her changelings wanted to side with the brute Chrysalis against the ponies that hate them and both the Queen and Princess Celestia knew that neither of their subjects would go for friendship between them so they set up their subjects to be forced together. In the end the pact is signed and the changelings and ponies agree to spread word of their friendships across the two kingdoms, and they state that they hope that one day Queen Chrysalis's changelings will learn the value of friendship even if she never does.

Twilight's lesson is about when to fight and when to find common ground.

Edited by ALIS

Definitely. Most great series have recurring villains, so I was pretty disappointed that both her and Sombra were one-shot villains. (And I'm not really counting Discord as a recurring villain - he may be antagonistic, but Fluttershy's friendship pretty much has him in chains.)

I've described this scenario elsewhere, but I always thought it'd be interesting for another changeling to usurp Chrysalis as queen (as with real insects), rallies the changelings for a new invasion on ponykind, and leaves Chrysalis at the bottom rung of changeling society for a while. Until, of course, she rises up again and gets her groove back, so to speak.

She already gets ton of attention in the fluffle puff department, and she got her own comic arc, so i'm not sure...

Wouldn't mind best villain being brought back though.

• Brohoof 1