Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often have you threatened to quit the show?

FNGRpony

This might get kicked to sugar cube corner, it's late and depending on how in word this it may stay or it may go,

but how often when you hear a fans idea do you go 

"they better not or i'll rage quit!"

which i always thought was an odd threat to tell another fan who totally disagrees with you.

"If you get your way I'll totally leave"

could you imagine if everytime your hopes and desires won out over someone else, they just got up and left?

Life would be awesome, but back on topic.

I'm kinda proud of the fact I'm along for this ship road till it sinks,

baring stick figure animation and really horribly voice actors i'm not going any where lol.

Flash sentry could fly in riding a shark and marry twilight

while a new back groud six, including a gay shipped couple totally canon, and I would still watch.

who knows maybe they could (not that they would) but could do those things right.

I havew this happy optimism for the show right now.  I have faith in the writing staff.  (wispers that part so they can't hear it).

The arts been amazing, hell i'm looking forward to the next song,

and I HATE THE SONGS on the show.

Maybe i just feel like sharing my foolish optimism.

• Brohoof 6

I've only threatened to quit the show once, over Twilight's wings. I didn't quit, but I am mildly annoyed that they made her overall anatomy different as well. Such a long freaking neck... I don't even care about the wings anymore but oh my god does that neck ever bother me. She's skinnier too :(

But I won't quit over that... I'll just suffer a convulsing eyetwitch everytime they make it obvious.

Edit: I just fixed the incorrect word 'shoe' to the intended word 'show'

Edited by D1SC0RD
  • Brohoof 6

I haven't. I've been watching the series since season one and have thoroughly enjoyed it the entire time.

I'll admit that I found alicorn Twilight and Equestria Girls to be somewhat wonky concepts, but was pleasantly surprised by how skillfully both moves were executed. Either way, nothing to quit the show over.

Eh, maybe I'm just easy to please.

• Brohoof 2

The only things that ever bothered me about the show were Cadence (I despise her  :eww: ) and Twilicorn, but I'm not about to quit watching the show over such trivial matters  :fiery: The only reason I'd ever stop watching is making Doctor Whooves a reoccurring character. Don't need a once good-now bad franchise infecting an awesome show. It's enough that fanon has achieved that.

Edited by Octavia's Melody

The only things that ever bothered me about the show were Cadence (I despise her  :eww: ) and Twilicorn, but I'm not about to quit watching the show over such trivial matters  :fiery:

If she had her own royal sceptor would that make her 20 percent coooler?

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

Not once.

This show has done so much for me. It really has.

I threatened to quit LIFE and this show revitalized my slight hope. It showed friendship is INDEED a magical thing, and is also quite great. It went to heart because Twilight and I are NEARLY THE SAME PERSON/PONY. It made me laugh, too. (Thanks to Pinkie and Derpy)

It made me look at life and realized that some PEOPLE harbor elements of friendship. It EFFECTIVELY TURNED MY LIFE AROUND. I WON'T QUIT ON THAT!

Hoo-rah!

• Brohoof 2

never.. as long as they don't ruin pinkie pie i will be always here... man i don't even give a single buck about twiliwings... just don't touch MAH PINKIE!

Never. There have always been certain decisions I've questioned or even hated, but I've always let things play out and really give it a shot. I was concerned that things like Alicorn Twilight or reformed Discord might take things in the wrong direction, so far it hasn't.

• Brohoof 1

Ah would never quit dat show cause it's so great!

If you want to quit the show, feel free to while I go and enjoy the episodes of the first seasons over and over again. It's okay to change things otherwise it would only end up being the same things all over again, it can be worse but also better in some cases, while I don't approve of Twilicorn that much I still love her because she is still Twilight. :3

MLP - it's the drug I'm on daily and I love it.

I suppose the closest I have ever come to that was over twilicorn, I am neutral now but still don't like the way it was just shoe horned in a the last minute in a rushed season finale that was a complete insult to one of my favorite ponies. I didn't outright threaten to leave but it sure left a bad taste in my mouth, season 4 is doing good so far but there is still a lot of explaining to do about twilicorn and it may take a while before I am fully sold on the idea.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight has wings?

240528__safe_twilight-sparkle_alicorn_sp

That's pretty much what I thought of Alicorn Twilight and the fandom. For me it is no big deal really, it's something new, I don't like it that much but I wouldn't go around saying: BOOOO THIS IS SO BAD NOOOOO, in fact, Twilight actually has become one of my favorites recently...

• Brohoof 4

I'd never come to the conclusion of threatening to quit the show because, I would come back to the show eventually which would make my thought of threatening to quit completely pointless.

Not once have I considered it. As stated by others, this show and fandom have had a profoundly positive impact on my life. I'm here to stay. Twilight's rushed ascension to alicorn bugged me but not the concept itself. Who she is as a person/pony is the same. Equestria Girls, while something I liked, I would have simply ignored if I hadn't; it changes nothing.

While capable of in-depth episode and character analysis and understanding of those who do it, it's not my cup of tea. I do my best to take as much about the show as possible at face value and find myself much happier and experiencing greater enjoyment because of it. MLP and the endless amount of fan content being pumped out will always be my favorite way to unwind. Nothing is likely ever to change that.

• Brohoof 1

Not once. Threatening to quit strikes me as an entirely melodramatic gesture and it's not something I ever see myself doing.

This isn't to say I'll never quit. Someday I'll stop watching the show altogether and move on to something else. It happens. I have no illusions about that. But it'll be a gradual process. I won't make a big fuss about it.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah as many have said before me I've never threatened to quit, I just love the stories and deep down I don't mind what happens or who changes... I'd only quit watching the show if it got darker, more violent or something... I like it too much to quit...