Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you dislike about your favorite character?

Sugar Pea

The only thing I dislike is fact how underrsted Applejack is in fandom. She has a great potential as a character and it's a shame that writers don't use it. I dislike the 'background pony' jokes and comments that she is useless or less important than the rest of Mane 6. And... There's nothing more to say, really. I just love her. I like everything, even her flaws, because they make her real.

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 2

I'm going to ignore any possible rarity debate in the room and mind my own business.

See this is an insanely easy one because twilight's earned her sport as my favorite pony.

Hum, twilight seems to break down and listen to her friends,

like in bridal gossip,

and bats,

in situations she might know better.

But i mean aren't those flaws because she embodies friend ship?

see best pony.

^^ what with the theme of the show being her word.

The only thing I dislike is fact how underrsted Applejack is in fandom. She has a great potential as a character and it's a shame that writers don't use it. I dislike the 'background pony' jokes and comments that she is useless or less important than the rest of Mane 6. And... There's nothing more to say, really. I just love her and like everything, even her flaws, because they make her real.

She did call rarity rotten ^^ with the best damn smirk i ever saw LOL.  I mean it was better than the troll face.

Pinkie Pie is my personal favorite, but she has a spectrum spanning from enjoyable eccentricity to irritating. The pilot episodes where she was extremely hyper and constantly blabbing were the pinnacle of annoying, whereas Party of One - my favorite episode - is the best portrayed example of her wackiness.

For the most part, they do Pinkie right. However, they can slip from time to time. She came off as annoying in the recent episode Castle Mane-ia, with a few exceptions.

138671430017.gif

• Brohoof 1

here here.

I Have pinkie as my third favorite,

when she's on she's amazing, it's all those other times lol that keep her around 3

Pinkie Pie is my personal favorite, but she has a spectrum spanning from enjoyable eccentricity to irritating. The pilot episodes where she was extremely hyper and constantly blabbing were the pinnacle of annoying, whereas Party of One - my favorite episode - is the best portrayed example of her wackiness.

For the most part, they do Pinkie right. However, they can slip from time to time. She came off as annoying in the recent episode Castle Mane-ia, with a few exceptions.

img-2174633-1-138671430017.gif

Hmm...Oh!

Well Luna is my favorite, and I dislike that she isn't in enough episodes. That's about it. 

I saw the screen name and i knew what you were gonna post before i scrolled down LOL.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing. I know that sounds biased, but it's true. There's nothing I dislike about Rarity.

Note this isn't the same as me saying Rarity is flawless. Far from it; Rarity can be egotistical, shortsighted, and prone to histrionics. And despite her generosity, she does at times act selfishly. But these flaws make Rarity human and relatable, and are a huge part of the reason I like her character so much. Without these aforementioned flaws to offset her good traits, she'd just be a bland, perfect, always-nice pony; And while inoffensive, characters like that aren't really interesting.

So, I certainly acknowledge my favorite character has weaknesses and shortcomings, but those things are part of the reason I like her.

• Brohoof 3

Applejack: I mostly don't like the fact that she has so much potential that the writers have barely even begun to tap into, season 3 helped put things in the right direction though.

Twilight Sparkle: The whole alicorn princess thing is completely stupid and pointless, I have no objections to it happening eventually so long as it is done right but it was just arbitrarily shoe horned in at the last second in a rushed season finale in a season that otherwise had nothing to do with it. While it hasn't turned her into a Mary Sue like I feared it would yet and there is time for it to work, even if it does work out doing it now of all times stilll made no fraggin sense. I suppose all I can do now though is wait and hope for the best, the season 4 premier was good but didn't answer as many of my questions as I was hoping.

Luna: She is just as important as Celestia and yet is practically a background pony.

Don't get me wrong: Pinkie is very much a flawed being. She's overly-upbeat and dramatic, a bit too egotistical in her quest to gain more friends, too fast-paced and often doesn't consider the actual feelings of the ponies around her.

... But with all of her flaws, I really don't dislike anything. That upbeat nature is the reason I appreciate her as a character in the first place. I envy it, honestly. Her subtley egotistical nature comes through in Friend in Deed in that she really has no doubt in her mind that she's able to befriend anypony and everypony. She simply refuses to hear it any other way. And her much-too optimistic nature tends to make her forget that sometimes the ponies around her have their own emotions.

Despite these all certainly being flaws, she's still likeable with all of these, and they make her feel somewhat more believable as a character.

Something wrong with Dashie??

Hmmm... let's see...

This may sound a bit weird, but... her speed (I'm gonna get slammed, I know it.) It's not that it's bad, it's just that she never really puts it to use. She can break the sound barrier in mere seconds, which is a bit OP for my tastes. You could argue the same for Sonic the Hedgehog, but he has to build up momentum first.

I wouldn't mind it that much if, like I said, she put it to more use. She does it every so often, but in a tight situation, I don't think she uses it enough...

Zecora is one of my favorite characters, but I don't like the fact that she might get minor appearances in the series.

Edited by SweetieBelle456

My favourite character is RAINBOW DASH! I love her to pieces so it's hard for me to pick out her flaws but... Every character has flaws so... I dislike her arrogance sometimes. Boasting and showing off is not something that I would do myself. Let's face it, she's a bit a of a hot-tempered girl, but I think that is what makes me love her more.

You know, you shouldn't really ask someone to pick out flaws in their favourite character. It's mentally draining.

I tend to dislike the fact that some people put the lesbian card on RD

It just doesn't seem fair to her :(

To be frank, people put the lesbian card on most ponies in the show, because 1. The land of Equestria is populated with a higher ratio of females to males and 2. Because that's what Bronies do. Edited by Dashabel
  • Brohoof 1

I'm having a hard time coming up with something I dislike about Rarity as a character. Yes she has flaws, but as a character those flaws make her interesting.

However, if I were to actually meet her in person (or is that "in pony"?) I would probably be put off by her more delicate, prissy side.