Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you get nostalgic over video games?

Techite Sparkle

Remember back in the early 1980s when there was arcade games on every corner.

Ahhh the days of slamming quarters into the machines.. raging at bad hit detection, or bonkers controls because some jerk spilled their drink into the joystick and buttons...

yeah, those were the best :)

• Brohoof 1

Simply, yes.

But, some of my nostalgia is for newer games than most here mention.

I am nostalgic for games like Super Mario RPG, Super Smash Bros. (Not Brawl, but the other 2.), Mario Kart, THE ORIGINAL SUPER MARIO BROS. GAME, Mario Party (mostly 5 and 7.), older Pokemon games, Disgaea... A lot of other games.

Edited by Twilight Sniper
  • Brohoof 1

For me I get that nostalgia spell every now and then. I was playing Fallout 3 recently gut to play Reign of Grelok Bata.

I'v always had a love for text adventurers, but I refuse to play any on my PC.

The last time I play such a game was Zork, and right as I retrieved the egg from the nest.

My first PC crashed and to this day it is an interesting and funny tale to tell, of a text adventurer to powerful for an old PC.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Princess is perhaps the most painfully nostalgic game for me ever. The reason being that I got, played, and loved that game right at what I consider the best, most perfect time in my life. ..The peak before the great fall.

Although I love the game and its music. Exposure to either can make me feel so depressed that I almost get sick. It's because it brings back the idea of that feeling of unrestrained hope for the future. The idea of such simple times. The idea of the feeling of not appreciating everything I had and not seeing how far I could fall.

Okay.. Sorry... I think I may need to be kept away from that game and its music for the sake of my own mental health. Sad how it came to be this way, but it did... Maybe particularly because I lost Twilight Princess for a few years, and when I first got to play it, it was like a trip back in time for my mind and hit me very hard.

I do have normal nostalgia for plenty of games. I get nostalgic over things rather fast. lol. I always have. Even when the times in the past weren't actually "better" in anyway, I was always terrible at it. Having a taste of "hyper" nostalgia has made me tone it down with everything else, though.

• Brohoof 2

I usually do get some nostalgia when I play video games like my childhood fantasies made up when I was a kid and those happy times when I learn to stay happy even in the

This was when I played the 2 of my favorite games from the Kingdom Hearts series as well as some nickelodeon games like Rugrats: Royal Ransom and Rocket Power: Beach Bandits.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's hard to get nostalgic over things you play even now. I make a point of buying games I had or played in the past so I could play them again. I've gotten most of them down so there's really no nostalgia left for me to grub on.