Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you get nostalgic over video games?

Techite Sparkle

I guess my main question here is...

Have you ever been nostalgic over a video game before? Do you connect it to a life event?

I am nostalgic over Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Genesis. My reasons for this I guess would be that I always played it when I went over to see my mother...

So what about you? :)

Edited by Techite Sparkle
  • Brohoof 4

I'm nostalgic about Ocarina of Time and Star wars battlefront 2, because they were the games I always got to play whenever I went to my dads years ago. I've always lived at my moms since my parents are divorced, so I connected those games with seeing my dad on the weekends.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really get the nostalgic feeling because I never stopped playing all the games from my childhood. They ate still to this day my main source of entertainment. When you spend your entire life with something, and continuously use it, it doesn't really bring out that nostalgic effect. I'm more likely to feel nostalgic over an XBOX 360 game...

But of course, If I had't continued to play them then I'm sure they would be nostalgic.

• Brohoof 1

I'm always nostalgic when it comes to playing old games, like Spider-Man and Roller Coaster Tycoon because they had something that always brings you back to play them nonstop.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, until I get to the parts that frustrated me as a kid and I couldn't solve, then I get frustrated again until I remember that I am a big boy and I have figured it out. Then I figure it out and get nostalgic again.

• Brohoof 1

I always get nostalgic whenever I pull out my Dreamcast and play the original Sonic Adventure games. Those two games were the first Sonic games I've ever played. Even though Sonic 3 & Knuckles is my favorite Sonic game (not to mention my favorite game in general) the Adventure series will always hold a special place inside my heart.

• Brohoof 1

All the time, its why I have a Retron console :)

Uses the original cartridges, and controllers for the consoles that they were on :)

The new Retron 5 should be out soon too.. can't wait! SNES, NES, GBA, GBC, and Sega Genesis all in one! With HDMI connection for modern TV's!

For PC's.. Good Old Games is keeping me fed, that and the back log that have appeared on the iPad.. I can now take Zork with me anywhere! woo hoo! :)

Old school adventure Games  > New school adventure games

the new one just aren't funny.. the 3D ruins it :( animations are too stiff, not silly, and the limitations... bah.. gimme back some good old Sam'n'Max Hit the Road!

heh.. car bomb.. good mini game.. spent more time in that than I did playing the main game at times!

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 2

I certainly get these waves of nostalgia playing old games from my younger days, Pokemon Blue especially.

I remember the times where everything in that game was so cryptic. There were sites spreading roumers about secret locations ("behind Bill's house"), secret items ("the mist stone"), unverified glitches ("Mew's under the truck" or "talk to mr psychic 50 times with the legendary birds and 3 geodudes") and pokemon existing outside the regular 150 (Houhou, Togepi, Pikablu, Charcolt, Rainer...)

It all seemed so plausible because of the existence of MissingNo and glitch city, things that shouldn't have naturally existed in the game world, but did. Now, the mystery behind it all has been unraveled. Kind of makes me want to create a game with tons of difficult to achieve fun easter eggs to recapture that feel... :P

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 3

I get nostalgic when I play any of the Pajama Sam games. I loved those games as a child, and they're actually still pretty fun today. I also get nostalgic whenever I play Star Wars: Battlefront II, as I would always play that game whenever I went to a friend's house.

• Brohoof 3

I get nostalgic when I play Goldeneye 007 or Perfect Dark.  So many good times were had kicking the asses of my siblings.

Wait is the 007 for the n64?

Because I think this is a game I always played with my old friend when I lived with right next to him in an appartment xD.

He was one floor down lolz

• Brohoof 1

Wait is the 007 for the n64?

Because I think this is a game I always played with my old friend when I lived with right next to him in an appartment xD.

He was one floor down lolz

Yeah it was, but I haven't played it in a few years, ever since I got rid of my N64  :( .  I would totally buy another one just to play that game again.  

• Brohoof 1

Yeah it was, but I haven't played it in a few years, ever since I got rid of my N64  :( .  I would totally buy another one just to play that game again.

Since I most likely wouldn't be able to get my hands back on one... I would EMU it... But nothing is as good as the real thing :(.

Me and my friend always went 1v1 but we didn't kill eachother xD. Well sometimes we did rounds. But mostly just playing around with the weapons and stacking mines OUTWARDS from the wall xD. Hilarious how you could do that in that game xD

Mmm sort of. I've recently been playing Super Mario Kart (the first of its series) bouncing around the small tracks, finishing a race in just over a minute. Makes me want to shrink back to age 5 where life was simple and I had less to worry about.

• Brohoof 1

I got the original PlayStation for Christmas (Think '95) and the only game i had was a demo disc. I played the crap out of the Tony Hawk demo and the demo only had one song from a ska band. Anytime i hear Ska music or people talk about tony Hawk games it reminds me of those times, even thought that was the only Tony Hawk game i ever played. 

• Brohoof 2

Oh yes you can bet yourself I do. Many games on the N64 and ps1 do it for me.

Pop in pokemon red or blue in and ill die happy in my own nostalgia... :3 such such great memories with that game and also gold/silver

I got the original PlayStation for Christmas (Think '95) and the only game i had was a demo disc. I played the crap out of the Tony Hawk demo and the demo only had one song from a ska band. Anytime i hear Ska music or people talk about tony Hawk games it reminds me of those times, even thought that was the only Tony Hawk game i ever played.

Oh heck yeah ska and tony hawk on the ps1 :3. Also Rancid my favorite bands ska skate punk rock

• Brohoof 2

Yea, I get nostalgic pretty much anytime I play halo 2, the game that WAS my childhood. Still have some issues even playing it though, as it was the last game I played with my group of highschool friends before we all moved apart, and Nelson died. :/

• Brohoof 1

I never really played games as a child, but I have very fond memories of watching my mom play Banjo-Kazooie and Galaga from when I was, like, five. I thought it was really funny how she would get lost in the different worlds, get frustrated, and then start playing Galaga because it was "easier, since you only move left and right".

• Brohoof 1