Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your time in school like good bad or great or whatever?

DragonKing235

What was your time in school like mine was good now how about you peeps. well first school sucked my second school was better and my last school witch was high school was my best school ever mayed lots of great friends and we are still friends to this day.

Edited by DragonKing235

I'm still in school, and it depends on what is going on how I feel about it. I'm in 8th grade, and all my teachers like me. Heck, a friend of my mom lives next to my math teacher, and she says that my teacher talks about me a lot. Freaky.

Anyways, it's usually fine, but it can be a pain sometimes. I'm at the top of my class, and that helps.

• Brohoof 1

Elementary: Fun

Junior High: Awful. I was a target for a**holes to make fun of.

High School: Horrid yet fantastic. I missed 2 months of school to avoid bullying. I was sent to the psychiatric unit for a month for self-injury, isolation, and paranoia. But, I did have great friends and teachers to help me.

College: Good, but I haven't made any friends. It's only my 2nd semester there.

Elementary - Don't remember much of it, I broke my arm or something.

Middle - Good, this is where I found what I love to do everyday, make music.

High - Great, first girlfriend, first time gigging, first time dealing with bullies, first job, first time partying, the cacoon shedding his skin kinda deal.  Tons of cool stuff. 

University -  I'd say it was the most serious time of my life.  I went for a music diploma majoring in performance.  My love turned into something I hated for a while, it was incredibly hard work, challenging, and stressful.  I rarely went out to have a good time, I basically practiced all day, studied theory and ear training, and performed at venues for 2 years straight.  It was the most valuable time for my skills as a musician, and my career, but it was the least fun. 

Edited by Deesinn
  • Brohoof 1

High School I enjoyed. Looking back now I wish I could have done a lot of things differently, but the past is the past. I was bullied like any normal person. I mean let's be real, If you didn't get bullied in high school then you really don't know what high school is. I was not bullied nearly as bad as some people have been or even claim to be, but nonetheless it was a life experience I appreciate.

So far college has been fun. Everyone is there to learn and the ones who aren't everyone just exiles them so they don't become a bother. I've met a lot of like minded individuals and people who are smarter than me, which is always refreshing.

• Brohoof 2

Elementary: I realized what "life" was and how it isn't just a bucket of rainbows like how the cartoons portray it. I was bullied constantly.

Middle school: People bullied me all three years. They called me emo but they didn't even know me. The teachers were clueless and sucked.

High school: I'm in it right now. It is so boring I feel like I'm going to die when I step off the school bus. Nobody bullies you, but nobody talks to you. People treat me like garbage! From the "**** you!"s to the slamming doors in my face, people couldn't care less about you. There's a few nice people, but I mean, this is coming from a FRESHMEN. People are racist on my school bus and when somebody says something stupid others laugh but when I say something stupid people respond "What's wrong with you!?" My school days feel so repetitive that it is hard to tell the difference between what I did 2 days ago and what I did today. This whole week just felt like I did a day of school and then someone rewound time 4 times. The homework is just busy work and the teachers suck. To top it off, I already know what I want to be when I grow up but I still have 4 years until I'm an adult. The school doesn't allow for fun, talking, or laughing. I'm in all Pre-ap, and an AP class. They want a military camp. I just want it to all be over. I'm seriously thinking about being homeschooled. I just want to go to college and start a career.

College: The reason why I have doubts about going to college is my dad QUIT college, and he is currently the CIO (the information boss) at his work. Steve Jobs too, he never went to college and look how successful he was!

My life just feels really unfair, like I just sat down into a rollercoaster and nobody let me out. They just left me there, riding the rollercoaster OVER and OVER and OVER.

One day I will show society just how much of a scam school is. It isn't "learning", it is being retaught the same things OVER and OVER until you graduate. School really feels like a prison to me, and I'm sure it does for other highschoolers too. I just wish something EXCITING would happen for once.

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 4

*sees how others are responding*

Elementary was easy and fun I guess. I moved several times between kindergarten and 3rd grade, so I was a little all over the place..wasn't the easiest trying to make friends.

Middle school was a bit uncomfortable since it wasn't a very nice school. I was a softy and was walked all over..moving on..

High school was probably the best, thanks to marching band (most of the friends I made were in band), not to mention we spent a lot of time together at rehearsals and games and trips, etc. And a bunch of others stuff. Sure it was a bit more challenging with classes, but it was all worth it.

College...can't say yet!

• Brohoof 1

High school: I'm in it right now. It is so boring I feel like I'm going to die when I step off the school bus. Nobody bullies you, but nobody talks to you. 

Oh dear gawd I know that feel. and I have 6 months till I leave high school for college. 

Edited by Georgeson
  • Brohoof 2

Eh, not that great, elementary was probably the best out of my whole school experience, but when you are a quiet guy who struggles with certain subjects, school isn't that great.

So for me personally, not the best experience.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure.. Booted from 4 for being passive aggressive, 1 for good behavior (lol), but at the same time I also bit at least 2 teachers (in self defense fyi. I wasn't harming anyone, they attacked me.. I bit them...) and headbutted a principal and 2 counselors that tried to "restrain" me.

Can't break it down as easily as others since my classes were pretty much all in one.. there wasn't really a defined "Elementary, middle, high" for me..

I'm not scared to admit it TBH overall I did have fun..

in the end I was put in these pathetic excuses for a class "special ed" things.. so much fun to be had.. I don't know what people outside think of the inside there, but when your in an "alternative" spec ed class... its fun..

In the earlier years (Grades 3-6, I wasn't actually placed until about 5th) we had a corner still chock full of fun things to toy with (including a mass pile of half gallon milk cartons to use as building blocks, and boxes) and later on (7-12) 2 computers (I so hacked the crap outta these things.. the IT person for the school had to completely format them when I left.. heh), free run most of the time, and a couch.

And all because I was a nonconforming individual who preferred accuracy over Political correctness, and found excessive pointlessness in some classes :P

I also preferred to find alternative, easier, methods to answering questions and equations. But because the teachers have to teach based around a set test method.. my answers, despite correct, were wrong simply based on the fact the "work was incorrect"

My grades were actually pretty high, but I was borderline failing all due to "lack of participation" as well as the above..... I literally slept my whole 11th grade year away, and got told to go back to sleep when I would wake up and correct the teacher, whom would oft be teaching things INCORRECTLY....

ugh...

Coccyx

coc·cyx

käksiks

cock-syx

not 

Coke six..... gah... got a week detention because I refused to use the teachers "PC" term for it because "cock is a bad word mmmkay".... bah..... I had fun, but I still hated school :P

I regret nothing. I'm far better off than most of the "normal" kids I graduated with :P

And I got to have a relaxed ride through school, still get my diploma, and most importantly.. be ME...

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

Elementary: it was decent when you are a kid making friends and having fun was always great and simple. Nowdays trying to make friends is really hard. 

Middle School: Not an enjoyable time a lot of my child hood in those times I do not like remembering nor looking back on. 

High School: The only year I enjoyed was my Senior year, I became very close friends with a lot of people within' my small class. A lot of them i still talk to today amazingly. Overall my high school years was hell for me bunch of bullshit I would never to go through again if given the opportunity for numerous reasons I could state but then this post would be unnecessarily long.

College: I actually really enjoy it, very calm, noone gets in your business no bullying. You are virtually just another person in the thousands that attend so your like an average joe. I like that and the amount of people I have met are very pleasurable. I used to have a group about a year and a half ago in the last college I went to. We always went out to have coffee and talk about stuff, miss them guys. But I am so glad to be out of high school.... 

• Brohoof 1

Elementary: 1-4 years were good. 5-6 I started getting bullied and made fun of. I learned things I shouldn't have. Those were bad years.

Middle School: Awful. Absolutely awful all the way through.

High School: I've kind of closed up and don't particularly act like myself so I can't really say if it's great or not. I've made positive changes but I haven't been able to act like myself. I feel a bit locked inside at school.

And I'm not in college yet,

Edited by FeIix
  • Brohoof 1

Elementary: Fun! But I was one that got bullied too.

Middle: Not as bad though I went to 4 different schools. Was at one for 5th and half of 6th. Went to another for the other half, then had to go to a different one since that school ended at 6th. Then went to another school for 8th in a different town close to where my dad worked so I can go to his work after school which was awesome!

High School: a drag... Always hung with the outcasts since they accepted me for who I was as a person and understood how I felt. Before I qualified for free lunch, I would rather bring my lunch or scavenge the cafeteria. Missed graduation because I failed a required class because the teacher can't teach yet I had enough credits. So I went to another state and graduated from there. Passed mainly due to the fact I was in special ed for that one class...

College: can barely afford a roof over my head let alone further my education.

• Brohoof 1

The kids were racist, sexist, pretty much every kind of -ist of you can think of, and bashed me for liking donkeys. And they were stupid as dirt.

The rest of that country is exactly the same :/

I agree with you there. The only ones that aren't as bad are those in small cities and towns.

Elementary School: Fun!

Middle School/Junior High: Irritating, we were all going through puberty, what do you expect?

High School: The time of my life! I love high school, and have absolutely no complaints about it, except for a few of my classes. But socially, I wouldn't change a thing!

College: Could be good or bad, depending on if I go to a regular college or have to go to the Naval Academy. 

• Brohoof 1

Elementary - Middle: 3 days into kindergarten I was nearly killed after being pushed down a flight of stairs by a racist kid. That school was beyond abysmal. Boys and Girls had different recesses, it was crowded and nasty, and I cried after school everyday. Thankfully a week into the school year I was taken out and did Homeschool for the rest of my kindergarten year.

Then I went to a different school from 1st-8th grade. Overall I would say it was a good experience. I had some of the best times of my life and some of the worst.

High school is terrible and boring so far but I don't have much left to go so at least I have that going for me.

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 1

Elementary - Meh.

Middle - 6th was downright terrible for me, 7th was amazing, and I didn't last in 8th grade since during the middle of the schoolyear I switched to online schooling. 

I'm currently in the 9th grade, with online schooling, and I do like it since I don't have to put up with a slow pace or other people who treat me like shit. 

• Brohoof 1

man I did not think that this topic that I mayed would get this much people on it i'm sorry to here about your bad times in school I had those two so i know how you all feel there are a lot of mean people in school and outside of school but hay attest some of you had some good times in school think about them not about the bad you well be more happier that way and for the peeps that are still in school never give up never back down and always keep your head up you well make it.