Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your time in school like good bad or great or whatever?

DragonKing235

Elementary school: Great for the most part, even though I can't remember any of it.

Middle school: Probably the only period of school in which I was bullied.

High school: Pretty good. I find it very boring though. I'm glad on my last year. 

1st and 2nd grade in mexico was fun, i was born on florida and lived whit my parents till almost 7 which and main language was english, so my first 2 years in school was fun cause i learn a new language and made a lot of friends, then i stop school due to me becoming a musician, and when i came back to the US when i was 12 i had to enroll due to the "law" and started at 5th grade which was crappy as hell >.>

after that went back to mexico and 2 years later come back again then 7th grade jump, in this grade was fun cause i did nothing but fight bullies from 8th and 9th grade in our middle school in the 7 months i was enroll got 2 ribs broken, 2 concussions, a broken nose, temporary earing loss and many many scars, but they didn't get unscathed either xD 

After that i gave up on school, it wasn't my thing never learn anything i couldn't learn from self experience, in the end i make more money than any of my "colleagues" that actually went to university and all that xD

Overall Meh, 1 good year which i didn't learn anything but fight henceforth my sigi, i hate bullying and ill fight it till the end.

• Brohoof 1

1-7th grade: Everyone hated me with a burning passion. I hope to never see this place again (at least not see it in some years), it was the definition of hell. I learned there that this town sucks. Though I also learned that there is always some good, even in the worst places of the earth.

8-9th grade: Half the people hate me.

10th grade/now: Almost everyone hates me. xD

School has always been so-so for me.

Though, I can pretty much sum up Middle School with this video.

• Brohoof 2

My school experience can be separated into several sections. These sections represent when I moved schools. So, let's get this block of text moving!...

• Jr Kindergarten -> grade 2: Meh, didn't get taught much...
  • Grade 3 -> Grade 4: The math was a fight, but it was alright.
  • Grade 5 -> Grade 9: The golden years. I knew pretty much everyone in the school.
  • Grade 10 -> Grade 12: Worst time period of my life.
  • College: Not as good as grade 5 -> grade 9, but it's a heck of a lot better than the high school years.

Don't believe the lie that high school will be the best years of your life. There will be many greater moments that you will certainly cherish later.

Edited by Celtore

Well I was bullied and moved school, then I was bullied some more. But then the bullying stopped and I began failing in everything, yes I mean everything I'm not even exaggerating. Now I left school early because I was becoming suicidal and now I am at home all the time.

Well, you asked what is was like, and I was honest. *shrugs* 

Elementary- Got bullied so nope.

Middle School- WE DO NOT SPEAK OF MIDDLE SCHOOL IN THIS HOUSE HOLD!

High School (so far)- Decent.

So yeah.

Elementary School - I don't remember it that well, but I think it went pretty good.

Middle School - Really boring for me... at least I didn't get bullied.

High School - Tons of homework. Other than that, I'm really enjoying it! I have some great teachers this year, and I made some new friends in my first year of High School as well. I'm on my school's swim team too, and it's lots of fun.

College - Not there yet, heh.

Elementary School - It was alright I suppose. I didn't really have that many friends. I was quite crazy and loud. I was also extremely oblivious to my own reality. I was innocent, and I'd say that's one of the few things made my childhood decent.

Middle School - Horrible. My life was falling apart. I even wanted to switch to homeschooling at one point because I did not handle the rough transition all too well. I've gone through a lot of betrayal, met a lot of jerks, had a lot of my once thought to be friends turn against me. What's worse is that I struggled greatly academically. I had to go through summer school for almost all my years there. It was horrible. 

High School - This was a crazy period of change for me. I was already negatively affected by my prior experiences from middle school and my Freshman year started out horribly. You see, I was rather slow to mature and grow up so keeping up with the reality of the ever-changing society, culture, and world around me was painfully difficult. I was just lost. That's the best way I could put it. Lost. This went on through my Freshman and part of my Sophomore. For the first few months of my Sophomore year I was in homeschooling. I was finally pushed to the edge from all the drama and loss I went through in my freshman year at the public High School that I couldn't take another year of going through that again. I wanted to stay in confinement. I wanted to be left alone. I wanted peace for once. And so I went through the first month quite smoothly. Unfortunately not even that worked out quite well. My parents weren't really good teachers/guides for me and I was beginning to develop habits of procrastination, laziness, and I greatly lacked motivation. And I even lost some more friends, got my heart broken a couple times, and I felt dead inside.. I was once again lost... and alone. 

I eventually came to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and I broke down. My parents saw and I told them everything that was wrong. I felt so alone, so lost(in heart, spirit, and mind), and so unwanted. My parents finally decided to send me to a nearby private school. My family are a lower middle class family economically but still were willing to pay for all this, for me, which was amazing. The second half of my sophomore year when I first got enrolled at the private school, I was still quite lost. But what was new to me, what felt nice was the welcoming atmosphere I felt. Never before have I sense such positive auras, friendliness, and for the first time ever I felt my heart began to grow. But still, my heart felt weak from all that it's been through.

There were still some great struggles that I went through that continue to affect me to this day(only subtly now, thank goodness), but in the process I was finally growing and learning. I was under the guidance of the greatest teachers I could have ever asked for. I learned, I grew, and I gained a few friends. True friends. Yeah I went through a ton of loss but I went through even more wonderful change; emotionally and spiritually.

Discovering this fandom last summer has added greatly to my overall experience - for reasons I can make a novel out of - and looking at where I am now, I realize just how much I've been through in life and how far I've triumphed. I'm in a great place right now. I have a clear understanding of the reality all around me, I now have three amazing friends in real life, some amazing friends on here, a girlfriend that I am more than blessed to have in my life. Life is good at this point and though I still struggle and still go through all the pain and trials, I know that I am more than strong enough to overcome it all. :)

College - Haven't experienced it yet but I just know it's going to be one hell of a ride. ;)

Elementary School: I was the smartest guy on the school,so what do you think? :P

Middle School/Junior High: Agggh!!!Passing through puberty was one of the worst situations of my life :angry:

High School:Well,things started to go better(i had like 4 girlfriends,but the fifth was the winner,i'm still with her),i could repeat that time of my life -_-

Edited by Lightwing19

Elementary School: A very fun experience I wish I could go back to, I'll have to be grateful that I'm still excelling in school. I miss the good old days! I got along with everyone there including the teachers, the classes were easy though.

Middle School: Frustrating and it was like I was in hell but in a school. You're probably wondering why I'm exaggerating out of proportion here's why, it's because the teachers didn't teach us anything that we already knew. The students were not disciplined even when they did something that were not supposed to, the hallways were always crowded, getting to class was a pain, and some of my teachers were very sub par. Not an experience that I would want to remember.

High School: So far it's pretty exhausting, I'm still trying to get used to being in 11th grade at this rate I'm doing good so far but I've learned that it's hard to find joy in something that you had to deal with in the past. Still, it could be worse.

I do always have a story to tell, some would find it surprising that school got gradually worse for me till I entered Highschool and for most thats usually the worst! But anyways:

- In Kindergarden I lost my first tooth to a bully... I was going down some stairs anxious to get to the playground, I was 6yrs old... and one of the boys of my classroom, who picked on me before because of my speech impediment I had at the time and hearing issues, came up behind me, shoved me really hard down the stairs, and I bashed loose my front tooth on the stair rail... I won't forget it because thats when I found out my teeth could fall out and I was scared and there was blood and... ya lol. Needless to say, being picked on by a bully at that age was tough

- Elementary School was evil girls and friends. I would try to make friends but they all enjoyed taking advantage of me alot, not to mention some girls would get jealous of who I hang with as a friend, and they'd spread lies about me so that my friends would stop hanging out with me. It was one of those times where I learned how "gossip" gets you into alot of trouble.

- Middle School, was the dawn of the bullies offically. Every day I was picked on between periods, and threaten to be beaten up after school by a gang of boys and their ring leader...I was a big girl and I liked to draw monsters, sue me, but they thought it was enough to pick on me. So every day for the next few years of that course of school... I'd hide behind walls and corners or the girl's bathroom to avoid that group of boys all the time.

- High School, finally got my break because by then I've been through so much I stopped caring what people thought of me or threaten to do to me, because I would laugh and say "go ahead and try, can't do more to me then what i've already been through". Family problems etc converted me into a person who saw the big picture. School was my job, I was here to do it, not make friends, and if any one tried to mess with me they can talk to the police because I didn't give a flip if they called me a coward or not, far as I was concerned, I was an adult, trying to get by in school and I've put up with worse. So High School was actually good for me, didn't have any major issues.

- College was just a blast, I enjoyed my classes, got to meet new people, was accepted for who I was and admired by teachers and my classmates as a whole for my accomplishments.

So to say that my school time was horrible, it was for the first major half, but I learned from it and became a better person.

Edited by Lightning Bliss

Here goes another long post that few - if any - will ever read. (Don't worry, I don't feel bad about nobody reading it! I'm a rather long-winded and depressing individual when it comes to things like this. Truth is that I make posts like this more for me... lol)

I don't remember much of elementary school at all, to be honest. However, I do know that it was there that I began to feel like I wasn't like the rest... That I was inadequate.

I didn't care for middle school. I was picked on all of the time in middle school... I remember it being a practically every-day thing. I couldn't yet placate the fact that I felt different from everybody else yet (above, I was meaning I was beginning to get the idea), but they could. Nevertheless, I was an optimistic individual at the time. I was very competitive in band, and was succeeding in high places in chair tests and everything. So there's that... Compared to what I've dealt with post-high school I can not call my middle school years a "bad" time, but they certainly weren't too fun.

In high school, the direct bullying vanished almost completely... But then it turned into drama. Fake friends, backstabbing, and all of that fun stuff... I was quite devastated by this, because even though I was picked on a lot in middle school, I found a group of friends that I thought I felt right in. It did not last maybe even one month in high school.

The feeling of inadequacy perhaps reached its height in high school, as well. I'll just say that a lot of band things didn't go my way.

The combination of the two brought out a real drama queen side in me, and it was not pretty (not just to kids I knew, but to teachers...). I did and said a lot of things I regret. And I spent the majority of high school beating myself up, whining and not actually trying to better myself or my music skills.

Although I do not too much regret the cynical views I found that told me to never trust people, because that one has always rang true in the end for me.

Regardless, looking at high school from the outside, it really was much, much better than what was to follow. If this was me from high school, I'd probably tell you that it was the worst time of my life. However, that's not true... My senior year was a great year, and really the height of my life. I just couldn't realize it at the time.

College would be completely different. The best word to describe my entire college experience is "bittersweet". It wasn't long into college that I had a pretty much completely different life. I was still somewhat immature, but my mindsets changed rapidly to where they are today.

But I've liked pretty much everything about college. I just haven't liked what has happened with my life. That's where the vast majority of the bittersweetness comes from. If I could have my maturity, hope/peace of mind, health/lack of medical issues, and college life all in one place, it would be paradise. But that was never to be.

tl;dr version: Pre-college was the best time of my life that I'd give anything to go back to... Even though certain aspects of school were seemingly miserable... They were easily bearable.

Edited by Envy

Well I guess I can elaborate a little bit.

Elementary: It was probably the best of the 3, but it was still terrible.

Middle school: Very bad

High school: from very bad to worse.

Overall: it was Hell. glad I'm gone.

College: I'm having the time of my life here! Things I wasn't able to do in high school! It's amazing!

People hated my guts, some people tried to kill me, and I was getting into fights constantly and always a loner.

So yeah all in all school was awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Well, not bad I guess.

In the early years, the kids were playing pushing me, and even throwing sand in my eyes. I then developped a borderline personality disorder because the kids were walking over me all the time. But I was a first in class, and made some friends near the end.

When I got in High school, it was a fresh start. The morons who were bullying me were still trying, but my friends stood for me. They then proceeded regrouping in huge groups of 30 and throwing objects at me (snowballs, rocks, even fruits). I destroyed them in every ways possible. Now I'm not bullied anymore and I can concentrate on my studies, finally.

Quite harsh, but unlike who bullied me, I'm still at school...

elementary school: was a teachers pet. it was okay

middle school: was a social reject. it was pretty bad. cause pre-teens are the worst creatures on earth (i would know, i was one)

high school: was very busy in general, mostly with band, extra-difficult school courses, and other extracurricular activities. it was great though. i miss band.

college: is still kinda busy, but more lonely and now I feel insecure about my future. i don't feel like an adult, or like i'm ready to go be one. its decent though.

Edited by crazitaco

I can say that my Senior year of high school was awesome! Lots of parties, a lot less drama than previous years, we all hung out a lot and it was great! My earlier years of high school were kinda...meh..

• Brohoof 1

My school experience has been satisfactory overall. I have had a small number of negative encounters with others, particularly in high school, but those have been few and far between. Any negative experiences are outweighed by positive experiences. 

So far, high school has been my favorite due to the amount of freedom we have in comparison to elementary and junior high, in addition to the fact that I can finally learn about more advanced subjects in a formal environment that I have been interested in for awhile. 

However, from what I have heard college is generally much better than high school. I'm looking forward to it greatly. I'm currently in 11th grade, so I don't have a whole lot of high school left.

• Brohoof 1