Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your time in school like good bad or great or whatever?

DragonKing235

Ok my experiences were mixed. Primary school was ok I guess even though I didn't have too many friends but I got through ok.

High school which I am in now is pretty bad. I do have some friends but for the first few years I got teased over some stuff I said on facebook at the start of year 8 and regretted instantly and they haven't stopped since. They also teased me about other things as we'll. Year 9 was even worse as they started calling me more names and trying to get me into trouble. I eventually told my mum halfway through the year who contacted the school and they got in trouble as I was getting really depressed and came most days feeling suicidal and sometimes in tears. Now I have some good friends who are bronies and some who aren't but they don't care that i like MLP. Sometimes I do feel like I am ignored but it isn't as bad as I am mainly a shy quiet person except when I get angry as one guy who is sort of my friend stole my laptop and other stuff so I grabbed him and slammed his face into a wall. He stopped after that. At least I found this forum where I can talk to people and not feel like I am being judged as I don't really want to talk to my family about it. Thanks for reading everypony

The last time I actually went to school (I do everything at home now), it was in 1st Grade. Long story short, my teacher was verbally abusive, and the other kids sometimes picked on me (which of course the teacher did nothing about). So yeah...I don't normally swear, but that year was Hell -_-

I went to the same school district since I was in Kindergarden. Honestly, our whole schooling district was and still is awful. No, I dont think its awful, because I HATED school, its awful in SO MANY WAYS.

Our school lunches were shitty, fake, frozen, and deep fried and SO unhealthy, and yet our school tries to go "healthy" because of obesity. Well then...GET REAL FOOD. I been told, ordering frozen foods is WAY more expensive than real food. No wonder why our school is so broke >_< doesnt help that our school lunch ladies were ALSO out bus drivers, which caused us to NEVER have 2 hour delays and them lunch ladies never had enough time to make enough food. They would ALWAYS run out. And their cooking was awful.

Our school district DID need to rebuild a new middle school, for the old building was like..built in the 40s or something, so was REALLY OLD. They spent tons of money rebuilding a new middle school, which was fine and all, but what really is STUPID, was that they re-did the High school, which was a WASTE of money, for the High school was only built in the 80s...had air conditioning and everything, DID NOT NEED RE-DONE! Omgsh, so our school is so poor now....thanks to that waste of money

They got rid of GOOD classes I wanted to take.

Everyone there was assholes, started drama, and it spreaded fast because its a small school. small town, everyone knows everyone, bla bla bla

Certain teachers I hated. The rules were dumb. It was so strict. Our superintendent is a pinhead,,,yeah......so much.

I am one of the lucky people I think( went to special Ed school my whole life) so I don't even remember getting bullied at All in school. All I can really remember is having a good time and making a lot of friends. Can't say too much about college since I graduated high school when I was 21 and never went to college.

• 2 months later...

School for me was hell. Between people stealing my coats in elementary school and getting physically abused every school day after school elementary and middle school. I was originally good at school and became too good and I started to dumb down a bit to make people like me and stop bullying me for being smart, and when that didn't work I kinda became like Naruto

(edited)

Primary school was epic: had lots of friends and big adventures tons of fun.

Secondary was just friggin’ fun, I used to mess about and smoke and hang out with my ex BFF, sad how that friendship became in the end but ah well.

College

(As in not college what Americans call College but college as in Education after school but before University)

First year: I started out at a different college to second and third year: I had some friends but I don’t think I was really happy. Looking back, I remember having some nice times tbh, and I don’t remember why I hated it.

Second and third year: I was doing a different course at a different college with diffrent people, and I enjoyed it very much. I remember hanging out with some guys at the park on the swings and I felt like I was accepted and like I wasn’t just a weirdo.

Edited by Asherdangerdash

Primary was fun and games, as much as I can remember it. I had fun in middle and high schools as well but I was apathetic so my grades began to suffer and degrade. Currently not in collage, I took a year off.

The only school that half-way matters to your professional and emotional well-being as an adult happens after high school.

High school doesn't matter even the tiniest bit to anybody, ever. It's a cruel joke played on teens by adults who hate them.

Like probably a lot of people here, I was bullied all through a lot of 1-12 school. Pretty much at the time, I had the knowledge that people were more adult at college, and that you'd meet nicer people, make lasting relationships.

I was still a bit of a shut-in for most of my college years. I didn't go out much, didn't participate in events, didn't make a heavy effort of trying to get to know people, or anything. It was only in the last year of college that I decided I needed to make a change for myself. I started going to events, I asked girls out on dates, I participated in various acting opportunities, I tried doing more things with people, inviting everyone to gatherings, and was generally a much, much more active, much more social and outgoing person.

That last year, was far and away, the WORST year of any of my school years.

At least when you're a shut-in, you know that you're not making friends for a reason. And, you're not giving any significant effort; straining yourself futilely to accomplish something. But if you can imagine the pain of working so hard for something, against everything that's natural for you, and that when all is said and done, having nothing to show for it - not even positive experience - that's painful. Really painful. I ended up not going to my graduation ceremony because I knew, when I went up to the podium to take my diploma, the only people in that entire school who would wave to me would be my own parents.

I understand that in theoretical concept, school is supposed to be a positive time for some people. It never was for me - not once.

• Brohoof 2

Elementary and Jr, High sucked; I was bullied quite a bit (I'm grateful for it, it made me a better person, but it still sucked at the time.

High school was better. Big school = empty spaces, so I was able to avoid human contact. I enjoyed my classes.

University is okay. I was pressured into studying something I have no interest in studying, which sucks, but for the most part it's okay. People are busy with their own lives, so I can fly under the radar

Elementary school had it's goods and bads. I got made fun of a lot, but I always had fun because I was little and gave no fucks

Middle school was the worst time of my life. I got made fun of mercilessly to the point that I didn't ever want to go to school. I only have one friend and when I tried to make new ones, it backfired

High school was okay. The work was harder and more serious, but it wasn't all that bad

• Brohoof 1

School was horrible to me. I just can't work in groups and it seems that all my teachers had the hots for making students group on their own to do works that would have been better to do each one for himself. Not to mention that I wanted to stay inside during recess and read something rather than "participating in healthy group activities" that usually involved me getting bullied because my father is military, I'm fat, I don't like soccer, I'm new (we moved a lot) or simply because the local bully wanted to have fun.

And then there was high-school, where I had perfected the art of not giving a damn about what people thought of me and constantly got into trouble because I started giving back when people got in my nerves. Then I learned that bullies hunt in packs and lost most support I had because I got paranoid that people were making fun of me the whole time.

Finally I got to university and it didn't get much better. At least I had learned how to deal with people and managed to stay invisible most of the time. When i got to the internship period in which I had to work in groups I just kept to myself and did my part avoiding stepping in other people's toes. Finally I found ponies and everything got more bearable because I could just do my thing and them shut the outside world with a nice song about smiling, an episode, a review of some episode, a nice fanfic...

School was one of the worst experiences of my life. I'm naturally introverted but I wouldn't be nearly as much of a loner if it weren't for my experiences with other during that part of my life. I was bullied all the time for everything from the length of my hair (I like having longer hair), the television shows I watched, to my sexuality. I was bullied for being gay, despite being completely straight. I like girls, and only girls. The teachers were completely apathetic and wouldn't do anything no matter how many times I told them. The few times I tried to defend myself I got in trouble for it. Some of the teachers were bullies themselves.

Not to mention the actual classes were incredibly boring. English was too easy and moved too slow for my tastes, science required too much group work, math was very difficult for me and the teachers put in little to no effort to help me, art class required that you follow instructions too much, instead of letting you develop your own voice, and gym was a living hell for someone who hated being touched by strangers.

One of the worst things about it was how nobody listened to me. Anytime I tried to voice my concerns or mention a way in which the system could be improved I'd get the same tired response "That's just the way it is!" That is not an excuse. My parents didn't know what to do either. Neither of them had these kinds of problems, at least not to the extent I did. The only things I'm happy for is that school let me meet my best friend, and the few small things it did teach me. But dropping out and getting a GED was one of the best things I ever did.

I also really hate having a set schedule. I really like it when my life is a bit more sporadic.

High school has been pretty average for me.

I played JV baseball Freshman and Sophomore years, but I can't play anymore, doctor's orders. I usually make A's and B's, but I dip down into the occasional C when I get tired of doing work and shit. I'm in a couple of academic events, although our teams usually don't do that tubular. This year was no exception. First year I didn't make it to regionals in a writing event, actually.

Other than that, I'm not particularly talkative. I'd rather just fuck around on my phone or something and talk to a few people than just sit there and play the fiddle and be Mr. Wants-to-be-popular-so-I'm-going-to-act-super-kind-and-not-mean-it kinda guy. Eh. A friend's a friend. If someone's nice to me, I like them. Don't care if they play Varsity Baseball or Magic: The Gathering. As long as you don't suck, you're alright with me :D

So, yeahh :D 

• Brohoof 1