Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is that spool in ''Rarity takes Manehattan'' one of the keys to that box?

ScarfaceOne

Move this to Season 4 discussion if necessary.

Is that Rainbow coloured spool in ''Rarity Takes Manehattan'' One of the keys to that secret chest that requires six keys to be opened? It seems to me that it is. What is in that box? Giygas? The Dagger of Xian?

The shimmering rainbow light from the spool of thread could be one of the keys to the box, we might not know for sure if it is but maybe in the finale they will confirm if it is.

probably considering that it did shimmer, possibly meaning that it serves a later use. But considering that the belt thing at the fashion show also shimmering that might also have a relation. Now the belt was for the seats for the mane 6 (excluding Rarity of course) so it possibly resembled the fact that Rarity needed to find her friends and apologize. Now this "shimmer (heh sunset shimmer)" possibly represents rarity's element. Generosity. Considering that lost of things in mlp so far mainly speculated around the elements of harmony. Now this possibly proves that the other mane ponies might also get their "key" like Rarity did. In a situation that forces them to abandon their element in sake for something. If this is right then, well, that's all i've got. but yeah. The spool was probably a key 

There is a new Rainbow Power that has been put in the toys a lot these days and we have reasons to believe that it will be incorperated in the show - mainly because there are actual non-stock images of them as rainbow ponies and the toys are designed differently from some of the animated designs.

So I think the thread has more to do with that than the keys. But that is just my opinion... we will see where this carries us.

• 2 weeks later...

It could be a key, but Rarity's been confirmed to have 2 episodes this season, so don't go counting your chickens before they hatch ;)

You better count ya chickens before they hatch!!! Wierd Al.

• Brohoof 1

It could be a key, but Rarity's been confirmed to have 2 episodes this season, so don't go counting your chickens before they hatch ;)

Actually so does pinkie pie. And that is Pinkie apple pie. So there.

Every key so far has had a rainbow glow.

Every key was given to a mane character by another pony after they learned something about their own element.

In every key episode, the character who received a key, the character's eyes glowed rainbow.

Current key count:

Rarity: Spool of thread

Rainbow Dash: Medal

Pinkie Pie: Boneless the rubber chicken

Every key so far has had a rainbow glow.

Every key was given to a mane character by another pony after they learned something about their own element.

In every key episode, the character who received a key, the character's eyes glowed rainbow.

Current key count:

Rarity: Spool of thread

Rainbow Dash: Medal

Pinkie Pie: Boneless the rubber chicken

I argue against the "learned something about their element" part. It's more like they reaffirmed their friendships with the rest of the Mane Six.

I argue against the "learned something about their element" part. It's more like they reaffirmed their friendships with the rest of the Mane Six.

Rarity wasn't being very generous towards her friends in her episode.

Rainbow Dash wasn't being the most loyal in her episode.

Pinkie Pie realized that trying to beat out Cheese Sandwich wasn't all as fun as she thought it was.