Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Marvel & DC Comics Masterthread

DND

img-2206178-1-23k429w.png

img-2206178-2-1.jpg

Hello there, I'm a big nerd and stuff, so here we are...

To be honest, I was a little embarassed to make this since I didn't know how much of you actually like this stuff, so I made a thread... for funs and giggles. 

To @LatinoChurro for suggesting this topic awhile back. :3 

I wasn't super specific with the title for a reason, so post anything about DC and Marvel following the site rules. Okie dokie Loki?

• Brohoof 3

I do enjoy a lot of Marvel and DC comics, it is just so hard to pick just one company that can generate great quality in their comics. Especially, picking between the Killing Joke and the Amazing Spider-Man comics. :P

• Brohoof 1

You should call this 'The Marvel-ous Superhero Thread'. XD

And don't forget the best one of them all...

2w33p55.jpg

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

I know this is in the "books" section, but has anyone seen the new X-Men movie Days Of Future Past? I really enjoyed it and it got pretty interested in checking out the comics :3

• 2 months later...

Tbh, i prefer Marvel Comics over DC, b/c its too dark and gloomy, whereas Marvel comics, yes some parts maybe dark but they are adventurous.

yay comics! i'm starting the Deadpool series today and I hope to have plenty of laughs

XD..... I know one thing......Deadpool and Pinkie will make a great team since they both dont shut up.

Tbh, i prefer Marvel Comics over DC, b/c its too dark and gloomy, whereas Marvel comics, yes some parts maybe dark but they are adventurous.

XD..... I know one thing......Deadpool and Pinkie will make a great team since they both dont shut up.

of course the merc with the mouth never shuts up ;)

....Marvel and DC... Two of the most amazing comic companies i've ever known... But when it comes down to it? DC takes almost all of it for me. Because of one man.... or should I say alien. This man has been in my life since I was a child. He gave a lot of my moral values, and aspirations to be a better person. His strength and will to fight for justice wherever it may be, is admirable to me. He is man of great power.... A Superman.

Edited by Fantasma Phantasm
  • Brohoof 1

ooo a comic book thread, nice!

Well I have to admit I mostly own DC and Vertigo comics thanks to my early love for the super hero team "Teen titans" as well as Batman.

but I've recently started reading some Marvel, namely "all new xmen" and "Hawkeye" they're really excellent books! Despite being a bit of a DC fangirl I can't help but notice Marvel has seriously stepped up their game and are making the better comics right now. 

They've become a lot more experimental and seem to really want new readers to check out their comics (This years reboot of Ms Marvel is a good example of this) what they've been doing was "Superior spiderman" right now also sounds like a totally new direction...it's defiantly on my "to read" list

...though that being said despite the fact their are some really cool some comics floating around these days- In my personal opinion both Marvel and DC produce a hell of a lot of lame soap opera style comics with overly sexy art-  sadly these days I find myself turning more and more to less super hero themed comics. Maybe I'm the only one :unsure:

Edited by Flytee

I like both DC and Marvel but I find I like Marvel better. Deadpool is a great character, I know some don't like to agree, but he has his moments. I've read Avengers vs X-men and I found it to be a great series. It was interesting to see how that comic turned out. The last series I read was Blackest Night which I also found captivating. I don't know if anyone else here plays Heroclix, but I read those series because of that primarily.

• Brohoof 1

Sadly, Dc is remembered these days because OF THE GODDAMN BATMAN. That's why I like Marvel way more than DC. I'm not into the comic themselves, I mostly know stuff out of the other media adaptations. I love Marvel Avengers Alliance, my aim is to get all the characters, there are some not well known even, like Shatterstar, and they also make original adaptations of classic costumes, like the Horsemen of Apocalypse and the Worthy from Fear Itself (only Sin as Skadi is the only Worthy carried on from the comics, the others are original, like Luke Cage as Nul, Breaker of Worlds)

• Brohoof 2

While I was introduced to superheroes and comics due to the likes of DC, I've been a much bigger Marvel fan for over a decade now. I'm a Spider-Man loyalist, and I can defend (almost) anything that has Spidey in it, and I've read a good chunk of Spidey material. I'm currently waiting for the second part of Spider-Verse to come out, because it sounds like a rather badass event comic. :)

I'm a bigger Marvel guy simply because I find that DC's heroes have almost no character to them, whereas Marvel's heroes are actual characters. I can relate to the likes of Peter Parker because of his social life. I get that DC's heroes are supposed to be characters that you want to be, and Marvel's heroes are supposed to be people you can relate to, but I find the relatable heroes to be more interesting and engaging. 

• Brohoof 1

Marvel movies were alright, honestly, until The Amazing Spider-Man came along and planned on making a trilogy.

Not to mention that right after, Guardians of the Galaxy decided "hey, I'm badass! Let's go to it!" And they did it.

That gained my faith back in Marvel movies, 'cause I kinda went down after Avengers. It seemed like the last good Marvel movie.

Oh, and Star Lord rocks.

the_legendary_star_lord_1_variant_cover_

....Marvel and DC... Two of the most amazing comic companies i've ever known... But when it comes down to it? DC takes almost all of it for me. Because of one man.... or should I say alien. This man has been in my life since I was a child. He gave a lot of my moral values, and aspirations to be a better person. His strength and will to fight for justice wherever it may be, is admirable to me. He is man of great power.... A Superman.

Well, that was a great speech.

I have to agree, along Goku and Mortadelo(pretty unknown character sadly), Superman is my favourite childhood hero.

Also let's don't start a fight of Marvel VS DC, it has happened too many times already.

Deadpool is a great character, I know some don't like to agree, but he has his moments.

You have to be kidding, everyone loves Deadpool.

• Brohoof 1

You have to be kidding, everyone loves Deadpool.

I wish that was true, I know of a couple people who don't. One doesn't like the weirdness of his last few jaunts and another is such a hardcore DC fanboy that he thought Joker could easily beat Deadpool.

Now we all know that wouldn't happen

I wish that was true, I know of a couple people who don't. One doesn't like the weirdness of his last few jaunts and another is such a hardcore DC fanboy that he thought Joker could easily beat Deadpool.

Now we all know that wouldn't happen

Yeah, DC fans can't admit that Deadpool is infinitillion times more awesome than Batman.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-fan-art/27356246d1364925348-droidsbanes-non-tf-stuff-batman-deadpool.jpg

• 9 months later...

i'm big superheroes geek, More into marvel but do like Dc. Most Marvel characters are in my top 10 but top 2 will DC. Characters I like the most from both these two comic book companies are Superman, Batman, Union Jack, Captain Britain, The Punisher, Deadpool, The Flash, Spider Man and Hulk.

• Brohoof 1

Fan of both universes though I really don't buy comics from either these days. Watched a lot of the cartoons & played games from both franchises when I was a kid.  Batman TAS was the first cartoon I ever watched and it's just as great now as it was then. DC animated universe & movies take the cake over marvel's ones, but then marvel is surpassing DC in live action. 

The only comics I actively search for are the crossover events. Always cool to see how both sides would react & work together. I've got:
Daredevil_Batman_Vol_1_1.jpg
Xmen_titans.jpg
250px-DC_Versus_Marvel_1.jpg

And my favorite
JLA_Avengers_Vol_1_2.jpg

If any comic arc deserves to have it's own animated two parter, it's this. Well done fights, good displays of both universes, genuine moments where you truly feel for the characters, an overall epic feel and a giant D-Day style invasion of superheroes against the villain's stronghold.

Also there's this:

JLA_Avengers_Vol_1_4.jpg

And I've also got crossovers with other comic universes

250px-Spawn_Batman.jpg
hr_00.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I really want to get into reading comics, mainly Marvel, but I have no way of doing so :( There's no comic shop here and my grandma wouldn't let me buy them anyway -_-

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...

My reading doesn't begin and end with the big two, but I always find something to get.

Currently:

- Ultimate Spider-Man (2023 series): As with Spider-Girl (By Tom DeFalco) and The Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows, this is a series giving us Peter not being frozen in time and unmarried.  That said only following The Spectacular Spider-Men cause of Greg Weisman at the helm.

As well as show/movie based minis like X-Men '97, Superman '78 and Batman '89.

Recently got the now finished mini Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars Battleworld.  Set during the ending of the original Secret Wars and included Tom DeFalco as writer.

And getting The Batman and Scooby-Doo Mysteries which recently became an ongoing after two maxis.

As for why I looked for the thread, couldn't find a thread for The Flash and saw this brought up off forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/shittymoviedetails/comments/1ccoysz/the_flash_vanishes_today/

Also since the main point of this fandom is MLP, a couple of shout outs they made to Marvel and DC:

From My Little Pony Legends of Magic Issue 9 and 10 respectively:

mlp_reference_2__fastest_stallion_alive_busy_by_antiyonder_dg8kt7d-414w-2x.thumb.jpg.e4346e62d6e488ed9069c8eb589d508f.jpgmlp_reference_5__then_came_a_day_unlike_any_other__by_antiyonder_dgbno56-fullview.thumb.jpg.df31563234dc12e78680d1ddef5bf486.jpg