Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kids crawling all over $3,000,000 sculpture

lomk

Check this out

Be7B0JFCUAA_wcf.jpg

You know, we're all taught not to crawl all over the exhibits at museums. Well these parents let their kids crawl all over a sculpture worth $3,000,000. When confronted about it, they told the person that they obviously didn't understand anything about kids. My opinion? That's a load of bull. It's the parents who know nothing about kids.

This is how kids grow up to be criminals. You let them get away with everything and they carry that into adolescence and adulthood.

My God, these parents are the worst. Parents like this is why kids are so disrespectful nowadays. They have no appreciation for the value of a dollar. And for me, no, it's not a money thing. It's a respect thing. And it's about self restraint. 

IMO, these kids need to be spanked. This has me fuming right now.

Edited by Space Woona
  • Brohoof 9

This is rediculus.

These kids are being stupid. They're not being cute, funny, or "just being kids". That is just unacceptable.

The kids probably thought this would be so funny to do.

The parents said that the employees just didn't know anything about children? Wow.

You're all being disrespectful. Again, your kids aren't being cute, they are being annoying and idiots.

I really hope they got yelled at and thrown out of the museum.

• Brohoof 1

They're not being cute, funny, or "just being kids".

Exactly. Roughing around is one thing. But playing on museum exhibits? You know, if something on that broke, they're ruining the museum for everyone. Especially since this wouldn't be as easy or cheap to fix as a merry go round or something like that. 

wow if i had done that i would not have gotten three steps out the door before i wqas in heaps of trouble

If I ever even thought about something like this, a wooden spoon would have been making a swift journey toward my ass. 

That's just sad.

Parents need to learn to get their bratty little kids under control. Why the hell anyone would let their kids crawl on an expensive sculpture is beyond me, if they can't learn to keep their grubby little hands off the sculptures, they can get out. Sculptures are meant to be viewed, not toyed with. 

• Brohoof 1

exactly my point space, kids today are spoiled rotten and need a royal beating but thats apparently abuse now

I was abused as a child. Like, I was beaten pretty bad when I was younger. But spanking your kid is not abuse. That's discipline. Why is it a bad thing to discipline kids these days? So what if it hurts? I'd rather hurt my kid in the short run if it keeps him out of jail in the long run.

• Brohoof 2

That sculptures worth $3,000,0000? Seriously!? Its just these rectangles jutting out of the wall. But yes, still that behavior is unacceptable. You have to tell your kid not to do things like that. Or at least stop him/her and tell him/her its wrong when he/she does do it.

Aaaaaaand where's the sculpture? O_o

This. I asked myself this question all over again. I love how today it's enough to install a few shelves in the wall, call adequate art critic and be told that they're worth fortune.

Quite an easy way to get rich, when you think of that.

• Brohoof 4

This. I asked myself this question all over again. I love how today it's enough to install a few shelves in the wall, call adequate art critic and be told that they're worth fortune.

I only worry how the future generations will think of us for leaving them this shit...

@,

They'll think of us the same way we think of neoclassicism, baroque or renaissance: "Wow, these guys had passion for things. I am completely unable to understand that passion though..."

It's not like I know what 'atrocities' children did in these past times, after all :P

They'll think of us the same way we think of neoclassicism, baroque or renaissance: "Wow, these guys had passion for things. I am completely unable to understand that passion though..."

There's probably someone today who's name we don't know who'll be praised and famous 200 years from now, while this bullshit will only be a dark part of Earth's history which everypony would like to forget, just like nazism and fascism.

I personally don't think it's a very good sculpture myself. David was a good sculpture. Not this. But it's still in a museum and common sense would dictate that you still teach your kids not to crawl on the exhibits and you bust their asses if they do. Because even if you don't appreciate it, someone out there does. 

It does not matter how much a sculpture is worth or how it looks.

Even if it does look comfy to lay down on you do not sit, lay or even touch property that is not yours ESPECIALLY IF ITS WORTH MORE THAN YOU ARE!

Someone paid a lot of money to buy the work of art and was kind enough to allow people to see it with their own eyes, so show some god damn respect.

I know museums are supposed to be enjoyed...but not like that. Even if it's some rectangles in the wall that is unacceptable.

Edited by Guest

Quite an easy way to get rich, when you think of that.

In this situation, it really doesn't matter how much the sculpture costs or what it looks like.  It's common sense to not even lay a finger on art displays in museums and these parents seem to be lacking in said common sense.  That's the whole issue here.

I guess parents don't care if their kids are crawling over a sculpture or just messing around in it. Kids should really learn what not to do, and their parents need some help with their parenting.