Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's your favorite MLP analyst?

Blaze Bronson

My personal favorite is TheMysteriousMrEnter because I just enjoy his review style. I also enjoy his animated atrocities series. I'm don't really watch many others because I'm not terribly cinical about a kids show.

There is also his catch phrases like "What you're doing is bad, you know it's bad, but you're gonna do it anyway!" or, "Because potatoes."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

When it comes to episode reviews, I never go wrong with the MysteriousMrEnter. To me, he's perhaps as fair and balanced as they come on this sort of thing as well entertaining while doing so. Not to mention he reviews and critiques other shows as well these days as well, not just My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

As for general brony/pony analysis, that's usually when I turn towards DrWolf. While he's perhaps been around just a little longer than I have, he's actually made a bit of a name for himself in this fandom and I respect him for that. Love how he brings a calming, unique style to the whole analysis theme and touches upon topics that others really don't too often. I love him for that.

Lastly for a mix of the two above with a healthy splash of good placed and timed humor I'll have to go with Brawny Buck. His reviews are intelligent, straight to the point and have got me rolling around laughing my plot off a few times.

(edited)

Silver Quill, Dr. Wolf and Commander Firebrand (joshscorcher) are the only ones I'm subscribed to.

I like to watch Dr. Wolf for his AMWDW's, and his general MLP and fandom analysis. Silver Quill, though the most simple, yet easy for me to understand, is definitely the funniest. But my favourite of the 3 is probably Firebrand, who is probably the most detailed of the 3, and also the most expressive. I was even a huge fan of Firebrand before he started doing analysis, where he also makes gaming top-10's, and reviews of some of the earlier MLP episodes.

I'm also hoping to become an MLP analyst sometime in the near future, hopefully before season 5 starts.

Edited by Mars Caramel
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Probably Silver Quill and Voice of Reason.

I agree with both of them most of the time, and i just love Silver Quill's fun reviews.

Almost forgot Josh Scorcher.

Edited by Bradley

Kimi Sparkle! ^_^

I didn't like her the first time I watched her - I tend to take things seriously so it took me quite some time before I figured out her humor.

I just couldn't stop watching her videos though! XD

Dr. Wolf, Antony C, Digi, and Tommy Oliver, and Ink Rose. All of them bring something a little different, but I do watch more than those!

(edited)

Me of course! lol

I have to say Silver Quill, because he has good personality in his videos, plus his points are good.

Though I personally find DigiBrony and Bronycurious/Tommy Oliver pretty overrated. They don't really give much personality and well, I can't really relate much to either of 'em.

Plus, I find it strange that Bronycurious' supposed favorite pony is Rarity, yet in a lot of ways, it feels like he likes Trixie better. Not really a bad thing, just a strange thing.

But yeah, Silver Quill is my favorite one, mainly because of he gives his opinions and in funny ways too.

Edited by Peter Sam
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite is by FAR Silver-Quill. Not only does he have the best balance of the bunch, but even when he criticizes something, he doesn't sound jaded or even THAT negative.

AntonyC is also great. Like Silver, he manages to stroke a GREAT balance between reviewing and criticism. Also, like Silver, funny as hell.

I also like Gibbon & ILuvKimPossibleALot; especially for their humor.

I have a lot of respect for Bronycurious; though at times he does seem a bit jaded, but I still appreciate his analytical style. Digibrony however...seems the most jaded of all, and that kinda sours me a bit. They also, at least in my view, seem a bit TOO picky.

Last, but certainly not least, is FOBEquestria. More of a reviewer, I appreciate his perspective on things.

(edited)
Digibrony is definitely my favorite analyst.

He was the first analysist I ever came across during my first few days of my dabbling into the depths of the Brony fandom. My intrigue in the show was just beginning when I discovered one of his early analysis videos. At the time, I had already viewed a few episodes of MLP and was fairly unimpressed. Watching his video really resparked my interest in ponies after realizing that there could be more to the show than I had originally thought. Thanks to that, I started watching other analyists, started checking out more fan content, started watching Brony vlogs (including Digibrony's Bronycon Vlog), and so on; which slowly built up my interest. And soon enough, I became a Brony myself.

I also really enjoyed the "Season 4 Diary" videos that he's done recently. That series was more of a conversation on each episode rather than a full-blown analysis. The way he critiqued the episodes is very similar to the way I do - by comparing the situations presented in the show to my real life experiences, while at the same time breaking down the concepts and exploring their meaning. I prefer this type of analysis over the common "This episode sucks/This episode is great" formula as it really gives the viewer more to ponder, and may give you a new perspective on the episode itself.

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Probably Digibro. He has a lot of crackpot theories in his head. And in the case of non-pony analysts. The game theorists and Cracked. In fact i was embarrassed by the fact that Mario is faster than Sonic.

Edited by 41Hornet

• 4 months later...

Digibrony is definitely my favorite analyst.

He was the first analysist I ever came across during my first few days of my dabbling into the depths of the Brony fandom. My intrigue in the show was just beginning when I discovered one of his early analysis videos. At the time, I had already viewed a few episodes of MLP and was fairly unimpressed. Watching his video really resparked my interest in ponies after realizing that there could be more to the show than I had originally thought. Thanks to that, I started watching other analyists, started checking out more fan content, started watching Brony vlogs (including Digibrony's Bronycon Vlog), and so on; which slowly built up my interest. And soon enough, I became a Brony myself.

I also really enjoyed the "Season 4 Diary" videos that he's done recently. That series was more of a conversation on each episode rather than a full-blown analysis. The way he critiqued the episodes is very similar to the way I do - by comparing the situations presented in the show to my real life experiences, while at the same time breaking down the concepts and exploring their meaning. I prefer this type of analysis over the common "This episode sucks/This episode is great" formula as it really gives the viewer more to ponder, and may give you a new perspective on the episode itself.

He's my favorite analyst too for similar reasons, and also thanks to him Rarity is my favorite pony  :D

• Brohoof 1

My favourite's Silver Quill. Even if he is new to the MLP Analysis team, he knows how to balance out both the review and humour, which makes his videos really great. It's also nice to see someone who has a lot of fun making these instead of someone who is jaded and forgot how to analyse an episode seriously.

I'm also rather fond of Joshscorcher and TheMysteriousMrEnter. :D

TheMysteriousMrEnter for sure. While I don't always agree with his analysis (for instance, I feel the reviews for Putting Your Hoof Down and It Ain't Easy Being Breezies would do better if they were each swapped to the other episode), I like it that he always has a well-thought-out reason behind whatever he says.

I like Different ones for different reasons, but of equal intensity. 

Dr.Wolf: From his cute avatar to his calm precise way of speaking his mind he is one of my favorites of the analyzers. His head canons are pretty cool and he has a level headed way of approaching an episode that most do not show.

Drowning In horseshoes: I like him because he is the antithesis of Dr. Wolf but just as if not more brilliant with his head canon. His jokes are hilarious and dark, he gives no bucks about what people think of him, and he violently reminds me of Doctor Cox from Scrubs personality wise. 

Antony C: he is kind of the middle ground between the two of them with his own delicious brand of humor, down side he doesn't make nearly the same amount of content those two do, even though its of a much higher quality and has a lot of re-watch-ability to his work. 

• Brohoof 1

I keep forgetting Antony... I probably have to go with him, even if I seem to often disagree with his nitpicks. But besides that, I'm most fond of Gibbon, Tommy and Digi.

Gibbon is really the most fun to watch. He never fails to make me smile, making good points all the while. Whereas Digi and Tommy are more... well, analytical. Both intelligent, reasonable people who are good at what they do.

Of course, Digi does other stuff now and isn't going to consistently pony anymore, so that more or less leaves Tommy. I'm fond of them both, but I think I can identify with Tommy more. Some things bother him that matter little to me, but opinions are opinions.

Antony, though. He's so charismatic, and at the same time intelligent and clever. He doesn't make much in terms of quantity, but the quality is great. Always a joy to watch his videos.

Edit: Wait, how could I forget Kimi Sparkle? She forever holds a very special place in my heart.

Edit 2: ...Wait. I also forgot TBBBAP. Damn, they're awesome.

Edited by Mu Nova