Cake or Pie?

Celestial Wish

Cake or Pie!  

42 users have voted

1. 1. Cake or Pie?

• Cake
    • Pie
  2. 2. If cake, what kind?

• Chocolate... everything chocolate! (milk, dark, German, etc..)
    • Vanilla cake with chocolate icing.
    • Vanilla icing on chocolate cake.
    • Red velvet all the way
    • Rainbow cake
    • Marbled... yummy.
    • I don't like cake ._.
  3. 3. If pie, what kind?

• Chocolate!
    • Apple!
    • Peach!
    • Lemon!
    • Keylime!
    • Pumpkin!
    • Banana Cream!
    • Blackberry!
    • Blueberry!
    • Coconut Cream!
    • Pecan!
    • Raspberry!
    • Chimicherrychanga!
    • No pie for me!

I'm not a huge fan of either (I love my healthy foods), but I admit to having a liking for chocolate mousse cake.

I think regular chocolate cake is okay, but when it has mousse on it, and maybe some raspberry sauce...

*drool* sounds so delicious XD omg... now im hungry ._. oh gawd... need food

• Brohoof 1

I've never been too big on pie, aside from maybe custard pie, which I never go to anywhere that serves it anymore anyway.

Now, cake... If it's fresh, and has amazing frosting, OMG.

• Brohoof 1

the only pies I like art banana cream, coconut cream, and apple.

I like most all cakes. except yellow.

so cake.

I'm definitely more of a cake person, but pie is pretty good as well. I love them both. :D

For cake, I like pretty much any kind, though I do prefer it when the cake is layered- or better yet, an ice cream cake. :wub:

And for pie, I like me some apple pie, blueberry pie, pumpkin pie, and lemon meringue pie as well! :squee:

Pie.

Cake is wonderful. I love cake like a fat kid loves...uh, well, you know. Cake. Anyways, there are a few downsides to cake. For one thing, it doesn't stay fresh as long as pie. It gets crumbly a lot quicker. Additionally, as offensive as it may be to some dessert lovers, sometimes cake is just too sweet. I prefer my cakes with minimal frosting and a very moist center, and it is very difficult to find that balance in cakes. 

Now pie...I love pie like a skinny kid loves making fun of the fat kid who loves cake. My absolute favorite will always be strawberry rhubarb, but coming in at a close second (so close that it is almost tied), is pumpkin. Blueberry, apple, key lime, lemon meringue, banana or coconut creme, cherry, I just love pie. Pie is the perfect balance between sweet and bland. Bland may sound bad, but it's the relative tastelessness of the average pie crust that cuts the overwhelming sweetness and lets you really experience the flavor of the filling. (Excepting those pies made with graham cracker crusts).

People have sculpted cakes into amazing things, mostly by using fondant, which is barely food. Cakes have been transformed into beautiful works of art by talented chefs, bakers, and food sculptors. But that takes work. A perfect pie is a piece of art in itself, a true testament to our ability to make irresistible food out of basic ingredients. It needs no dramatic makeover to be worthy of display. It simply needs to be pie.

...now I want pie. 

Cake, with chocolate cake being the best. Pie ain't bad, and I quite like keylime pie, but generally I'll take chocolate cake over any pie. I actually like more varieties of pie than cake though.