Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Final stage of becoming a brony.

TheConfusedPerson

Everything makes sense except some of the last stage. I never use terms like "anypony, everypony, 20 percent cooler," outside of roleplays and, very rarely, a post on a pony forum. Good thing I skipped 3 and 4. The moment I watched the first episode:

0e3.png

My friends did say I became a lot meaner afterwards, maybe as a defense reaction to them judging me, I don't know. I don't really care who finds out now. I just don't go around telling people unless they ask, I'm not one to shove things in others' faces. :P

Edited by Concep

Most know I'm a fan like said above I don't flaunt it but if they ask sure I'm a fan my sister a few days ago said she didn't think my nephew should watch MLP too girly  I replied it's not just for filles anymore., she gave me a look I just said what?

• Brohoof 1

Too bad I'm stuck on 4. I don't really think I can move up any further. :(

To be completely honest, I'm at that same stage and I really don't WANT to move up any further. I mean, I do like MLP, but I don't really feel ready for my friends and family to find out. I've actually tried telling one of my friends very subtly, and it didn't really work. He got confused pretty quickly, and I haven't brought it up since.

• Brohoof 2

Well, that's great.

But there really isn't a final stage ya know? Just be yourself and like what you want.

I think the final stage should be, "are you still a fan when it's all over?"

• Brohoof 2

It's cute how this fandom is so ridiculously cultish that there are "stages" to it, yet people still ask why we're disliked.

You either like the show or you don't. That is the only stage.

Stage 1 is the one that lasted the longest for me (with the exception of the final), I thought about watching it but I kept putting off for a few months or so until I said "screw it I am watching this what do I have to lose?" The friend that introduced me to it introduced me to a lot of other great stuff so I was skeptical but I figured if in what I considered the unlikely event I would like great if I didn't than I would laugh it off and move on. I had no shame or embarrassment about it at all because I never really cared what other people thought and was neutral on bronies when I was first told about them, who was I to judge people for having an unusual hobby when I have so many unusual hobbies over the years?

To be completely honest, I'm at that same stage and I really don't WANT to move up any further. I mean, I do like MLP, but I don't really feel ready for my friends and family to find out. I've actually tried telling one of my friends very subtly, and it didn't really work. He got confused pretty quickly, and I haven't brought it up since.

Same here. I can't tell my friends cause they'll just freak out on me. Like this one time, I told them I was friends with someone online who just so happened to be a brony, and they would not shut up about it for like 30 minutes. I can't imagine what they would do if they found out that I was a brony. I just hate how people act like it's such a big deal. It's just a TV show, so there's really no point for contraversy.

• Brohoof 1

People just are afraid of what they don't understand Freeze.

If MLP was instead let's say filled with more stallions then mares and had gun-fights and nothing but action scenes then everyone would just think hey it's just a guy show.

But throw in a Mares and a Musical number or two and OMG you are the freak!!.

In the end you just have to not care what people think at your own pace.

What's odd is at one time Plays could only be played by men who for one dressed and did women parts as well., it was thought of as normal yet a woman play a female part and.... :blink:

Human Nature is just....Odd.

Best of luck to you.  I am in the exact same stage as you and feeling sort of nervous if your'e lucky other people you know might be bronys as well.Good luck and remember to be cool about it  B) .