Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 MLP Forums MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Doctor XFizzle

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack vs. Fluttershy vs. Rarity vs. Pinkie Pie

• ALL CHARACTERS
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

Oh man. This is all but done. Luna-Fluttershy in the sweet 16. Again. This means that, even with the match over a full day away, I'm already confronting some serious personal demons.

Namely, I'm reliving my (still way-too-fresh) memories of last year's vote. The one where I was all but ready to concede defeat... then witnessed my fellow Fluttershy supporters spark an incredible comeback... until victory seemed within our grasp... only to see all of our hopes shattered at the last. Possible. Moment.

post-13366-0-45053500-1395927895_thumb.jpg

You know, I don't remember exactly what my thoughts were that night, but I'm pretty sure they sounded a lot like this.

WHY? Why couldn't Flutters be facing literally anyone else? Why do I have to bust my flank trying to defeat one of my personal favorite characters, one whom I know could win the whole thing with my help... TWO YEARS IN A ROW?!?!?!

WHY, Luna? Why must you torment me so?

post-13366-0-86800800-1395928347.gif

NO. This cannot happen again. This SHALL not happen again. I ask you, brothers and sisters of the Fluttershy Corps, to join me and rally our forces. By all that we hold dear, we shall stake our claim to that which we know must rightfully be ours! NO MORE shall any of us live in fear of the darkness.

NO MOAR!!!!!!!!!!

And when we've finally tasted victory... we'll have our victory sandviches.

To @@Sterling Crimson@@cmarston1@@Batbrony@@, and @, I say: heed my call! Our moment is here!

EN TARO FLUTTERSHY, BRAVE SONS OF PONYVILLE!

Edited by Bhending the Rules
  • Brohoof 7

Granny Smith got put into a home by the likes of Vinyl Scratch, and Big Macintosh is about to be banished by Luna. Two Apples down... that stings. :(

Discord and Fluttershy are both on a roll at least, and Apple Bloom is looking to avenge her fallen cousin. Justice shall be served. Take that, Doctor! :catface:

img-2453476-1-apple_bloom_by_cappydarn-d

post-24330-0-31382700-1395943347.jpg

yeah... i went there.  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
YESTERDAY'S RESULTS - EAST REGION ROUND OF 32

*DING DING DING* IT'S NOW OFFICIAL!!

THE HASSLE IN THE CASTLE!

THE ROUGHHOUSE IN THE TREEHOUSE!

post-124-0-29189300-1395948840_thumb.png

(1) Discord puts a licking on (8) Bon Bon 56-9

UPSET ALERT (5) Apple Bloom paralyzes (4) Dr. Whooves 47-18

(3) Princess Luna puts a royal beatdown on (6) Big Macintosh 46-19

(2) Fluttershy clips (7) Bulk Biceps 59-6

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 3

Uh oh... looks like Zecora could be in trouble here. I swear if she got more screen time she would be amongst the most popular characters on the show.

Come on people! She's one of the most pure-hearted and wise creatures in Equestria. Can't you see how awesome she is?

nightmare_night_zecora_by_3luk-d56kced.p

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 3

Provided RBD and AJ win their matchups today, it will mean that all 6 Mane Six and all 3 CMCs will make the Sweet Sixteen. Provided Celestia and Cadence win, all 3 (well 4) princesses will be in the Sweet Sixteen as well

• Brohoof 1

Applejack and Rainbow Dash all the way, baby!  :D

But the only match in this round that truly concerns me is Princess Luna vs. Fluttershy.  I cannot, will not let my beloved pegasus fall in battle against moonbutt again.  That I promise you.  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 7

Applejack and Rainbow Dash all the way, baby!  :D

But the only match in this round that truly concerns me is Princess Luna vs. Fluttershy.  I cannot, will not let my beloved pegasus fall in battle against moonbutt again.  That I promise you.  :okiedokielokie:

I'll be fighting for my waifu till the bitter end. She will destroy Luna. :squee:

Edited by Not FadedSkies
  • Brohoof 3

Day 7 in Review:

No surprises all around, no surprises at all.  Fluttershy and Luna's match up should be loads of fun, I can tell ya that much!  No worries Flutter Corps, as I pledged earlier I will be lending my support to good ol' adorable Flutters (and I expect every single member of the Derp Brigade to do the same...  :okiedokielokie:).  Much as it pains me to vote against Best Princess, it's about time Fluttershy took down Princess Luna.  GO FLUTTERSHY, yay!!!  :yay: 

fluttershy_and_luna_wallpaper_by_mapafap

Day 8 Comments

Shouldn't be any surprises today either.  Looks like Rainbow, AJ, and the two princesses will be easily handling their competition.  Sad to see the two Wonderbolts losing out, but eh, what can you do?  That's the name of the game sometimes, folks.  :)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 4

Applejack time! :D

applejack_by_skylergraysinger498-d54tfb5

Soarin' knows where to get the best apple pie, so he ought to bow out gracefully. :P

Sadly, this will be the last easy victory for AJ. She looks to face Princess Celestia in the next round, and after that it will be Rainbow Dash.  AJ is still stealing this race though.

Sunbutt, Dashie, and Zecora got my other votes for this round.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 6

Applejack time! :D

Soarin' knows where to get the best apple pie, so he ought to bow out gracefully. :P

Why does that sound dirty to me?  :huh:

dirty-mind_o_752391.jpg

Yeah, that's probably it.  :mellow:

• Brohoof 4

I'm surprised. I've voted the last several days and most of my picks won.

The one I'm really looking forward to is Luna Vs Fluttershy. That's going to come down to one or two votes.

Also, I will do all I can do to make sure Rarity doesn't win this tournament.

• Brohoof 1

I was going to brohoof the post until I came across that line.

So no brohoof for you. Rarity number 1.

• Brohoof 2

I'm surprised. I've voted the last several days and most of my picks won.

The one I'm really looking forward to is Luna Vs Fluttershy. That's going to come down to one or two votes.

:lol:

Good luck with that, darling. 

• Brohoof 3

:lol: Good luck with that, darling.

inafter ghostie

-------------------------

Although, I'm dreading a potential Elite 8 Twilight-Rarity matchup. Why did my two best ponies have to face off so early? :(

Edited by The Real Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2

Mane 6 are kinda top-tier for me, so Pip and Soarin are out.

I do love Zecora. She's wise, enchanting, and always rhyming ^_^ Cadence appeals to different sentiments though, so with her I had to go! 

Celestia didn't stand out for a while, but now captivates my mind...I'd probably only vote for Twilight over her.

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 1

inafter ghostie

-------------------------

Although, I'm dreading a potential Elite 8 Twilight-Rarity matchup. Why did my two best ponies have to face off so early? :(

I'm putting up with two of my top 10 facing each other in the sweet 16 (for the second *expletive deleted* year in a row), immediately after two of my top 10 met in the second round and immediately before my favorite character faces his quasi-romantic interest. At least one of your favorites will get a Final Four berth out of that.  :P

:lol:

Good luck with that, darling. 

Rarity number 1.

Rarity used to be my clear-cut least favorite Mane Six. This has so dramatically reversed over the last year that...

NO. MUST NOT FINISH THAT THOUGHT.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity used to be my clear-cut least favorite Mane Six. This has so dramatically reversed over the last year that...

NO. MUST NOT FINISH THAT THOUGHT.

You, good sir, have just earned Luna a vote when the time comes :D

Carry on.

rarity___windy__n_pretty_by_quanno3-d5m0

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

You, good sir, have just earned Luna a vote when the time comes :D

Carry on.

rarity___windy__n_pretty_by_quanno3-d5m0

They may struggle, but eventually, they will become Rarity fans. It. Is. Inevitable.

• Brohoof 2