Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

211 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

Obviously my favorite pony is Fluttershy... but I honestly like them all, who wouldn't? I just identify more with Fluttershy because I generally act the same way she does in real life. It's a bit embarrassing I guess... but online I act more like Rarity, heh.

As for secondary characters that I like... I really think the Cutie Mark Crusaders are adorable... especially Sweetie Belle. I also like Big Mac, he's hilarious! Oh and of course Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I like Luna a lot because of her name... and we have a kitty named Luna too, totally unintentional though because I'm pretty new to MLP. Our kitty is named after another famous cartoon animal...

Finally for tertiary bg characters I like Derpy, DJ P0N3 & Doctor Whooves of course! I think Derpy is cute, DJ P0N3 looks awesome & Doctor Whooves cause I like Doctor Who... and the 10th Doctor is my favorite Doctor so yeah... pretty cool, actually.

• Brohoof 1

Oh come on, everyone knows that Sweetie Belle and Rarity are two best ponies.

Sweetie Belle is cute and energetic, and she's got that perfect little squeak, plus she gets so many great lines that are delivered perfectly by Claire Corlett ("OH COME ON!" "Why does life have to be SO IRONIC?", "We thouth the two of you would be perfect together. To test it. Together"). And I like the fact that she hasn't quite found her place in the world- even less than the other CMC.

Rarity's a fascinating pony. She's egotistical, vain, generous, and kind. Which seems like a weird combination, but she makes it work. Generosity isn't a quality that you'd usually associate with someone who's into fashion. Usually those types of characters would be thought of as selfish and high maintenance. But with Rarity, it makes sense- her life's passion involves making *other ponies look good*. So her generosity really goes hand in hand with her interests.

Add to that the fact that she's a self made mare, and the fact that she's willing to go well outside of her comfort zone for the sake of her friends and family (like being covered in mud or even punching out/kicking bad guys) and you have the best mare in the series.

• Brohoof 4

Some People's spelling of Rarity is atrocious,huh

Rarity is my favorite out of Everypony, although our personalitys couldn't be any different. I dont really care that much about my clothes or fashion.

2nd: Luna, nuff said

Background ; Octavia, I like Treble clefs,as is her cutie mark. It's what I play my tenor sax in! 

Edited by Toa of Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

My favourite of the mane six is EASILY Rainbow Dash - she's a fantastic character, and has been my favourite since I began studying MLP: FiM - she sometimes seems a little stand-offish, but I can see straight through her, being a lot like her myself in terms of sarcasm, feeling an inexplicable need to feel confident and loyalty-terms. ^^

And secondary... it's a tie between Scootaloo and Applebloom - I used to get annoyed by the latter, honestly, but she just seems so awesome now. Ever since the Babs Seed episode... I saw something I didn't really notice about her before, and began to like her. :3

• Brohoof 2

From the mane six, I'd always have to go with Fluttershy. Not because I think she's cute and all, but I can really relate myself with her. And although actually watching her makes me even more intraverted, I also find some support from her in the show. My motto has also gradually changed to WWFD.

For the side characters and background characters, it's Big Mac and Derpy. The level of awesomeness is just too dang high on those two ponies!

• Brohoof 1

I disagree - I think Dash has shown a lot more positive emotion in Season 3. Generally friendly in S3E03, warming to Scootaloo in S3E06, noble modesty in S3E07, Tank affection in S3E11. I think the only time she's really been a "jerk" was at Discord's dinner party.

I suppose, but then she also seemed a bit meaner in The Crystal Empire; like all her character development in season 2 had disappeared. Although looking at the later episodes, maybe you're right. :)

You bet I know who best pony is though! SmileSong all da wayz! 

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy is my favorite main character.  I think she's really quite lovable, and I empathize greatly with her shy, soft-spoken nature, even though she can be downright scary when she starts getting OCD. :)

On secondaries: Honestly I think it's a tossup between Princesses Celestia and Luna - I like them both and think they complement each other well.  I like Celestia because, while she is a royal, regal sort who enjoys her station maybe a little too much, she also has a sense of humor and a mischievous side that makes her seem much more real.  And I like Luna because, while she's a dark, brooding sort, she genuinely cares about her "subjects" and wants to connect with them.  I'm glad she wasn't just a villain.

I've already commented here, but LUNA. ALWAYS LUNA.

She's got a great backstory, she's the Princess of the Night, an Alicorn, mysterious, goth, dark, pretty, old fasioned..used to be Nightmare Moon.

Awesome stuff, right there.

Of the mane 6:

1. Rainbow dash is 20% cooler :3

2, Fluttershy - closest to my personality

3. Pinkie Pie - I love how she is so bubbly

4. Twilight Sparkle - I initially was very fond of her, but then I found Rainbow Dash :3

5. Rarity - Love her colors ^^

6. Applejack - really don't like southern accents :P

But I don't hate the character

Ack. My favorite pony? My FAVORITE PONY? That's.. that's like asking what kind of air I like best! It's sooo hard to decide. I love Twilight For her intelligence, Fluttershy for her kindness, Rainbow Dash for her attitude, Pinkie for her humor, and Rarity for her persistence. I do have a soft spot for Luna though...

My favorite used to be Twilight Sparkle, simply because she's a bookworm like me, but as I watched the show I grew to love Applejack even more.  She's an honest, hard worker who's willing to give her all for her friends and family. 

• Brohoof 2

My favorite pony is Applejack. She's hard-working, strong, dependable, caring, mature and, of course, honest. Also, I love her accent.

Apple Bloom would probably be my favorite secondary character and Derpy my favorite background pony.

• Brohoof 2