Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

CMC Spin-Off

Mushroom Mutate

It would be cool since I’m a huge Scootaloo fanboy, but a whole show on getting cutie marks I think is un-needed.

The writers can do a CMC episode when they like in the normal FIM show so I don’t see the point, plus it makes it special when they don’t constantly do CMC episodes.

• Brohoof 2

Ehh... I wouldn't be too thrilled by this. A pony's cutie mark is sometimes a reflection of what their special talent is, but sometimes it's more of a reflection of who they are as a person, representing an aspect of their character. Given that one of them has such a cutie mark, it could be brought forth by any number of things. And there are only so many activities they can try doing to get their cutie marks that wouldn't be completely mundane and uninteresting to the audience. I can see this show becoming very dull or repetitive by the end of the first season. Makes me also wonder just how much crusading they actually do. Could be that it's more of a weekend thing and only when the notion strikes one of them.

• Brohoof 1

If the Cutie Mark Crusaders had their own spin-off show, I would at the very least demand that Babs Seed be a regular character on the show.

Oh, and that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon appear a lot more too. Because I do actually like them as well.

Plus, more Snips and Snails. Because I do actually like them as well.

• Brohoof 2

They can pull it off, I mean they pulled off Equestria Girls albeit with some flaws but if done right a CMC spinoff or even a sequel series starring the CMC and a few other mares as a new mane 6 might make a pretty good show. The CMC have already had some pretty good character development in the show so something like that could build on that, maybe such a spinoff or sequel series could take place several years later, they all have their cutie marks and are adults or teens (it dosen't matter which) of course one thing they must do if they are to do such a thing is to have Bab's seed by if not a mane character than at least a re occurring secondary character. Bab's is way too awesome to not use.

• Brohoof 2

Not sure that it's necessary, but it would be interesting if done right. In any case, I would like to see the Crusaders get their cutie marks before the series ends.

It could be alright i guess, but maybe a show about there lives everyday would be more interesting, not JUST them trying to get their cutie marks! :)  

If they can pull it off, I'll support it. Have them do more adventures other than trying to find their cutie marks, other than that I would enjoy it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm ok with this.............

It would be interesting to see this if it became a thing and the CMC got Character  development I would be pleased.> ^_^

Edited by Pietastic150

Such a spin-off seems kinda pointless.

They get plenty of attention in the show themselves, and it's easy enough to call them main characters in their own respects.

Besides I don't tend to like their normal episodes anyway

Honestly, I think if the cmc got their own show, it would be one of those shows that repeats the same formula every episode. It be like the episode structure for Pinky and the Brain where when they're so close to completing their accomplishment, something happens and they don't.

It would still be funny and adorable to watch. 

It could be a possibility. It would have to have some killer writers and eppisodes tough, as the same formula of them trying something totaly off the wall and failing at it occurring every episode might get repettitive. But I still have high hopes for that happening. That would be cool either way! :D

I think the CMC works better as a side plot within the show, since they pretty much go around, completely oblivious to their talent. Their own show in that regard, really wouldn't last long.

• Brohoof 1

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned yet that Faust actually had this in mind-- she hoped it to be geared more toward preschoolers and have kind of an educational bent.

I wouldn't mind seeing this done as long as it is not full-length episodes (maybe five-ten minutes at most) and has plenty of parodical hijinks to go around.  It would get kind of repetitive though unless they pull it off really well, and I probably would stop watching after five episodes and they don't do anything else besides search for their cutie marks.

In fact, I would like to see a sort of MLP variety show for a lot of the side characters, not just the CMC.

• Brohoof 1

I would really like it! The CMC episodes are usually my favorites in the series.  Although, I suppose they could always just give them a few more episodes per season in the main show, too (or more opportunities to interact with the Mane 6). Personally, I've always wanted them to be the ones to take down a two-parter villain.

• 1 year later...

for some reason i totally foresee this.

it would be a sort of Phineas and Ferb-like show... always going on adventures and trying new things. a bit more edgy and extreme than the show currently. I guess it'd be difficult because it couldn't be 100% CM-centric forever... that'd get old. Not sure ow much value it'd have.

• Brohoof 1

If the CMC getting their own show meant that they moved away from Ponyville and left FIM, except for an occasional reunion episode, then yeah, I could dig that.  (I like the CMC just fine, but I could do with less of them, honestly.)