Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Post your unpopular shipinions here!

ZukoIsBestPony

• Specifically? In Community, I really do not like Jeff/Annie at all. Even as friends, they both have more chemistry with other members of the group. 

• I don't like Pinkie/Cheese Sandwich. Then again, other than Cherilee/Big Mac and one-sided Sparity, I don't ship MLP anyhow.

• I tend to lean towards teh lolz in ships, and enjoy shipping characters with inanimate objects much more than with each other.

• On the other hand, I could go on and on about brotps.  :wub:
  • Brohoof 3

When it comes to ponies:

I've never seen the appeal in AppleDash. They make great friends, but I don't need to see them go beyond that stage.

I don't understand why TwiDash even exists, aside from the fact that it's cute and Twilight and Dash are popular and fun to ship. I've read fanfics I've liked involving it, but I feel that all of them have had to manufacture chemistry between them entirely, where some other pairings are able to build off some existing (though nonromantic) chemistry you can feel in the show. These two together feel pretty unnatural to me.

When it comes to everything else:

The Avatar fanbase seems to be legendary for big ship wars, so I guess I'd be in the minority for simply not caring. I liked seeing Aang and Katara get together at the end, but it wasn't something I needed to see happen and I was never super invested in any particular pairings over others. As for Korra, romance is the (or an) anchor around that show's neck and I feel the sooner the writers realize that, the better. Cut out those subplots and all the main characters suddenly become much more likable and the show has more time to pay attention to more important things.

In Dangan Ronpa, though it baffles me how this is even an unpopular opinion, the Hinata/Komaeda ship is one of the more messed up things I've seen people take seriously. I understand why it exists, but what I don't understand is how you could ship it if you went through the same story that I did and gave anything resembling a crap about Hinata's well being. Same series, Fujisaki/Oowada has always been off-putting for me too.

Though DR's villain and Ben Chang from Community are perfect for one another whether the writers intended it or not. -_-

Since Whistle! doesn't really have a fandom, I can't say for sure whether or not my shipping opinions are popular or not, but Sho and Tsubasa are the cutest and best pairing :wub:

In the Warrior Cats books, I ran out of bucks to give about all the forbidden love subplots awfully quickly. I was also strangely drawn to shipping Jayfeather and Cinderheart for some reason. The scenes where he had to figure out how to fix her leg pop out in my mind, and I think I can remember liking their interactions during that time. My memory of that series is a tad fuzzy.

In Harry Potter, though I've never looked up anything involving it, I kind of like the idea of Harry/Luna. Whether in a shippy sense or not, I wish they'd gotten to interact more. I feel they could have a lot to bond over, what with everyone thinking they're completely insane half the time.

• Brohoof 4

For ponies:

I never cared for AppleDash or RariJack(though at least I do see the appeal behind RariJack)

I will never understand the appeal behind Fluttermac

For anything else:

I love FranziskaXLarry Butz from Ace Attorney oddly enough

I like Fox and Krystal, but not as a pairing

The only pairings in Avatar that should exist are the ones that became canon in the Last Airbender, and Legend of Korra should just ditch pairings all together(though I don't think that one is unpopular)

• Brohoof 2

I don't like Rarijack. Despite AJ and Rarity being my two favorite ponies, I don't think a ship between them works. I do like Twijack though - I think AJ and Twilight get along great together. (Nothing more than super close friend shipping though, please.)

Other than that? I ship Hermione and Viktor Krum from Harry Potter. I always thought they were so cute together :)

• Brohoof 2

A long time ago, before it was dubbed, I was into a short, thirteen-episode anime called Kannazuki no Miko. It was a small fandom, but the main 'ship there (both in fanon AND finalized in canon) was a shojo-ai one called Chikane/Himeko.

However, I hated that 'ship and still do. One of the things to really kill my support for a 'ship is when it's predestined. Chikane and Himeko's romance was based off a predestined, reincarnated plot and future. If there was one thing I consistently rant about, it's how YOU choose your destiny rather than let destiny choose you, and the same is said in romance. By using the "destiny" plot, you're sacrificing organic plot progression for a lazy plot device that's been walloped to the ground and breaking the asphalt. Kannazuki no Miko's biggest writing flaw (besides making the two central characters two-dimensional) is this, and it kills all hope for this romance.

(BTW, I also hate Darien/Serena from Sailor Moon for this same reason.)

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like shipping any of the Mane 6 together. I mean, it was bound to happen but come on, is absolutely every pony on that show supposed to be gay (Except Rainbow Dash, who so is, IMHO, but even she wouldn't end up with one of the others.)?

I figure, however, that it's just a matter of time before Rarity realizes she will never find another man as perfect for her as Spike.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Not a fan of characters being shipped with their opposite gender... for example:

FluttershyXButterscotch 

DashXBlitz

RarityXElusive

TwilightXDuskShine

AppleJackXJackapple

PinkiePieXBlueBerry

Etc.

Most fanon ships are also bad two.

• 2 months later...

The only good ship is no ship at all. Nobody cares if it's good or makes sense.

If only this planet would see how trivial it is.

Edited by PCutter
  • Brohoof 1

I don't care about shipping much and prefer no shipping or romance- however, I know when there's a good pair and when there's a bad one. 

A bit old school, and probably not as unpopular as it was fifteen years ago, but ContestShipping (May/Drew) is an absolute abomination and I can't see why anyone would ship it, other than to remove a threat for PokéShipping (Ash/Misty). At least with EgoShipping (Gary/Misty) you could still say that Gary had some character development, but Drew began as a creep and remained a creep.