Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Naming your child after a character on the show.

Azureth

Parents can name their children pretty much anything they like. It is of course within reason (and laws).

Naming someone Twilight Sparkle would kinda be like naming someone McDonald's or Coca-Cola since Twilight Sparkle used to be a trademark from 2001 up until 2017 (within, when this thread was made) as a "RAINFOREST CHARACTER COLLECTION". Owner of the trademark was Jyothi Light, Prema.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want kids, so I'd obviously never do that, but I think some of the characters on the show have good names – even for a human. Especially Luna and Octavia would work well... and no one would have to know they were named after ponies, anyway. :adorkable: Some of the names aren't common human names at all but would still be decent choices, like Celestia. But naming a kid Fluttershy would probably be too weird. :please:

• Brohoof 2

• 10 months later...
23 minutes ago, Megas said:

If you hate your kids sure

Though you could get away with Luna or Celestia

Maybe full pony names like "Twilight Sparkle" or "Rainbow Dash" but names like Sunny, Hitch, Pipp, Zipp, Izzy, those... Those are just names period, 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve never liked this kind of thing. If you like a show, buy a t-shirt or something, don’t name your kids after it.

By the time little Pinkamena, Applebloom or Soarin grows up, nobody will know where that name is from and they’re stuck with it for rest of their lives.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I enjoy this show, the community and everything around it ... though I wouldn't do that. I would give my child a decent non pony-name and would not force things I like onto them like that

Edited by Astral Soul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2023-03-21 at 12:45 PM, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

This is a great idea. Who would not want a name like Spoiled Milk, Filthy Rich, Stinkin' Rich, Stinky Bottom, Granny Smith or Cheese Sandwich?

Oi, I know you're being sarcastic here, but don't you dare make fun of my son, Hoity Toity and my daughter, Ms. Peachbottom.

I would never name my child something like Applejack or Twilight Sparkle. That is a little too ridiculous let’s be real.

However, I am fond of the name Cadence. But I would not give that first name to my child. As a middle name? Perhaps.