Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Who is your favorite villain?

Adachi

Here I fixed it  :umad:  ... Jk, but my favorite villians in MLP are Discord, and Nightmare Moon.

I'm a tad bit more on Discord though since I have my chaotic moments :comeatus:

I honestly wanted to put Discord, but since he is technically "good" now I feel he is more the "Shadow the Hedgehog" category... Whereas a character starts out evil, but eventually becomes an anti-hero & joins the good guy side (Shadow joins Sonic, sort of, & Discord joins the Mane 6, sort of). But otherwise he would have easily replaced one of them

I would say Discord, but they reformed and gimped him.

I will perhaps say Saint Dane from the Pendragon book series was fun.

Someone else reads those!? I thought I was the only one :/

Favourite Villain? Do I really need to provide an explanation here?  :umad:

Well, aside from that, I'd have to say I've always found The Joker to be a simply outstanding villain!!  :squee:

So your favorite villian is sombra right, RIGHT! :P

• Brohoof 1

Cyrus from Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: His plans didn't make much sense, sure, but he he still managed to be both evil and sympathetic.

Kefka from Final Fantasy VI: He's incredibly evil, and he absolutley relishes in it. He just loves being evil, but he's not all fun and games: he's still a menacing and hateable opponent. He also accomplishes his goal, which many villains fail to do.

• Brohoof 1

Nope, seems you at least one person that has. Have you finished the series?

Oh I finished them ages ago. In fact, it has been so long, they might be ready for a revisit. I usually wait awhile before rereading/rewatching anything, because otherwise it gets old & stale. Only problem is that it takes forever to collect all the books & I don't have the money to pay for them... Oh well, guess I might as well start searching :P

Pokey Minch from Earthbound.

That snobby little bastard gets under my skin so much. Earthbound did a good job of making you truly despise the antagonist. The way he taunts you during the final battle is cruel and heartless. He knows you are facing the embodiment of evil in an alternate dimension (and if you follow the whole Giygas-fetus theory, aborting a demon alien baby) and has the balls to mock you for being fearful. He knows the fate of the world is in your hands, and still he does everything in his power to stop you. He knows he can't control Giygas when he turns off the Devil Machine, but does so anyways just to spite you. By the end of the game I loathed Pokey, which makes him a truly good villain.

Pokey Minch, 

(edited)

Although he never really was a villain, N is my favorite. Because all he really wanted was for Pokemon to be free from abuse, and have the ability to be free.

Myotismon made a pretty believable villain. He abducted Gatomon when she was still in her rookie form, and forced her to carry out assassination missions, and all the while, Gatomon was waiting for her chance to leave him and get her revenge on him. When she finally breaks free and finds happiness as the Digimon of the 8th Digi Destined, Myotismon kills the one who was her only friend for years, Wizardmon, therefore setting himself up for his own downfall by enabling Gatomon to digivolve.

Also, he almost killed Lillymon as well, and also killed the Tyrannomon that he sent after the Digi Destined after Lillymon used an ability to turn him good D:

The 4 Masters are probably worse, especially Piedmon (then again, I think Machinedramon was probably worse than Piedmon, haven't watched those episodes in ages though)

Edit: Lex Luthor is probably my all time favorite villain. Because he's a master criminal, but manages to use the law to successfully hide/justify his crimes. And he even sometimes helps the good guys out when the Earth is in danger.

Edited by Pegasus

I like all of the Pokemon teams. And is it just me or are their plans getting more and more extreme with each game?

Team Rocket - Gonna get yo' money!

Team Magma - Expand the land!

Team Aqua - Expand the sea!

Team Galactic - Create a new universe!

Team Plasma - Liberate the Pokemon... then take over the world!

Team Flare - I'm pissed so I'm gonna kill everyone!

Tirek has been my favourite villain from MLP. He's definitely the most threatening of the villains we've had so far and his and Scorpan's backstory was interesting.

Zant is easily my favourite villain from Zelda. Throughout the majority of the game he gives off a creepy and threatening demeanor. And when you finally battle him in the Palace of Twilight, the way his personality goes from calm but scary to downright ballistic is horrifying...

Ghirahim is a close second because he's so fabulous!~  :D

My absolute favorite villain (and favorite character in general) of all time is Scar from The Lion King, which also happens to be my favorite movie. I have no shame in saying Scar is one of my biggest obsessions. But I also love Team Rocket (Jessie, James and Meowth) -- Iago from Aladdin (I suppose anti-hero is the correct term for Iago, taking the sequels/series into account) -- Loki from Thor/Avengers -- Willie Loomis from Dark Shadows (the original series, not the new Burton movie. I personally don't think Willie qualifies as "villain" but he certainly starts out as a pretty bad guy) and last but not least, Discord from...well, I'm sure no one here knows what show he's from right?  :muffins:  Once again there's another example of an "ex-villain/anti-hero". I guess I'm just a sucker for those types of characters. :P

(edited)

I don't really like villains, but I will go with Kefka because he's "completely insane!" (if you read that in Spike's voice, then you get a cookie :squee: .

Edit: I just remembered that I really, really like Vegeta.

vegeta-1-jpg.jpg

Oh, and there's someone else, too...

111199.png?1371570881

Edited by Frosty Nerd

Once upon a time, prior to even my fandom for Sonic, I was hugely into DBZ as a younger kid, as many young boys were and still are. I loved the explosions, the cool attacks, the amazing fight scenes, and the intense music. Just recently, thanks to boredom and Youtube, I've been able to re-watch almost any fight scene imaginable, in its' entirety. I watched Goku and Frieza, I watched every battle the Z fighters had with Cell, but I was soon reminded why my peak of interest in DBZ was actually more towards the end of its' first TV series, than its' beginning.

This pink fucker.

post-4006-0-83741400-1402558691.jpg

For those who didn't watch DBZ at all (what kind of childhood and or young adulthood did you have?), or who didn't keep up with the show (or manga) far enough to encounter this demonic hellspawn made of bubblegum, Majin Buu is not only the most powerful and final villain of the DBZ initial series, but also has the most interesting back story. He's a timeless entity that's been around since near the beginning of time, who goes on rampages every few millennia, then goes back into hibernation. He has the power to absorb others and transform based on their powers, and even traits of their personality. He was awakened by the evil wizard Bibidi a long time before the start of the series, absorbed many powerful individuals, and then was locked away for a while more. A long while later, Bibidi's descendant, Babidi, unleashed him upon the world again.

Bibidi, Babidi, Buu :3

Buu is the quintessential bad guy for many young boys, I think, he certainly was for me. In two of his three major forms, he's incredibly child-like, resorting to even the most amusing of visual gags and taunts while in the heat of battle against even the legendary OP protagonists, like Goku and Vegeta; taking these two on at the same time later on, in fact.

kid-buu-dancing-o.gif

Do you like what you see, Vegeta?

Yet, at the same time, he's incredibly lethal, having demonstrated to wipe out all of humanity with little effort, being capable of coming back and regenerating from big name attacks that bested many past super baddies, and generally being an itch that took the DBZ cast an entire season to finally be rid of.

Kid Buu is my favorite, because he's completely insane, debateably the most powerful (though many say his prior form, Super Buu is more powerful), and undoubtedly the most dangerous, due to his violent and unpredictable behavior.

Buu's known for being pink, doing crazy things that most other characters can't, liking candy, and being a goofball.

Guess who he gets crossovered with quite a lot? x)

22465.png

Well, he's sort-of my tentacled lord and savior from the stars (and isn't a "villain," per se), but I'll sez Great Cthulhu.  Because, if I don't, he may well gobble me up.  When his lazy, gelatinous butt wakes the hay up!!

Kefka from FFVI (most definitely a villain) ranks pretty high on my list, as well.  He was just so darned...  He was a conscienceless, power-hungry, clown-lookin' jerk lol.  With totally awesome theme music.  A great villain's GOT to have good theme music.  And he had a creepy darned laugh, to boot.  That was almost some weird barking; as if someone were screwing with a record on a turntable of an alien canine barking.

My favourite villain is Vaas from farcry 3 just because of his insanity and epic quotes like "did I ever tell you the definition of insanity" if you haven't seen that cutscene you should give it a go;-)

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

My favourite villains, hm?

Well, I think on mlp its quite obvious: Discord. 

But Chrysalis is awesome, too.

Over all, there is one villain who beats even Discord in Epicness: Saint Dane. 

There is no villain better than this manipulating, Chaos-bringing, time-and-dimensions-traveling Shapeshifter.

He is just plain awesome.

Another Villain I absolutely love, is Scapegrace. Where other villains stick out with their badassery, this guy sticks out with his lack of skills in being what he wants to be. First, he was the "Supreme Ultimate Killer", the one who ascends murder to an Art - but he never ever managed to kill anyone. Later, he got himself killed, and comes back as a Zombie. Now, he is the leader of a large horde of Zombies (a moron called Thrasher), and calls himself "The Ultimate Zombie King". But he has always to keep some glue with him because his nose and ears keep falling of, and to travel in an iceselling wagon with a penguin on top. This villain is just hilariously ridiculous.

And a fourth villain I love is Seth, from the Kane Chronicles. God of Chaos and so on, another Discord-type villain.

So I come to my fifth favourite villain: Mr. Teatime. An Assassin tasked with inhuming the Hogfather (the Discworld-Equivalent of Santa Claus). No problem for him, since he makes plans to kill such entities for an hobbie from childhood on. The plan: Kidnapping the Toothfairy and making her hand him the teeth from all the children, then making some voodoo to make the kids not believe in the Hogfather anymore. Since such entities live on believe, he dies of starvation, and Death has to do his job while his granddaughter tries to stop Teatime. (Long Story).

Edited by YetAnotherDiscord

Over all, there is one villain who beats even Discord in Epicness: Saint Dane. 

There is no villain better than this manipulating, Chaos-bringing, time-and-dimensions-traveling Shapeshifter.

He is just plain awesome.

Someone who has read the series Pendragon I see.

Mine would be Shou Tucker from Fullmetal Alchemist. It's just twisted that he turned his cute daughter and adorable dog into a hideous, creepy, pitiable monster who's life was just confusion, betrayal, and endless pain.

The guy who made the most intimidating anime villain award.

3833409-5172121459-fullm.png

704364-our_father__fullmetal_alchemist_b

Father from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Needless to say, he stole the powers of "God".