Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Who is your favorite villain?

Adachi

My favourites are the following....

Lex Luthor (Superman, Superman II, Superman IV)

post-18648-0-24616200-1395945861_thumb.jpg

The Joker (Tim Burton's Batman)

post-18648-0-37938000-1395945873_thumb.jpg

Bane (The Dark Knight Rises)

post-18648-0-32036000-1395945881_thumb.jpg

Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

post-18648-0-25187400-1395945897_thumb.jpg

HAL 9000 (2001: A Space Odyssey)

post-18648-0-00320400-1395945917_thumb.jpg

Hans Gruber (Die Hard)

post-18648-0-28936700-1395945907_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

There are so many good ones it is hard to pick just one but a few do come to mind. First there is Darkseid who is one of Superman's deadliest enemies who is literally a god, he has command of an entire dark army on his home planet of Apokolypse whose goal is to get the Anti Life Equation which has the power to enslave all life in the entire universe. Then there is Raz Al Ghul who is in my humble opinion Batman's deadliest enemy, he is the master of the League of Assassins who has thanks to the powers of the Lazarus Pit lived for centuries and is trained in multiple different martial arts. Magneto is a classic case of good intentions and evil actions, he believes that humans and mutants cannot co exist and is willing to apply some rather brutal methods to do what he believes is necessary for the future of mutantkind.

Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty is awesome, easily the best Disney villain. She threatened to send "all the powers of hell" and can turn into a dragon. Tengu Shredder is the best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain and version of the Shredder, he was so insanely powerful that it took the combined might of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and their allies, the Ninja Tribunal as well as even their enemies like the Foot Clan to take him down. The idea of the shredder they knew being an imposter, someone that took on the mantle of the "one true shredder" to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies really speaks to how much of a threat the real shredder turned out to be.

Oh yes, a villain thread! My favorite villain is probably Dr. Horrible, but damn, there's too many awesome villains out there for me to choose! So i'll just list all my favorites. There's Megamind, Maleficent, Bowser, Claude Frollo, Darth Vader, Randall, The Shadow Man/Dr. Facilier, the Joker and Harley Quinn, Azula, Lord Business and Bad Cop (from Lego Movie). Doofenshmirtz, Loki, Scar, Ursala, Oogie Boogie,  Frankenstein AND his monster, Erik aka the Phantom of the Opera, Zira, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Gaston, Sideshow Bob, Plankton, Hades, Lotso Huggin Bear, Stitch (he was villainous at first)... Queen Chrysalis disguised as Cadence. I thought she was awesome when she was just creepy evil Cadence, and then she had to go and ruin it by revealing her true form >_>

I could keep on going, but i need to stop :P

I say that, then i continue to add to my list as i look up more stuff.

Ice King - Adventure Time

Because ...Feels

Simon&Marcy  :(

I LOVE ice king, but don't consider him a villain. He's sorta just a sad, lonely crazy guy :(

He also seems to have evened out a bit in the past season or two and has been less of an antagonist lately.

HUGE spoiler for those who don't know about Ice King or the crown's past, but...

I actually consider him an unacknowledged hero in the show. The crown he wears is supposed to drive the wearer mad with power until they cover or destroy the earth with ice, but notice that Ice King hasn't done that? Its because Simon struggles against the crown that Ice King mostly not dangerous. He bears the temptation of the crown to destroy the earth, and instead makes it manifest in a way that is mostly harmless but causes Ice King much loneliness and suffering... Which, imo, is a heroic sacrifice in its own way. I think if anyone else had decided to wear the crown, the world would have been destroyed.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 4

Oh yes, a villain thread! My favorite villain is probably Dr. Horrible, but damn, there's too many awesome villains out there for me to choose! So i'll just list all my favorites. There's Megamind, Maleficent, Bowser, Claude Frollo, Darth Vader, Randall, The Shadow Man/Dr. Facilier, the Joker and Harley Quinn, Azula, Lord Business and Bad Cop (from Lego Movie). Doofenshmirtz, Loki, Scar, Ursala, Oogie Boogie,  Frankenstein AND his monster, Erik aka the Phantom of the Opera, Zira, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Gaston, Sideshow Bob, Plankton, Hades, Lotso Huggin Bear, Stitch (he was villainous at first)... Queen Chrysalis disguised as Cadence. I thought she was awesome when she was just creepy evil Cadence, and then she had to go and ruin it by revealing her true form >_>

I could keep on going, but i need to stop :P

I say that, then i continue to add to my list as i look up more stuff.

I LOVE ice king, but don't consider him a villain. He's sorta just a sad, lonely crazy guy :(

When you say "Randall," do you mean this guy?

Randall.png

Also,I too feel bad for the Ice King.

• Brohoof 1

I think my Favourite Villian is Lord Shen from Kung Fu Panda 2 Gary Oldman voiced him so good that he counts to one of my Favourite Villians ever

Discord is pretty awesome too because he's so funny

and of course Queen Chrysalis i mean her Voice is so Badass

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pokemon --> Team Rocket (the trio and the organization), Mewtwo, Team Galactic & Team Plasma

Spider-Man (Sam Raimi trilogy) --> Green Goblin, Doc Ock & Sandman

Yeah, Giovanni is a pretty well written villain I think. Although, Meowth's Giovanni fantasies are a bit disturbing.

Also, new favorite villain. Sesshomaru. Even though he turned into an anti hero, then maybe a full good guy later. He's a demon who is ruthless, but he ends up softening up after meeting that one little girl (forgot her name). And didn't he allow Kohaku to travel with him later when Kohaku was trying to regain his memories?

Also, Gizel Godwin from Suikoden V is a pretty cool villain. He's not all evil, he was only following in his father's footsteps. In the end, he admits that everyone was fighting for their own selfish reasons, then he duels the prince because he felt they cannot peacefully co-exist (when really, I think he wanted to atone for his crimes, and he realized that if he was allowed to live, the land would still be divided between him, and the Falenian royal family). I ended up gaining a lot of respect for him, because he's so sympathetic.

Edited by Assertive Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 2

Trixie is my favorite Villain but trixie is my favorite pony so as far as main villains go i would have to say Queen Chrysalis

and as far as everything besides mlp i would say Darth Vader 

Edited by Vermillion
  • Brohoof 1

When you say "Randall," do you mean this guy?

img-2457869-1-Randall.png

Also,I too feel bad for the Ice King.

Yes, or better yet Randall.jpg

What a cutie pie he was! X3 His appearance in monsters university is what really cemented my love for the guy, but i liked him in the first movie as well. He's a good creepy, despicable sort of villain.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 4

This assclown right here.

957798-kefka.jpg

He's the only Final Fantasy Villain that managed to wreck shit, on a large scale. He was batshit insane, and hilarious. 

Runners up:

GulDukat01.jpg

Since this douche showed his face, I wanted him to die. His actor did a damn good job with making him so hated lol.

LufiaSinistrals.jpg

Something about these four, how they act, the stuff they pull off, is kinda cool. When they say they're gonna do shit, they do it. No boasting, just BAM its done.

Yes, or better yet img-2459970-2-Randall.jpg

What a cutie pie he was! X3 His appearance in monsters university is what really cemented my love for the guy, but i liked him in the first movie as well. He's a good creepy, despicable sort of villain.

Btw,his name is Randall Boggs. 

He returns in Monsters University?

Wow! I really need to see that movie,then.

• Brohoof 2

Hi , I moved your topic from General Discussion to Media Discussion. Discussing one's favorite villain is a discussion of media, and as such it fits better in the latter. :)

Akio from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

And no, it's not because he is "teh uber sexy" or whatever terms fangirls use  nowadays.

No, Akio is best villain because of how he serves the narrative. And considering Utena has one of the tightest and brilliant narratives in all of anime, it would stand to follow that Akio is a great villain.

I would go into detail as to why he's my favorite, but I refuse to risk spoiling Utena for anyone who has not watched it. Which, statistically speaking, is probably most of you.

Seriously... watch Utena. The TV Series, not the movie. Do it. Do it nao.

(I have no statistics)

Edited by Aged Rain