Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Android vs iOS

Rarity Paige Belle

iOS is faster,and tends to have more apps than an Android...

I have an Android,but I would choose iOS

• Brohoof 1

Android is pretty great when it comes to customization.

The App store leaves more to be desired, but it never not has a specific app that I need.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I personally like Android because it's not locked down like iOS. It also has greater versatility and development potential since it's basically open source and you can get free(or relatively cheap) programs that can develop for it like Gamer Maker Studio. It also lets you utilize .apk files to install stuff not on the app store and can be customized much more than iOS.    

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

>Smartphone OS debate

>No Windows Phone

>tfw your platform of choice is ignored (again)

>not a Smartphone OS debate

>debate between two specific OSes

>Windows phone sucks anyway

iOS is faster,and tends to have more apps than an Android...

I have an Android,but I would choose iOS

Not necessarily.

No, there aren't. I believe the App Store only recently hit the 1mil app mark, whereas the Play Store currently has almost 1.2mil, along with all the other Play Store alternatives, such as F-Droid, Amazon's app store thing, or GetJar.

The main reason I prefer Android is freedom. I can do just about whatever I wish with my Android, whether it be just a bit more in-depth personalization than iOS, installing a new ROM, or whatever.

As well, developing applications is a lot easier on Android, not to mention cheaper(0 USD for the Android SDK, against 100 USD for the iOS SDK).

Edited by Semyon
  • Brohoof 4

When I was first in the market for looking for my first smart phone, I thought that I wanted an iPhone.

Then I went on a trip with my friend to the east coast, and we were hanging out with some of her old friends. I noticed that every single one of them had an iPhone.

I felt pretty disconcerted. I didn't like the idea of everyone having the exact same phone.

So I decided that I was going to get an Android and not feel like I'm just doing what everyone else is doing.

iOS recently had some updates that needed to be done for security purposes and I know that the update to the iOS 7 was not a pleasant one for many people. Granted, it's because people hate change and change confuses those who aren't tech-savvy. But still.

Also Android is less expensive. You get pretty much the same phone for half the price of an iPhone.

• Brohoof 1

Also Android is less expensive. You get pretty much the same phone for half the price of an iPhone.

That to. My cheap-ass Axiom was a dedicated GPU and more internal memory away from being able to match the Iphone that was newest at the time, and some of the higher-end(or even mid-range) Android phones have specs that make the Iphone look like a toy.  

(edited)

I don't like either of them, but if I were to side with one or the other, I'd have to go with Android. The only reason I side with Android is that it's less locked down, I can access my file system from Linux and it's cheaper. That's it. Both are garbage in their own ways and the GUIs are still unintuitive messes that I have to traverse for my parents a few times each week.

Edited by Celtore

>not a Smartphone OS debate

>debate between two specific OSes

>Windows phone sucks anyway

>Implying that windows phone sucks

>Has iPod touch 5th gen running iOS 7

>Looks at android posts.

>Android has more customization then iOS

>Looking at my iPod

>MFW

(edited)

*jumps in action style to defend Daring*

Windows Phone because even though it might not have the App ecosystem, it's still a slick OS and just everypony wait until the 8.1 update, it's gonna be even more awesome.

Disclosure: I am a proud Windows Phone and a Microsoft fanboy. :lol:

Edited by techpony44
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

>Implying that windows phone sucks

>Has iPod touch 5th gen running iOS 7

>Looks at android posts.

>Android has more customization then iOS

>Looking at my iPod

>MFW

*Custumization that doesn't require jail-breaking the device and voiding the warranty. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I've never used an android so I don't know if its good or not. iOS 6 was good, iOS 7 is absolute shit, it completely ruined apple products for me.

I own both an iPhone and a Nexus 5 and honestly, I don't see the point arguing since they are extremely similar.

Calling, messaging, apps, calendar, maps, almost all the same features exists, and are controlled in much the same way.

It all boils down to simple differences, like iPhone is slightly more stable when it comes to crashes, and android is more customizable.

My vote goes to android mostly because I like the Google's ecosystem more than Apple's.

Pictures, videos, notes, mails are all stored in the cloud automatically. Apple can also do this, but I like gmail and Google's offerings better.

Only a fan boy will say they are vastly different, and of course in their phones advantage.

• Brohoof 2

I've never used an android so I don't know if its good or not. iOS 6 was good, iOS 7 is absolute shit, it completely ruined apple products for me.

You must have an older device.

I don't see any problem with it on my iPod 5.

You must have an older device.

I don't see any problem with it on my iPod 5.

iPhone 4. And ipad, dunno if its first one or second one.