Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people like Trixie?

CosmicHooves

Snip

A very impassioned description. Good job. Although, if Trixie didn't charge for her shows, then her losing her act shouldn't have affected her livelihood, as she says in "Magic Duel".

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A very impassioned description. Good job. Although, if Trixie didn't charge for her shows, then her losing her act shouldn't have affected her livelihood, as she says in "Magic Duel".

I wonder what the exception was with Ponyville. Maybe she just does a teaser the first day then does a legit show the following day. It would make sense, since she wouldn't have the chance to in the case of, say, an Ursa fucking her night up.

Edited by Rockymoo
  • Brohoof 1

This will be the next crappy John Joesco concept Tumblr.

Aww I was just about to go live with that tumblr idea. Oh well, I'll do it tomorrow after I acquire more horse butts! First post will have to be Celestia though.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Ok, this is probably mostly opinions but

Trixie is a showmare. She knows this, everypony else knows this. Except for Snips and Snails. They took her boasting too seriously, so they tracked down an Ursa Minor and it ended up following them to Ponyville.

Trixie could've ran away in an act of self preservation, but NO! She is the GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie! She wasn't gonna let some bear have it's way. Fighting back a lot of fear, she did what she could against the creature.

Twi ended up saving the day, and in the end, Trixie should've been mad at Snips and Snails, not Twi. But now, because of something that wasn't even her fault (Trixie is not responsible for ponies with hyperactive imaginations), she gets tomatoes thrown at her, her performances bomb, and her stage is a wreck. I wish that Turnabout Storm was canon, because Feenie showed her actual compassion and generosity and understood her fully. I love the mane 6, but they could've been more understanding, and Twi was the only one out of them who really felt bad for Trixie.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not gonna defend Trixie, she's kind of a d*ck. x)

If you think about it, Trixie was just doing her show the same way she's done countless times before in different towns, and she merely defended herself from a bunch of hecklers, but I digress.

She does being an antagonist so well, one can't help but to like her. Gotta love her speaking in 3rd person, too.

Different strokes, of course.

As an anti-hero she is a very fun and cute character. As far as idolizing her that isn't for the decent person lol.

She is an easier character for somepony lonely that uses "stage syndrome" narcissism to relate with, Like the show's representation for the "girl who has to be the best at everything that nobody wants to hang out with". A constant aggressor that tries to get a rise out of Twilight, partially for the sake of doing it, mainly for the sake of attention and acknowledgement, that one could assume she lacks.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

So about Trixie... 

I've been seeing a lot of love goin towards and annoying backround pony named Trixie and i don't see waht all the fuss is about. If i missed something about her that makes her so Great and Powerful please point it out. Until then I'm blind to the attraction.

• Brohoof 3

I can't speak for anyone else, but I like her because I think her character has a lot of potential and I see a lot of similarities between her and Twilight, my favorite pony. Aside from all that she's just very entertaining.

• Brohoof 4

Haaaaa background pony, I love that. Reminds me of the jokes about Applejack. Mostly because that's the same joke.

But seriously, Trixie is a good character who has a rough personality and an ego to match it that isn't evil but is just misguided. I like her because she's rough around the edges, but that's why I like most of the characters I like, like Rainbow Dash, Flim and Flam, and others. I like that against-the-grain personality.

• Brohoof 3

Because people enjoy the character.

That's all there is to it. It isn't really a very cool thing to tell people what they can and cannot enjoy. I, for one, hate Vinyl Scratch, but I don't go around smashing her and her fans for it. It'd be kind of silly, honestly :D

• Brohoof 2

I like Trixie for her showboating personality and that when you compare her to Twilight, those two have a very good relationship since she isn't evil anymore.

• Brohoof 3

I see a lot of similarities between her and Twilight

That's a good point. Trixie is what Twilight could become if her fate took some other path. She seems to have some potential in her, which is not being used to its best due to her overblown ego. But in a cute way. She boasts herself to the point it becomes funny and ridiculous ;) Trixie and Twilight complement each other very well. They both have powers, but use them differently. Twilight is modest about her talent to Magic; Twixie (oops, did I just write that? :P) on the other hoof, is bragging and boasting about her Magic. She cannot stand some pony could be better than her, and that's why Twilight is (was?) her Nemesis ;) Well played from the side of the writers. But since opposites attract, I think they could both ship well (Foe Yay Shipping). Thumbnails attached   ;)

01.03.03.png

Edit: Sorry for the lame background, I need to finish it...

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

Trixie is the only character in the show that I hate.

Snips and Snails are annoying, but they aren't as annoying and insufferable as Trixie.

Trixie is all of the worst qualities of Rainbow Dash amplified, and I hate both episodes that she's in. Just an all around awful character in my opinion

Edited by Rivendare

Basically the biggest thing is that Trixie is a textbook example of a 'Designated Villain'. She was only doing her job, that being entertaining ponies, when out of the blue 6 jackasses start heckling her. Not only that, but they criticize her IN THE MIDDLE OF HER ACT. If you've never done any public performance or speaking, this is the last thing you do to someone. If you have a problem with them, you deal with it off stage after the show. After ruining her show, they proceed to destroy her home, belittle her, and dare to try and pin their own instigation on her. And that was just in the FIRST episode she shows up in. In the second one, she makes good on her promise to become more powerful than Twilight, and instead of take her loss like an honorable person, Twilight cheats in order to humiliate her once more. Overall, most of the fandom who likes her feels sympathy because they too have been bullied, or they like the design/personality set forth by her.

• Brohoof 1