Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had to pick one genre of music outside of your main

Discordian

D-d-d-did you just say ska? I thought that the only people on this damn forum who liked ska was me and@@Envy,

Damn right, man. Choose ska, it's got some jazz elements in there. And do you REALLY need country?

Yeah, ska's awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JgnsrV3sNU

But you'd be surprised. The kind of country I'm into is some pretty unique stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I have tons of genres that i LOVE but if i had to choose just one out of them all.... I would have to go with Bluesy hard rock n' roll. Bands such as AC/DC, The Stones, Zeppelin, Clapton, Dire Straights, The Who, Creedance Clearwater Revival, The Black Crowes, Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Allman Brothers Band, and etc ;)

the video above explains ;)

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

D-d-d-did you just say ska? I thought that the only people on this damn forum who liked ska was me and@@Envy,

Damn right, man. Choose ska, it's got some jazz elements in there. And do you REALLY need country?

But let me clarify, I only really like Streetlight Manifesto and an earlier band that Thomas was the lead singer in - Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution.

I'm really not all of that into ska, I'm really just into the type that is Streetlight Manifesto. Other "ska" bands just don't do it for me. SM is something very unique in their own right. I don't even know if I'd personally call it ska, but that's by my definition.

• Brohoof 1

Hm..

Well my main is pretty much rock, a few metal songs i listen to, but not all that much.

If I'd have to choose another i'd probably have to say Jazz, or maybe country? I really only like to sing along to country, thats the main appealing thing to me.

I dunno though, I've already listened to a bit of both of those, I guess they're not my main considering the amount I listen to though lol.

I might be able to enjoy orchestra type music, since I play trumpet in High school band. Its pretty cool to listen to, but it kinda takes time for alot of those songs to grow onto you, and some of them I just feel are kinda long for my taste. But there is a few songs I've really liked, I do enjoy playing them much more though normally :P.

My main is progressive metal, and after that is... other types of metal, I guess?

Of course, I like a ton of other stuff, electronic, classic rock, punk, indie, a little rap, a little pop from various eras, cabaret, jazz, classical, tons of stuff.

But, if I had to choose a main, it'd be metal (nice and vague, probably covers about half of my music), and my second would be electronic. Leaves out a lot of stuff I love, but I'd survive :/

What's my main taste of music?

I dunno. It's so broad. I don't think there's any one genre of music I listen to. I listen to any music I think is good, whether it's rock, hip hop, indie, alternative. My only dislike is country, which I have no interest in getting into.

Edited by Zenith

Outside of prog rock and rock in general? now that's a though one. I want to say electronica, but there hasn't been anything that's grabbed my attention there lately.

Maybe just nortec than.

I listen to a lot of stuff - classic rock, progressive rock, some hard rock, jazz fusion and other variations of jazz, video game music, and little bits and pieces from other genres.

I think I'd pick classical for a genre outside of my main, actually. I listen to a little classical, but I've always wanted to get more into it. There's even some more modern classical tunes made by musicians like Frank Zappa (who I already listen to since he made music spanning over so many genres).

WELL!

For starters, I'll try anything once, so I could listen to anything without needing to like it.

Secondly, I actually do listen to any type of music, so I don't really have anything that I am attached to, so that's a thing.

And lastly, if on the contrary I'd have to pick one genre to stick with, I'd go with ethnic/indie, 'cause it usually calms me down.

But that's not saying I like that type of music the most, because for example I like both System Of A Down and Modest Mouse, or even some Israeli (my country) funk bands, or rock bands, or reggae bands, or online electronic music or.... the list goes on and on...

im not sure what my main is, since i listen to everything. but i could live with folk rock or country as my primary. i cant listen to the same type of music all the times. theres too many options, too many moods that cant be fulfilled with one genre.