Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has your OC/Ponysona changed appearance since you created them?

Vinyl Scratch.

My OC stardust has changed appearance twice since I first made him.

He was originally a mare and was just a rainbow dash recolor and really had nothing to do with anything (even the cutiemark was different) this was before I even had a name for my oc

mlpnova_s_custom_pony__fix__by_mlpnova-d

After I discovered Pony Creator I changed the look of my OC but I kept the color scheme, making him a stallion but keeping the mare face shape:

post-19005-0-99517000-1397570046_thumb.png

Soom after I decided I didn't like the darkness of the color scheme and changed it up and added a cutiemark finally settling on the name Stardust (And the cliche name of the year award goes to...)

FLotoBq.pngShout out to Moon Chaser for this amazing vector :3

And that's how I got to the current state of my OC :P

So has ponypony else done this? If so I'd love to hear about it :)

• Brohoof 3

Yes, I have changed my OC twice. My first ever OC was green and had a dirty blonde mane and tail because I wanted him to look like me, you know? But weeks pass and I decided to make a new OC, see profile pic for this one. More weeks pass and I finally stop making OC's and just decided to stick with Celsius, my ponysona, for good.

• Brohoof 1

Only once, just a little bit. I darkened the blue colour in my OC's mane and tail a little bit since I thought it was too light before. I also changed his hairstyle to the same style as Rainbow Dash has, except without her trademark rainbow colours, of course.

• Brohoof 1

Somewhat. It would be more accurate to say that I have a new OC that I see as my Ponysona, or at least, more than I did my previous one. But when I get the time, I'll write fanfics about all of them. Individually. Although I might write one where they all meet up, just to see what happens.

Hyper, use to be a pegasus with blue fur and lime green hair, also with a pair of headphone around his neck.

was also a sort of "hero" character who lived in ponyville -_-

(I don't know why either any more)

A lot of changes were made to make Hyper a bit more different from the crowd, now a pyromancer samurai with the most kick ass coat and katana :P

Also switched his position from being the hero to soldier,

being the super-soldier who can single handedly destroy an entire army is a stupid idea so I removed it.

and Hyper's home was moved to a fan-made village nearby Canterlot to support his postilion as a royal guard.

Thank goodness for the changes I made

Edited by Hyper

My OC is just a ponified version of me... With glasses, since I don't actually wear glasses IRL. xD

The original (2011 - last year):

myPony2.png

The version I use for my avatar (created last year). The cutie mark changed a bit to signify I like wind instruments! lol

ponymefix400.png

Although there is one more updated... The only changes because the Pony Creator removed everything I was using. =/ (and I'm incapable of drawing for myself. lol)

pony2014smaller.png

• Brohoof 2

I haven't changed my OC's appearance much...originally he was a zebra pegasus but I thought that was just too much. :P An ordinary zebra is all I need. I've always stuck with the bowler hat and scarf, although the scarf went from green to purple. Also the eye colour changed from blue to green. The original colours & wings were really short term though, only about a week later did I think to alter it. Back when I first doodled him I came up with griffin and pegasus designs, although the zebra is the one that I chose to stick with. :D

To get Everleaf the way she is it took a lot of changes

The first version was the size of Cadance also having her mane up with a French plat without her hoof things or anything a straight horn and smaller wings

second time made her taller that is about all 0-0

third time I added detail like vines and stuff and added her hoof things

fourth I changed her horn and ear shape

so on so on so a whole lot of times actually :)

Edited by Everleaf

Naw man, Cyan Blue is too fresh for that.

Shining Armor?

Righty Tighty, my OC, went from this:

img-2526660-1-righty_tighty__dead_space_

TO this:

img-2526660-2-broadcast_by_dattebayo681-

I just gave moved the colors in her hair around a bit and gave her hair a bit more..."bounce"

Lauren Faust?

Only thing I really changed about Gallantry was his cutie mark. It went from a generic looking shield to a mirror with a star shaped shine to it, though I did have a hard time deciding on whether or not he should have had purple streaks in his hair.  

Yup mine defiently has, and it may go through another change, since I wear glasses as well, I want to exaggerate that by giving her goggles at some point.

First complete drawing of my OC

LB1_zps974fbe3e.jpg

Second update (Changes: Larger ears, golden hooves, and she's become an alicorn, and increased the length/size of her tail)

LBOCFinal2_zpsded4faea.gif

Final since she likes to hide her alicorn profile from time to time

BlissyTavern1_zps67483631.png

Edited by Lightning Bliss
  • Brohoof 2

My OC/ponysona Midnight (who you can see in my avatar and sig) hasn't changed much, to be honest.

However, I did remake her Pony Creator design with a different cutie mark for a fan thing I was brainstorming:

img-2528067-1-KaIB6vq.jpg

(Of course the colors are a bit different, but that's because I didn't have her code and therefore had to remake her from scratch.)

I think I've decided that either her cutie mark would depend on the story, or the dragon will be for when she's my ponysona and the stars cutie mark will be for when she's a character.

(I guess I'd have to give her a different last name though, since she wouldn't have the dragon mark. Hmmm...)

Edited by Midnight Dragon
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't really changed mine much, originally it had black fur and NOW it has white fur (is it fur hair or a pelt cause I don't really know XD)
I have been looking for someone to draw it though if anyone's interested  ;) 

and for some reason, Ive been looking into adding an assassins's creed cloak  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by ShadowSpectrum

Eh, not so much. Different artists who have drawn him employ different styles, but he's remained largely the same. This was drawn by @ArtStreak, and was the first time somebody drew him:

NC9wZu5.png

His coffee bean cutie mark was just a placeholder as I hadn't decided upon one yet. His color scheme and the fact that he's a unicorn is all I had figured out at the time. Given that his personality is more or less the same as mine, he shares my love of coffee, so she drew him holding a cup. :lol:

silhouette_by_kelisah-d7bh3pf.png

^ That was drawn by Kelisah on DeviantArt after @Key Gear commissioned it. No cutie mark here.

tumblr_n3sa331FTN1sor6xuo1_1280.png

I commissioned this from @Casy. She is the fist to draw him with his cutie mark, which is a type of candlestick. Again, he is more or less unaltered save for what comes naturally from artists having different styles.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Pastel didn't get a name yet and had really bad anatomy. I think this was in Aug 2012.

post-25596-0-26353100-1397926585_thumb.jpg

She's earned her name and mane colors. A little more developed. Oct 2012

post-25596-0-72875600-1398147630_thumb.jpg

Looks a bit close to what she looks like now. Still not there. Nov 2012

post-25596-0-74836200-1397926496_thumb.jpg

Now! Basic design used since Dec 2012 and mane and tail colors changed within this last month.

post-25596-0-59023500-1397926827_thumb.png

Edit: Oops! I for got one from Oct 2012! I'll just put it up above ^^;

Edited by RainbowPastel
  • Brohoof 1