Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Whats with the Hate on Rainbow Power?

BookwormGomez

I don't think it's going to be a permanent design change to their designs.

I think it'll be more like their... sort of... "magical girl", powered-up forms. Something like that.

Like... "I call upon the power of Honesty" and bam, super-powered transformation.

HONESTY!

LOYALTY!

KINDNESS!

GENEROSITY!

LAUGHTER!

MAGIC!

But I think it will be fine, and alot of it is just doom saying. Faust admitted from the get go she wanted this to be a westernized "power girls" anime like sailor moon, so seeing it go full tilt like that isn't very surprising. 

• Brohoof 1

Problems with Rainbow Power:

• The rainbow ponies look awful.  If it's permanent, a lot of people will be angry.
  • It's kind of very corny.
  • It's a blatant attempt at selling toys.  I know all if it supposed to be for the toy business, but this is pretty low.

HONESTY!

LOYALTY!

KINDNESS!

GENEROSITY!

LAUGHTER!

MAGIC!

But I think it will be fine, and alot of it is just doom saying. Faust admitted from the get go she wanted this to be a westernized "power girls" anime like sailor moon, so seeing it go full tilt like that isn't very surprising. 

If they actually do something like that (yelling out their elements to transform) than that'll be some epic narm. I personally dislike this rainbow power at the very least cuz I think they look terrible.

Theres a lot of other things:

Vinyl Scratches eyes

Derpygate

Feeling pinkie keen

and many many other

oh yeah, those too, hell, a slight change in the show and everypony loses their minds

Aw come on, rainbow power looks awesome! (If not an obvious toy selling mechanism) :3

I'm definitely more troubled about part 2 of the finale though.

Edited by crazitaco

I think the rainbow power designs are pretty cool. And by the looks of it, it's got two stages. It's like they all become friggen super-sayians.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jITlW9VTGGo/Usswyl_LvGI/AAAAAAABqKQ/amYZ_WC1qEc/s1600/1.jpg

Yeah, some of them have bigger hair than others.  I must admit, Rainbow Dash would be an eyesore flying.  They probably thought that one through.

Hopefully this is just me, but I also noticed that the flying Twilight sticker looks like the other princesses.  Notice the head shape, eye shape, and horn length.  The wings may be a little larger, too.  For comparison, the current Twilight:

Twilight_falling_again_S4E01.png

Next Twilight upgrade should be six-legged alicorn Twi

The other Twilight sticker appears normal except for the Rainbow Powers.  Also, your picture could always be a hoax.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Well, I did liked the colors of the RP, but I'd rather have their mane stay the same way, like the commercials. While some of their mane changes in the show weren't too bad, others like Rarity's, Flutty's and Dashie's huge mane felt out of place

The problem with Rainbow Power is that it came out of the great white nowhere.

The power itself received no backstory, no explanation, and was only built up tangentially.

Honestly, I hope they get around to explaining how the RP works in season 5.

• Brohoof 1

I don't dislike Rainbow power as a concept. It's basically the same dues ex machina type thing as the elements of harmony. I just think they look dumb. They're over designed and busy. It takes a base that looks good in its simplicity and tacks on a bunch of hair and sparkles.

At any rate, it probably won't come back, as the magical box is gone.

Edited by Banul

HONESTY!

LOYALTY!

KINDNESS!

GENEROSITY!

LAUGHTER!

MAGIC!

Oh gosh the Nostalgic feels

I could totally see it becoming like a magical girl show, Maybe a certain Incubator could show up and help them with the paperwork

twilight_sparkle_meets_kyubey_by_nightgr

I don't dislike Rainbow power as a concept. It's basically the same dues ex machina type thing as the elements of harmony. I just think they look dumb. They're over designed and busy. It takes a base that looks good in its simplicity and tacks on a bunch of hair and sparkles.

At any rate, it probably won't come back, as the magical box is gone.

That word again!

It's not Deus ex Machina. You had a season long arc about opening the box. Whatever the heck came out of the box, be it Rainbow Power or a ice cream pooping chinchilla, it would not have qualified as DeM. It was foreshadowed. That alone eliminates it as a DeM.

There is actually another term for for what the RP was, but no one uses it in blogs or YouTube or TvTropes so it never became a buzzword.

That word again!

It's not Deus ex Machina. You had a season long arc about opening the box. Whatever the heck came out of the box, be it Rainbow Power or a ice cream pooping chinchilla, it would not have qualified as DeM. It was foreshadowed. That alone eliminates it as a DeM.

There is actually another term for for what the RP was, but no one uses it in blogs or YouTube or TvTropes so it never became a buzzword.

Your right, macguffin probably fits it better. Point I was trying to make is that it's not all that different from the elements.