Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do snipers ruin games for you?

Kurai

When I'm playing a game that has a sniper, I find it fun and challenging. Unless your an idiot and sit in one spot. Seriously? I can just go around and ambush you.

I'm would what you would call a true Sniper. I find a decent sized hill or tall building, get into position, and pick off one maybe two targets before I move. I never sit in one spot for very long. I will never go to that same spot twice in a game. I am constantly on the move.

But I'm not just a sniper. I provide Intel on enemy positions, whereabouts, and provide cover fire. I am a true Sniper.

I like how Titanfall has largely made it difficult to sit in one place and snipe.

Team Fortress 2 also makes sniping enjoyable, but have quite a skill curve to it. You're super-vulnerable, but you're the only class with no long-distance falloff. The worst of snipers clog up a team and do absolutely nothing useful. Then, the rare best of snipers simply walk all over the whole server. That second case is EXTREMELY rare though; and it's honestly more impressive than annoying when it does happen.

(edited)
noob tube

I love killing them with RPGs, nothing is more satisfy hearing them scream and cry because you buzz killed them or interrupted their precious feed  with a good 'ol boom

Edited by Ritan Kurai

Not at all, its part of the game. If you know where a sniper is posted, its a test of skill to play around that, and if its a competently designed map, there should be more than one way to get to their position and take them out. Just running in blind and complaining that snipers are OP and ruining the game just shows a lack of awareness and adaptability. Personally i suck with sniper rifles, but have nothing but respect for players who can utilise it properly.

but maybe that's just my way of seeing it.

I love killing them with RPGs, nothing is more satisfy hearing them scream and cry because you buzz killed them or interrupted their precious feed  with a good 'ol boom

haha, I know right? :squee:

I also love sitting where they usually sit, hide in a corner and wait for them to come back. :yay:

(edited)
I also love sitting where they usually sit, hide in a corner and wait for them to come back.

Free headshots right there.  :lol:

Edited by Ritan Kurai

If anything snipers should really be looked at in these games. I think snipers in DayZ are quite balanced. You have a lot to accommodate for. There's bullet drop (which almost every single FPS lacks), the bullet can be affected by wind, and the grouping is what it should be. That's Arma though, one of the most regarded military simulators. Call of Duty doesn't care as long as it's similar. They will never go into such detail, and if they do "veteran" snipers will get mad because they like the easy way better.