Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rarity looking for love in all the wrong places?

Forlong

Something I've been thinking for a while.  Rarity is really doing bad at looking for love.  The only two stallions she has openly showed romantic interest in were...

Rarity_imagines_Prince_Blueblood_S1E26.p

...an egotistical brat...

Trenderhoof_smiling_S4E13.png

...and a moronic prat.

Before anypony says anything about Fancy Pant, Rarity showed no romantic interest in him, just respect.  He's probably spoken for.  Fleur de Lis had to be there for some reason.  She might have some attraction for Thunderlane, but it might just be her reacting to having her life saved.

My point is that the dudes she's most interested in are the absolute worst for her.  For a relationship to work between two ponies, they have to compliment each other's traits and bring out the best in the other.  Rarity needs a man that will help bring out her natural creativity and generosity, while helping her be less melodramatic.  No prizes for guessing who I think that stallion is.

184360__safe_rarity_shipping_straight_hu

This is going to result in Rarity bashing again, isn't it?

But well, yeah. The stallions she had a crush on so far are the worst ones she could have chosen. She needs someone who is like her. Someone who respects her and her passions. Someone intelligent. Someone that can keep up with her dominant personality. Someone who will not exploit her generosity. (Yes i know, she is not generous... yaddayadda >_> )

Many people said in the past that Rares is a gold digger. Funny thing is, she has to be wary of gold diggers. She is exceptionally successful and famous and can in the truest sense of the word dig up wealth from the very earth at will.

She deserves a truly caring, passionate and good-hearted lover. Someone that is like her, like i said.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity is definitely guilty of taking the celebrity crush one step too far. She tends to be let down when the reality doesn't quite meet up to her fantasised expectations.

I mean, I fan-crush on Tom Hiddleston. (As does half the female internet.) If I actually met and interacted with him, would I expect him to reciprocate that, or be in any way, shape or form like how I imagined? Pfffft. No. He seems like a nice person, but his real self is probably not going to be the same as his public persona. When you project expectations onto real people, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. It's actually a really important lesson to teach little girls. (And men, for that matter. The amount of times I've been thrown into the 'manic pixie dream girl' role...)

Rarity will find love somewhere she least expects it, and probably quite by accident. As Obsidian Sky said, she needs someone intelligent, respectful and who shares (or at least respects) her artistic passions.

I also don't think she's that interested in looking. She's a romantic, and she'll certainly pursue a crush, but for the most part she seems content making her own roads through life. Romance seems to be a thing which takes place solely in her head.

• Brohoof 4

I'd just like to point out that "Manatee" is best Rarity ship...

Rarity really seems to have odd relationships with inanimate objects...

I mean, I fan-crush on Tom Hiddleston.

Even as a heterosexual male, I can't blame you.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but I think that's because in addition to being occasionally melodramatic she is also a hopeless romantic and while not necessarily a bad thing, this does tend to give her a few unrealistic expectations which blinds her to the negative possibilities of her crush not panning out with her initial expectations like Blueblood being a self-centered jerk or Trenderhoof falling for AJ over her. 

Eeyup. She has a tendency to fall for guys who could give less a shit about her, especially when there's one little guy who she ususally friendzones even though he does anything he can to win her heart 

Has nobody taking notice of sparity?

Inspiration manifestation showed that it was back on.

But still, spike is a baby and rarity is a full grown mare.

Alright so maybe no sparity

Eeyup. She has a tendency to fall for guys who could give less a shit about her, especially when there's one little guy who she ususally friendzones even though he does anything he can to win her heart 

The problem is, even if you ignore the age difference, i don't think that Spike would be a good match for Rares. Like i said she has a very strong, dominant personality, she needs someone on her level, not a submissive puppy like spike.

I doubt he could handle her.

• Brohoof 2

The problem is, even if you ignore the age difference, i don't think that Spike would be a good match for Rares. Like i said she has a very strong, dominant personality, she needs someone on her level, not a submissive puppy like spike.

Yeah I guess that's another thing to think about.

Somepony who's elegant and mature enough

Hm. The problem is that she hasn't met me yet  B) 

But yeahh, and the people here are acting like A.) she's doing a bad thing and B.) she DOES have a bit of fame herself.

While not being on the same level of those two douchebags you listed, her celebrity clientele (Sapphire Shores) along with the names she knows in the fashion business (Photo Finish, Hoity Toity, etc.) and being invited to participate in fashion week (Rarity Takes Manehattan) she has quite a presence in the business, ergo, giving her a bit of fame as well.

Furthermore, does it really matter? Sure, she fell for the two wrong ones so far, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing. She simply, as you said, is looking in the wrong places, and knowing what kind of pony she is, she'll straighten up and find me the right guy eventually :D

However, the people saying Spike:

Has nobody taking notice of sparity?
Inspiration manifestation showed that it was back on.

But still, spike is a baby and rarity is a full grown mare.
Alright so maybe no sparity

• Brohoof 2

Yeah that's the thing about crushes, more often than not they're completely baseless and won't work. Still, you have to applaud her for at least trying. If you never try to at least check your crushes out and see if they might be compatible you might be waiting for love, in the words of Pinkie: "FOREVER". Rarity knows whats up, she knows that biological clock is ticking.

(edited)

My take on it is Spike isn't so much submissive, he's really trying to get her to like him, so he ends up agreeing with her and doing everything she asks as we just saw in "IM". He doesn't act that way with any of his other friends, so if he'd start acting that way with Rarity they'd work out very nicely together. We'll see if the writers follow up on Spike learning this lesson, or if its forgotten and he goes back to his usual behavior next season!

As for the original topic, I just don't know - which is part of the reason I end up pairing Rarity with Spike by default. There simply aren't enough well-developed stallions in the series to pair Rarity off with, and the ones that do have some character development are either not compatible with Rares (Soarin' and Big Mac) or just outright jerks.

Thunderlane might be OK for her, but we basically don't know anything about him, yet.

Edited by TruffleShuffle

She's more mare than most stallions can handle.

Rarity_vector_by_HelgiH.png

Hm. The problem is that she hasn't met me yet  B) 

Oh, well that much is obvious, ghost.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think you all know my feelings on this, she has met the right person (or should I say Dragon):post-24783-0-25637600-1398953792_thumb.png

Sparity rules!

;)

My love for that fictional cartoon unicorn is stronger than anything those two twats could EVER provide :muffins:

You know, that's the first time I've ever heard an American use the word tw*t Edited by Rarity Paige Belle
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Oh my gosh. They're gonna link this back to Spike, aren't they? Like, they're gonna have Rarity realize that Spike's unrequited crush on her is reflective of her unrequited crush on...whoever she's crushing on that day of the week, and then we have a lesson about that, and they will remain happily in the friendzone from then on.

I'd be cool with that. Of course, I'd also like them to get together when Spike is older, and yes, I'd totally think that couple would work.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

You know, that's the first time I've ever heard an American use the word tw*t

Cor blimey, i say everybody should use more bloody british stock phrases, old chap! Just slam some in your sentences, and you sound 20% more classy, and bobs your uncle, i say!

• Brohoof 2

The ideal match for Rarity is someone who is passionate and fashionable, creative, and kind and generous. 

profile_elusive_by_trotsworth-d3f8q5s.pn

Yes, in other words, a male version of herself. 

It would even fit in with her sense of vanity.

• Brohoof 3

The ideal match for Rarity is someone who is passionate and fashionable, creative, and kind and generous. 

profile_elusive_by_trotsworth-d3f8q5s.pn

Yes, in other words, a male version of herself. 

It would even fit in with her sense of vanity.

You mispelled "ghostie," hawk :D

• Brohoof 1

Well if you're going to lose Rarity to another guy, it might as well be to a male version of herself, right? :lol:

GASP

shocked_rarity_by_psyxofthoros-d5kyxnc.p

How COULD you even imply such a thing! Rarighost forever! 

THAT'S looking in the right places :D Your shipping preferences are irrelevant, Rarighost is everyone's OTP :D

(Also, every time I post an image, I feel the need to spoiler it because of the fan club... :D )

• Brohoof 1