Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would Rarity And Rainbow Dash Respect/Like You As A Friend Or Even More?

GXPBlast

(edited)

Notice: I understand some bronies are very attached to each pony so if somebody does not agree with you please dont start debating them. Please use this thread to discuss how they would treat you personally and not start a debate or war between each other. Thank You

If you were to meet Rainbow Dash or Rarity (It can be either the Equestria Girls or Pony world as their personalities would be the same with you being the same species being human or pony) and get to know them and try to befriend them would they like you or look down upon you? When making your decision try to avoid how humans on our world treat people and base your decision only upon how they have acted and treated others in the show only.

I have chose Rarity and Rainbow Dash because many bronies notice that they both can be arrogant, brash, judgmental, and rude at times compared to the rest of the mane 6. Despite their flaws both Rarity and Rainbow Dash are very loyal and generous to their friends although they can have their downsides.

Even if they are you favorite character in the show and you would love to be their friend or be in a relationship with them, realistically based upon just how they are in the show, how would they treat you personally? Sure they can show their negatives around their friends, but in the end they will always back them up no matter what.

Here are some questions I have for you guys and feel free to answer them to the best of your ability.

Say your an average guy who is a good moraled person, kind of shy but will open up to somebody when you get to know them, but have nothing in common in terms of interests when it comes to Rarity and Rainbow Dash. The only thing you two might have in common is that you are a loyal/generous person. Kind of like how all the ponies of the mane 6 have conflicting interests but have other morale's in common. Would you be liked by both these characters personally or would they dislike you even though you love them back and if you truly told them they are awesome and beautiful or you just liked them for who they are, based on your interests or if you a just not as outgoing as Rarity and Rainbow Dash would they look down upon you for that and put you down?

Lets just say when you meet them you start to blush and act all shy around them because you like them alot and fear you will be judged negatively and want to make a great first impression, would Rarity or Rainbow Dash be flattered by that and let you know its okay and they wont judge you or would they find you pathetic and look down upon that?

If you somehow manged to get into a relationship with either of the ponies or their human counterparts would they be a good girlfriend despite your flaws such as not being super into sports or being kind of sensitive as a guy or any other thing that would not make you not fully compatible with either girl/mare and would they still love you for it as your positives as a boyfriend would outnumber any negatives that might not make you fully compatible with either of them?

Would both these girls/mares (depending on which world your in) laugh at you or dislike being around you. Basically like some girls in our world do today and act like a bitch. Or despite their flaws in the show, would Rarity and Rainbow Dash not be as cruel as girls in our world and be more understanding to your lack of similar interests such as sports and fashion and will befriend you as long as your a well moraled person who really likes them both?

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 2

I'm the sort who can befriend most to at least a casual level. I'm really easy to get along with, I'm told, even if I'm not a favorite.

I think you did hit the nail on the head though, with their characters, of the six Rarity and Dashie are probably the most judgmental of others, Dashie plainly and Rarity behind kind words. Not a bad thing by any means since they're good people besides, they just like choosing their friends carefully.

inb4 hordes of fans of both ponies saying that isn't the case.

• Brohoof 1

It really depends on the situation for me. During my highschool years, I was quite the "party" kid. So if I were to meet rairty or dash in their human forms, they would most likely just be jotted down for a one night stand, and ignored if they proved to challenging in that area.

However if I met them as ponies, in some sort of inter-universe delegation I could become friends with them, as I have been able to make friends with "upper tier" people in person rather easily.

• Brohoof 1

That isn't the case.

As much desire as Rarity has displayed of wanting to fit in with the elite, she's also showed no qualms in talking to any pony whatsoever. Hell, she even ditched the Canterlot Elite for her true friends in "Sweet & Elite." 

While she has her moments, she's got a great sense of judgement and will be anypony's friend if they desire :D

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I have noticed both these characters are disliked due to their negative traits by some bronies. However, with some bronies its not that they dont like them personally, but the fact that since they may never meet their standards and would fear that they would be rejected by Rarity or Rainbow Dash so they end up hating them. Other bronies look up to Rarity and Rainbow Dash because they have qualities that they will never have and thus look up to them but in reality fear they would not be liked by them.

Its kind of like wishing you would meet you favorite celebrity and befriend them or look up to somebody famous because they have qualities you dont have that you wish you had.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

Hahaha, the red description.

I give my respects to Rarity, and I think Rarity will do the same. I have more in common with Rarity than Rainbow Dash, but I'm sure I can at least get along.

I have very high standards of music and clothing, so of course I can get along with Rarity quite well. But I also workout 5 times a week in a strict manner more like RD. I don't think any person should fit into a certain mold or expectation, you never know who you might get along with.

(edited)

Hahaha, the red description.

I had to add that to keep things civil between bronies. With a thread like this and with big fanbases with Rarity and Rainbow Dash, its bound to stir up arguing lol. So I put that notice there to prevent debating and to keep the thread on topic.

Edited by GXPBlast

(edited)

Both would probably dislike that I'm fat and lazy but I think after a while I'd grow on them.

Dash would take a while since I'd have to find some common ground with her but we'd soon enough become buddies. 

Rare might take a little longer. First off because I'm a bit slobbish and grew up getting the not letting others' opinions of me get the better of me pounded into me everytime I had to beat back a bully just to get them to lay off or defend myself. I'm quite over weight, out of shape, haven't shave my beard/stash in a while and don't like to brush my hair and thanks to some pretty bad nose bleeds have a slight fear of bleeding anywhere from my face that gets in the way of other specific hygiene though I try to work around that fear with the more liquidy products associated with that particular part of the body. Secondly rare's my waifu and I'm a lonely hopeless romantic (tons of romantic ideas on how to win a lady's heart, not brave enough to overcome the anger problem that keeps me single.). I'd probably try to win her over by well playing things spike's way maybe throwing a bit of heroics and some late night seranades and if need be allowing her to refine both my behavior (manners and such) and my looks slighty in compromise that I look/act better but that it's more extreme makeover than a "total different person all together" makeover. This would mean probably a few tub drownings (in the more "I'mma scrub you til you shine brighter than tia's hoofshoes" way not the other (clop) way (meaning I'm not thinking dirty I'm thinking she'll see somepony looking like they swam in a garbage bin and have to clean them (me in this case) up herself so she knows that they are clean)). 

I know my intellect and musical research as well as instinctual knowledge would be useful in helping them like me, though might be hard to convince to hang with a nerd.  

Pretty much in my fanfic I'm dashes sparring partner, training partner, and somewhat rival whereas rare's heroic roomate/boyfriend. Only difference is I don't have super powers/ an interplaner traveling tv remote and I'm about 5'4 instead of 1/4 of an inch tall. but I'd find some way to work with those limitations of the need/oppertunity (human in equestria situation) arose.

Edited by Cimarronboy

(edited)

Rarity and I would clash heads a little. I would most likely come across as a uncouth, brutish farmboy and I would see her as a stuck up snob from time to time. But opposites attract and we would eventually grow on eachother....like a tumor. In honesty, get past our main personality differences and we would get along fine

Dashie and I would get along quite well. We are both quite competitive, both extraordinarily lazy when the time calls for it, have a love for reading .etc

Edited by Kurai

Rarity and I would probably get along like a house on fire... I've been told I have very good diction. I'm not very athletic, though, so Rainbow probably wouldn't like me immediately, but I'd win her over.

So, I will start by saying that almost everyone I know likes me.. As a matter of fact, I can't think of someone who doesn't like me from the top of my head :P And I know a lot of different types of people. So, I will just answer the questions.

Would you be liked by both these characters personally or would they dislike you even though you love them back and if you truly told them they are awesome and beautiful or you just liked them for who they are, based on your interests or if you a just not as outgoing as Rarity and Rainbow Dash would they look down upon you for that and put you down?

They would like me, yes. I love clothes, so I would have a shared interest with rarity. I also like classy stuff, and red wine is my baverage of choice. Rainbow dash would love me because I love humour, and we would be laughing a lot, I'm sure of that.

Lets just say when you meet them you start to blush and act all shy around them because you like them alot and fear you will be judged negatively and want to make a great first impression, would Rarity or Rainbow Dash be flattered by that and let you know its okay and they wont judge you or would they find you pathetic and look down upon that?

I'm quite certain they will be flattered.. Rarity loves a compliment like no other, and rainbow will just think she is cool enough to make you blush.. Yeah, they will be flattered.

If you somehow manged to get into a relationship with either of the ponies or their human counterparts would they be a good girlfriend despite your flaws such as not being super into sports or being kind of sensitive as a guy or any other thing that would not make you not fully compatible with either girl?

Eh, these two wouldn't be my personal first choice, but let's see.. I think I would be more compatible with rarity, because I'm not into sports AT ALL! And as I stated earlier, I like classy stuff. I'm not sure if I would be truly compatible with either of them..

Would they still love you for it as your positives as a boyfriend would outnumber any negatives that might not make you fully compatible with either of them?

I think, yes they would..

(edited)

So, I will start by saying that almost everyone I know likes me.. As a matter of fact, I can't think of someone who doesn't like me from the top of my head :P And I know a lot of different types of people. So, I will just answer the questions.

Would you be liked by both these characters personally or would they dislike you even though you love them back and if you truly told them they are awesome and beautiful or you just liked them for who they are, based on your interests or if you a just not as outgoing as Rarity and Rainbow Dash would they look down upon you for that and put you down?

They would like me, yes. I love clothes, so I would have a shared interest with rarity. I also like classy stuff, and red wine is my baverage of choice. Rainbow dash would love me because I love humour, and we would be laughing a lot, I'm sure of that.

I'm quite certain they will be flattered.. Rarity loves a compliment like no other, and rainbow will just think she is cool enough to make you blush.. Yeah, they will be flattered.

If you somehow manged to get into a relationship with either of the ponies or their human counterparts would they be a good girlfriend despite your flaws such as not being super into sports or being kind of sensitive as a guy or any other thing that would not make you not fully compatible with either girl?

Eh, these two wouldn't be my personal first choice, but let's see.. I think I would be more compatible with rarity, because I'm not into sports AT ALL! And as I stated earlier, I like classy stuff. I'm not sure if I would be truly compatible with either of them..

Would they still love you for it as your positives as a boyfriend would outnumber any negatives that might not make you fully compatible with either of them?

I think, yes they would..

That is good to hear but lets just say that you dont have anything in common in terms of what you enjoy. So lets just say your an average guy who is a good moraled person, kind of shy but will open up to somebody when you get to know them, but have nothing in common in terms of interests when it comes to Rarity and Rainbow Dash. The only thing you two might have in common is that you are a loyal/generous person. Kind of like how all the ponies of the mane 6 have conflicting interests but have other morale's in common.

Edited by GXPBlast

I think I would only befriend Rarity, not Rainbow Dash.

Rarity is social, kind, careful, I believe I can get along with her very well.

Rainbow Dash is my favorite mane 6, but I'm sure I can't befriend her. She's competitive, athletic, this simply can't work. :P

• Brohoof 1

well the topic being about rainbow and or rarity respecting or befriending it would be for me if they just have to meet me which my explanation of how I made friends in my life was surprisingly they just walked up and said let's be friends which is random. :o

(edited)

I gfdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

That is good to hear but lets just say that you dont have anything in common in terms of what you enjoy. So lets just say your an average guy who is a good moraled person, kind of shy but will open up to somebody when you get to know them, but have nothing in common in terms of interests when it comes to Rarity and Rainbow Dash. The only thing you two might have in common is that you are a loyal/generous person. Kind of like how all the ponies of the mane 6 have conflicting interests but have other morale's in common.

Uh, yeah I think they would still respect me.. and vice versa. They might be the more "picky" ponies, but they still value loyalty.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a guy in this scenario? Cool.

I wouldn't date them, but I think we could be bros for life and hang out and have fun. Despite what some people think, both Rarity and Rainbow Dash are rather nice. I think they wouldn't mind being my friend, and vice-versa.

(edited)

Uh, yeah I think they would still respect me.. and vice versa. They might be the more "picky" ponies, but they still value loyalty.

Yep I am sure both Rainbow Dash and Rarity would be nice but I just hope they are not as "picky" as real life judgemental people are like in our world. Although I have seen Rainbow Dash and Rarity act kind of rude at times, I have yet to see them treat somebody who is a stranger in both the Eqestria Girls and the Pony Universe negatively despite the stranger being respectful and actually liking both Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

Again this is what I have seen in the show. In real life, I would hope the would not be those type of girls or mares who would look down upon the guys who are kind of shy or are not super aggressive, or just dont have the qualities similar to them hence fashion or being super athletic. The only time I would assume both Rarity and Rainbow Dash would be genuinely rude to somebody is if they were rude back to them. But if the somebody like many bronies who are Rarity of Rainbow Dash fans had some qualities that are lacking but are good people and have alot of positives such as always being there for a friend, being nice, and having common sense smarts, I would hope they would be just the same back to and befriend us under first impressions.

In real life some girls or even guys would judge people negatively and look down upon people who might be shy or just dont have the qualities that they are looking for in a friend while not looking at the postives.

But since we are looking at the EQ universe and Pony universe only putting aside how humans in our world behave in terms of judging people, I am not 100% how it would play out. The only time I seen Rarity and Rainbow Dash being rude in the goal of hurting someones feelings is if the person or pony was rude to the initially and did not try to befriend them but not people/ponies who might have lacking qualities but are in general an overall good person/pony.

Sure they can be judgmental and somewhat cocky around their friends and other ponies/people, but from what I seen its kind of like in our world when friends make fun of each other with no intent of harm or make somebody genuinely feel bad. I would think though that the rudeness at times that they both portray is nothing compared to what humans in our world have done to each other even if its all in good fun. Being Hasbro and a family show, I dont think they would show those harsh jokes and full blown nastiness humans personalities can be in our world so I would hope Rarity and Rainbow Dash would be much less judgmental and forgiving compared to the harsh ways humans in our world can treat each other even among friends.

Edited by GXPBlast

I could be friends with both of them though I probably wouldn't be nearly as close to Rarity as I would to Rainbow Dash so a "more than friends" scenario is much more likely with Rainbow Dash in my case. I am not too interested in fashion but have nothing against it per se but I like Rarity do have an artistic/creative side but the overly dramatic side would probably get on my nerves at times and might cause us to occasionally butt heads much like how Rarity and Applejack sometimes do (the really hilarious thing is our arguments would probably be almost exactly the same). Like Rainbow Dash I am an athlete though more of a power based one like Applejack, I am not so much into watching sports (I find playing them to be more fun) except for wrestling which Rainbow Dash would probably like. I don't share her arrogance or place too much importance on rep so she would be a bit of a fixer upper as far as relationships go should it go farther than friendship but I could see one between us actually working even if I am more an Applejack guy.

Rainbow reminds me of my friend minus the athleticness. I might be friends with them. I think I remind myself of Fluttershy a bit just not nearly as shy. I might be friends. Let me know when they come and we'll see.

I think my love for sports would land me some respect from Rainbow Dash, though it might also be hurt on account that I can't really do sports anymore.  (Too much abuse from the good ol' days).

As for Rarity, I have no interest in the fashion world, or what it thinks of my sense of it.  It might be possible that the respect would be earned from acts of generosity and favors, much like in the Manehatten episode.

Another option (for either one) could be on account of earning respect and friendship from one of the other Mane 6 members first.  They'd have more opportunities to see and interact with me, and possibly befriend me as a result.

I find this topic kind of amusing. I'm very, very similar to Fluttershy, and Flutterdash and Flarity are two very popular ships :P

I think i would be friends with both of them, because i am very easy to get along with and have a wide variety of friends. I don't think dashie and i would be close in the way that dashie and flutters are, because we wouldn't have grown up together, and the two of us don't have much in the way of common interests. Rarity i could see being best friends with, we could share our love of the finer things and she could dress me up and stuff.

As for anything more happening, if i were single or rarity were a polyamorous bi or pansexual (and we were all the same species), i could see it :P