Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy's Family?

Hovershy

Fluttershy's family has not been mentioned once throughout four seasons. What gives? The parents of the other mane 6 have all been atleast mentioned or seen once. Do you think she even has a family? Are her parents still living in Cloudsdale? Will we ever see them?

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle's parents = seen

Rarity's parents = seen

Pinkie Pie's parents = seen

Rainbow Dash's parents = unknown

Apple Jack's parents = unknown

Fluttershy's parents = unknown

Am I forgetting something, or have we never had sight or mention of AJ's or Dashie's parents either?

Rarity's parents = seen

Am I forgetting something, or have we never had sight or mention of AJ's or Dashie's parents either?

It's pretty much certain that AJs parents have passed on. They weren't at the latest Apple Family Reunion, and those two shooting stars were confirmed by the writers as representing them.

For RD, we've seen a stallion who is almost certainly her father, but no one who could have been her mother.

post-2257-0-59592900-1400372900_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

It's pretty much certain that AJs parents have passed on. They weren't at the latest Apple Family Reunion, and those two shooting stars were confirmed by the writers as representing them.

For RD, we've seen a stallion who is almost certainly her father, but no one who could have been her mother.

attachicon.gifbscap0168.jpg

The mare to the left has Dash's eye color. 

• Brohoof 2

Twilight's parents were seen and I hope they as well as Shining Armor are shown in season 5, Pinkie's family was seen and I hope they're shown again as well, Rarity's parents were shown and I hope they appear again, I would like to see Fluttershy's and Rainbow Dash's parents if they are alive, as for Applejack, I believe her parents passed away, but I could be wrong.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity's parents = seen

Think we mighthave seen rainbows parent in games ponys play

I'd really love to learn about Fluttershy's parents...and the same goes for Rainbow Dash and Applejack. I know it won't happen but part of me wants to believe Firefly is Dash's mom...and if not, my head canon still likes to imagine some kind of relationship between them. The rainbow maned stallion has to be either her father or brother. As for Applejack...that'd be one emotional episode, maybe "too sad" for a kid's show by Hasbro's standards. But who knows. I'd like to see them take on tough issues like that.

• Brohoof 1

I'd love to see an episode about Fluttershy's family. What woud they be like? Would they like animals as well? Would they be kind, or complete jerks? 

Applejack's parents seem to be either deceased, or not at the farm. I'm not sure if we'll learn about them in the future or not.

As for Rainbow Dash, I believe that Rainbow Blaze is her father. 

attachicon.gifbscap0168.jpg

I think her mother may be the purple pegasus with the pink hair. She is the only other pegasus acknowledging Dash, and she has the same eye color.

(edited)

She's was a bg pony in Sonic Rainboom working at the weather factory(and probably a few times afterwards). I highly doubt it's her mother or they would've brought it up otherwise. If it is her mother then that's just incredibly lazy on the staff's part

As for Fluttershy's parents, I want to say one of them is an earth pony, and that her mother is the complete opposite of FS in terms of personality

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

I would like to think that Fluttershy's parents are like one of the few richest ponies in Equestria.  Fluttershy doesn't bring up her parents for a few reasons: I can see her Mom as a talker and constantly hushes Fluttershy for making a peep.  Also Fluttershy doesn't bring up her parents because she doesn't want other ponies constantly harassing her for money.  But that's just my head cannon stuff.

(edited)

She's was a bg pony in Sonic Rainboom working at the weather factory(and probably a few times afterwards). I highly doubt it's her mother or they would've brought it up otherwise. If it is her mother then that's just incredibly lazy on the staff's part

As for Fluttershy's parents, I want to say one of them is an earth pony, and that her mother is the complete opposite of FS in terms of personality

Many background ponies are copies that appear in multiple episodes. It doesn't mean that the writers and animators intend them to be the same pony every time.

I think her mother may be the purple pegasus with the pink hair. She is the only other pegasus acknowledging Dash, and she has the same eye color.

It's a possibility, but eye colour is much less of a distinguishing feature than having a rainbow mane. If your headcanon is that mare is Dash's mother, that's fine, but I wouldn't say for certain that she is. Not without a bit more confirmation, at least.

I just reread my earlier post, and I probably shouldn't have said "but  no one who could be her mother". I meant "no one we definitely know is her mother."

Edited by SolarFox

I remember had an avatar that represents what really could have been Fluttershy's mother, but I can't find it. :(

Anyway, I think Fluttershy's parents were very different from her, maybe they were harsh and severe.

• Brohoof 1

Come to think of it, there's something that could be introduced in S5. RD has her father appear, and we know AJ's parents are passed (sadly). Come to think of it, Fluttershy has no connections to parents yet. We'll see where this goes.

In my mind Fluttershy's family were very mean to her and just plain jerks, this is why Shy is so, shy, of everypony. Also why she prefers the company of animals, they can't treat her badly like other ponies can. I'm really hoping in S5 we get to see more pony parents/family because non of them have gotten the screen time they deserve.

(edited)

One head canon I've read is that Pegesis are all orphans, I doubt that, or her parenta are dead. I don't see DHX/Hasbro having two sets of dead parents, so scratch that one too. Other thing that is bandy-about is Scootoloo's situation and how we never see her parents or until recently her home. Connections are often made between her situation and Fluttershy.

The other thing to think about is why would we see the parents of independent young adults anyway? We saw Rarity's parents because we were introduced to SweetieBell, who's still living with her parents. Twilight's parents were seen at the wedding and coronation, which makes sense, but they never interacted with their kids. Pinkie Pie was a flashback. My point is that there were reasons when we saw parents and for the other characters we've just not had the right vehicle for them to show up.

With all that said, I do agree that Fluttershy may not have been very close to her parents, or maybe she was the youngest of several children, and as a weak flyer, was shunned.

Edited by Nature's Spell