Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do so many people hate Twist?

DukeofCanterlot

(edited)

I have seen Twist on a lot of worst pony lists.

Is it because of her lisp?
Is it because she got her cutie mark and Apple Bloom didn't in "Call of the Cutie"?

I'm trying to understand the Twist hate..

It's not like she's Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon (those two mercilessly bully the CMC).. don't really understand the hate.

Edited by DukeofCanterlot
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

It's because she abandoned Applebloom when she got her cutie mark. >_>

edit: nevermind, she didn't abandon her, I guess they just stopped talking.

Edited by Hovershy
  • Brohoof 4

Well you can't know for sure that they aren't still on good terms. They might just be primarily school-friends and don't really hang out much outside of class. Only so many resources they can dedicate to putting cool stuff in an episode, they've probably written Twist off from speaking roles by necessity.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love her character design, but like what any outcast would do if they got a golden ticket up the social ladder, Twist abandoned Applebloom when she was supposedly the only filly who doesn't have her cutie mark. She was going to sit there and allow Applebloom to get ridiculed by DT and SS. It was a selfish act and only proves Twist is no real friend at all.

Edited by Princess PeachBlink
  • Brohoof 2

I don't hate Twist, she just isn't a super interesting character to a lot of people. I do think her lisp is cute, but she seems like one of those "fairweather friends", if you've ever heard the term before.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

People hate twist? I wasn't even aware of that, I've never seen anyone say anything bad about her.

She's just a minor character and hasn't done much. I don't see how anyone could hate her.

Edited by PartyWithPinkie
  • Brohoof 1

I never understood it either

Really? I don't recall that happening, if I remember correctly, AB was the one who walked out 

I'll probably need to watch it again, but she never did anything hateworthy imo

• Brohoof 3

Whenever I thought about Twist and AB relationship, I felt awkward. But I never disliked Twist at all. AB has the CMC.

Does Twist really hang out with Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara? Never picked that up. :huh:

Does Twist really hang out with Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara? Never picked that up. :huh:

No, I don't believe that Twist does. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon probably don't pick on her much anymore because she has her cutie mark, but that doesn't mean they hang out with her at all.

Okay, I was hoping I didn't miss something like that.

And btw, would you like to hit my pipe? *extends pipe*

His name is Professor Membrane. :]

That is the best freaking name for a pipe ever.

Like seriously.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Thank you. That puff was for Twist

• Brohoof 1

I never understood it either

Really? I don't recall that happening, if I remember correctly, AB was the one who walked out 

I'll probably need to watch it again, but she never did anything hateworthy imo

You are right, I rewatched it and Twist said this to Applebloom after she got her mark

"Hey, this doesn't mean we can't go to the cutsienera together. You're still gonna come to the party arent you?"

I owe twist an apology.

• Brohoof 1

Because of the lisp, her color scheme and her unique face (which is all...euwh)

7348_dcff.png

She looks cute, like a pug  :wub:

tumblr_static_tumblr_lr0zitb5pj1qa17c7o1

besides, she might be a hot mare as an adult, just ask Bon Bon  :P

Sweetie_Drops_filly_ID_S4E12.png

• Brohoof 2

I never really liked Twist that much, mainly due to the fact that she didn't make much of an appearance, and I don't particularly fancy any of the mini ponies but with the exception of the CMC.  :catface:

I don't know, I just took her for a background character at the time!

(edited)

Made this.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

8zdta.jpg

But Bon Bon is Bon Bon, though...

I got a good idea of what's going to happen, toast them haters  :P

Day_of_Reckoning_II_-_6_magma.png

In case you don't get it,Alexandra Carter, Twist's VA, voiced Magma in X-Men Evolution, she'll show you super hero B) 

Edited by Zekromic

I've never understood why some bronies hate her so much. And it kind of pisses me off when the lisp is their reason. That's just kind of well rude IMO. Personally I find her adorable. UuU

• Brohoof 1

I've never understood why some bronies hate her so much. And it kind of pisses me off when the lisp is their reason. That's just kind of well rude IMO. Personally I find her adorable. UuU

I think it's more to to the fact that there are other more interesting characters that it makes her seem less likeable. But to be honest, you are pretty right there. But I was surprised to hear people discriminated against her... I mean... we are part of the MLP fandom for goodness sake!

I think it's more to to the fact that there are other more interesting characters that it makes her seem less likeable. But to be honest, you are pretty right there. But I was surprised to hear people discriminated against her... I mean... we are part of the MLP fandom for goodness sake!

True. She only had like one episode that gave her more than a line or two then reduced to a background pony. And exactly. I mean come on. Lisps aren't exactly all that easy to get rid of. Hopefully the poor filly doesn't get braces at some point. That'd probably worsen it.

(edited)

WHO HATES ON TWIST?

Honestly though, I'm not even sure if there's even hate for Twist. I had to look her up because that episode aired so long ago.

Or is it the fact that she has her Cutie Mark and the CMC don't? A hint of jealousy, perhaps for Twist because she left Applebloom in her time of need?

Okay, now I can see a bit of understanding but CMON SHE'S NOT EVIL EVIL, look at Diamond Tiara. Plus they are freaking children, unless they're an absolute d-bag like DT then there's no reason to hate on Twist.

Edited by Carbon Maestro

To be fair, I didn't see any kind of hate for Twist before this. Maybe an under-appreciation of her or something, but not really a hate.

I think most people just don't understand why she doesn't hang out with Apple Bloom at all anymore.

• Brohoof 1