Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you "Live and Breathe" Ponies?

Jump Cut

58 users have voted

1. 1. Do you Live and Breath ponies?

• Yes, of course! *strokes mini figures mane*
    • Only on tuesdays
    • Nah. just oxygen.

I like ponies, they're a major interest of mine, but I like them as much as anime, video games, and LEGOs. In short I could hold a lengthy discussion about any of those topics with you. I also enjoy Dr. Who when I get the chance.

• Brohoof 1

Not so much. My life really revolves around sports. But ponies are funny, cute, and bring me happiness in a non-competitive way that sports can't. I also enjoy other shows, but this is the only series I follow that really has a strong fandom, so I joined! haha

• Brohoof 2

My life pretty much revolves around ponies. I hang out on Twitter posting nothing but ponies *feels pathetic* .

Always try  to have more than one interest.

1. It prevents burnouts: I see this happen to hardcore bronies all the time.

2. You are well rounded: You can talk with non-bronies like a normal human.

3. It allows for more friends: I have Brony friends, gamer friends, and Otaku friends.

4. Crossovers between interests: Cross overs are epic. see below*

• Brohoof 4

*puts away the 7 fleetfoot mini's, the 4 custom vinyl figures, the custom plush, and posters, takes wonderbolts patch off jacket, and turns off pony screensaver* Nah, I do loads of other things than poni.

• Brohoof 2

You know I wonder something... what will all the people who live on ponies do when the show finally ends... Not trying to be doom and gloom here, but seriously what are your plans for the serie's end. I have plenty of other things to fall back upon when it's all said and done, so I'll be able to kick back and say that it was a good run.

The stuff I'll truely miss about the fandom will be the NSFW stuff and the fanfics. Anbody who knows me knows that I am deeply invested in "that" side of the fanbase and I will greatly miss all the artists. Fanfics are also a major thing for me, I love them so much I can never get enough of them. So I'll miss all the authors when it's over, RainbowBob, Wraith Writer, Sir Hat, etc.

• Brohoof 2

You know I wonder something... what will all the people who live on ponies do when the show finally ends... Not trying to be doom and gloom here, but seriously what are your plans for the serie's end. I have plenty of other things to fall back upon when it's all said and done, so I'll be able to kick back and say that it was a good run.

The stuff I'll truely miss about the fandom will be the NSFW stuff and the fanfics. Anbody who knows me knows that I am deeply invested in "that" side of the fanbase and I will greatly miss all the artists. Fanfics are also a major thing for me, I love them so much I can never get enough of them. So I'll miss all the authors when it's over, RainbowBob, Wraith Writer, Sir Hat, etc.

I've been in topics discussing the whole "end of the fandom" thing before, and to be fair, it's very unlikely that the fandom will just cease to exist as soon as the show does. For one, many fandoms have survived long after their show has ended, such as Invader Zim fans. Not to mention that with all the alternate media like the comics, books, and other products, there will be other forms that pony can be digested.

My Little Pony is also a long-running series and there might even be another generation after this. And since G4 has set the bar so high, it's no doubt that the next series will have to follow up and either reach or jump over that bar.

Either way, having a good fallback set of interests that are still running is a good plan in case My Little Pony ever does really die down from the craze it is today.

I'm a newly wed, headed for my 6th month anniversary. There is a LOT more that takes up my life right now. Debbie is not a Brony, but she is a Sponge Bob fan, so she tolerates my fandom.

I've missed most of the episodes this year, and I'm slowly catching up via the net.

I used to live and breath the show. But life keeps getting in the way right now.

Always try  to have more than one interest.

1. It prevents burnouts: I see this happen to hardcore bronies all the time.

2. You are well rounded: You can talk with non-bronies like a normal human.

3. It allows for more friends: I have Brony friends, gamer friends, and Otaku friends.

4. Crossovers between interests: Cross overs are epic. see below*

Well I'm into computers and technology if that counts but I've hit rock bottom in my life that the only thing keeping me (somewhat) sane is the cuteness of our pastel overlords that fill my timeline and the awesome people that post them.

(edited)

Well I'm into computers and technology if that counts 

If it can replace mlp when it's over it counts, but seeing as you said mlp is the only thing really keeping you sane I kind of doubt that... For me when mlp ends I'll be continuing on with anime and gaming, they were around before ponies and they'll keep going after ponies.

Edited by Biznis Kitty
  • Brohoof 1

Nope maybe later I will... but if you ask me if I breathe oxygen from the Land Of Ooo oooh you got me there *breathes air from the Land Of Ooo* o_o *opens portal to the Land Of Ooo* *jumps in* PEACE

Ponies - namely Rarity - are a very important part of my life and I plan for it to stay that way in the long run :D

Of course, I have other interests outside of ponies - indie rock, professional sports, birds, playing bass, psychology, and writing, namely, but ponies are a big part of my life. Are they my defining trait as a human being? No. Maybe as a member of this fandom, and maybe even in other people's eyes, given I'm always sporting something Rarity related, but I know there's more to me than just ponies :D

• Brohoof 1

Can't really accurately vote, because there isn't a "I used to" option.

Pony has sort of fallen by the wayside for me, probably because there's no reinforcement for it outside of the internet. I found that I was less and less inclined to actually find time to watch each S4 episode on Saturdays as more and more of said time was eaten by my studies, stopping at Simple Ways, which I didn't truly watch. No one at school talks ponies at me, so I've mostly let it...sit. I reduced my visits to EqD to once every 1-3 days, and I stopped looking at this website altogether.

Now that school's over, I still don't feel any overarching need or desire to watch the episodes I missed, despite being extraordinarily curious as to what the hell rapper Pinkie Pie is about or why the hell there are Drawfriends with Rarity and Fluttershy with Luna and Celestia mane aspects, respectively (right?).

In the end, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do regarding pony. I'll probably become slightly more active here, but I suspect things will mostly take the same course as they have been for the past several months.

• Brohoof 1

I was considering how I should reply to this topic when I realized that I had, in fact, stroked the mane of a tiny pony fairly recently lol.  I was hesitant to get into FIM at first, and it took me months to truly take the plunge.  So now that I've breached that initial barrier...  I'm all in. xD  I tend to "collect" interests / hobbies, so I can feel MLP:FIM becoming a permanent part of who I am.  If I let it.

• Brohoof 1

For about a week after my 2 day/night marathon (yeah, I didn't sleep for two days in a row because I was watching mlp) I could still hear their voices in their head, was seeing things and couldn't even think in my head with my normal voice, it normally came out as Applejacks or Pinkiepies :P and for the rest of that month I kept having "pony attacks" where I had to drop whatever I was doing and go watch mlp to lighten up the stress on my brain  :muffins:

Right now I'm still obsessed with mlp but back to a more normal schedule of gaming, mlp, food, 4 hours sleep, more mlp, more gaming, another 4 hours sleep... yeah that's my life.

They don't make days long enough

• Brohoof 2