Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are spiders evil?

No animal is evil. What scares me, is that people kill animals they find scary or disgusting. So you have to be cute to get respect in this world? Pretty much, it reflects itself in our society.

I never kill anything, unless it's to protect myself or for food. Being scared or creeped out by an animal is no excuse to hurt it.

I don't hurt the spiders I simply shew them away or get them outside where they can eat all the bugs they want.

I dont think that spiders are "evil"  :confused:

They actually eat insects that can be more harmful to humans than the spiders can be to us.

Do I like spiders? 

HELL NO! They're terrifying! If I see one inside or outside my house, I cringe and will go out of my way to avoid going near them.

No,,,, Clowns are ... You really have to wonder why they smile soooo much.

The blood and tears of children makes them thrive.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty much impartial to spiders myself.

Although I'm not too keen on encountering them, I can honestly say they're an important part of the ecosystem.

Though as to whether or not they're evil... I hear they jump down from the ceiling and drink the fluid from your eyes while your sleeping and that some people mysteriously eat them in the night... :unsure:

I call my dog Spiders. Why would you say that about him?  :(

I think that's a silly name for a dog Spiders is a humans name now Arachnid that's a dogs name X3

I don't think spiders are evil, I just don't care to have them near me. I live in Tennessee, so I get to see a scary-ass Brown Recluse spider every once in a while.

Spiders would be better if their lives were narrated.

Edited by Azure Flare

Lol no they ain't. Several posts on here have reminded me that spiders aren't that bad ;). I'd keep a tarantula as a pet knowing it's harmless (maybe I'd let him be my pest control :P).

Every single organism lives for a reason. They help nature, they protect it and are part of it more than anyone else.

What about cockroaches and mosquitoes :umad:?

Lol no they ain't. Several posts on here have reminded me that spiders aren't that bad ;). I'd keep a tarantula as a pet knowing it's harmless (maybe I'd let him be my pest control :P).

What about cockroaches and mosquitoes :umad:?

cockroaches, like ants, clean up a lot of dead material.  and mosquitoes pollinate.  they don't only drink blood.

I'm fine with spiders and I leave them be, unless they come into my home.  Then they've declared war.

In any case, I feel like anything with more than 4 limbs becomes creepier based on number of extra limbs and relative length of limb to body.  So a ladybug with its larger body and six tiny (in proportion) legs is not scary at all, while a spider, with its eight legs that are several times the length of its body, is creepy.  As a bonus example, centipedes have more legs but they are still short in comparison to the body so it doesn't increase the creepiness factor by as much as you'd think.

spiders are just doin' their thing, man

they only mess with you if you mess with them first

the only time that's really a problem is with species like the brown recluse where they like to hide in clothes piled on the ground and stuff and if you put it on you're inadvertently 'messing with them', but still, it's a rare occurrance

they actually keep pest bugs away from your house so you should respect them (and call an exterminator only if they're like INFESTING your place lol)

cockroaches, like ants, clean up a lot of dead material. and mosquitoes pollinate. they don't only drink blood.

What kind of dead material?

Who needs mosquitoes when you got bees? Who's doing their job when there aren't any mosquitoes? Unless they don't need to do that when they're not present.

What kind of dead material?

Who needs mosquitoes when you got bees? Who's doing their job when there aren't any mosquitoes? Unless they don't need to do that when they're not present.

pretty much anything dead.  rotting wood or flesh and such.  they help with decomposition.

bees can't pollinate everything on their own, that's why there's so many different species of pollinators. 

"Who's doing their job when there aren't any mosquitoes? Unless they don't need to do that when they're not present."

who's doing who's job? and who doesn't need to do what when who's not present?   :blink: I don't understand what you mean.

pretty much anything dead. rotting wood or flesh and such. they help with decomposition.

bees can't pollinate everything on their own, that's why there's so many different species of pollinators.

"Who's doing their job when there aren't any mosquitoes? Unless they don't need to do that when they're not present."

who's doing who's job? and who doesn't need to do what when who's not present? :blink: I don't understand what you mean.

In that case, OPEN THE GATES TO HELL!!!! (Let the roaches in!!!!)

What I mean is that there aren't mosquitoes year-round, so who's doing their job when they aren't around? Do they only work part-time :P? Those plants aren't going to pollinate themselves! Nature needs to look for a species who's working full-time.

In that case, OPEN THE GATES TO HELL!!!! (Let the roaches in!!!!)

What I mean is that there aren't mosquitoes year-round, so who's doing their job when they aren't around? Do they only work part-time :P? Those plants aren't going to pollinate themselves! Nature needs to look for a species who's working full-time.

idk where you're from, but the mosquitoes where i live don't hibernate.  XD

i guess if you live somewhere where it's too cold for mosquitoes in the winter, the plants probably go dormant at that time as well, and aren't in the reproduction stage. 

• Brohoof 1

Evil?  More like it's unfortunate to become a spider because the point of your life would be making a net & sitting waiting for the food to come in, and if you're retarded enough to not get in what environment you made your net then there's no food whatsoever would pop in to it.