Generation Five   

66 users have voted

1. 1. What would you like G5 to have?

• 20% more coolness
    • Better Adventures
    • New Elements of Harmony
    • All of the above
    • Other (comment)

I've been hearing some good, decent, loyal, and true Brony and Pegasister fan loving the season four so much (unlike all those haters and good for nothing former Bronies) that they are jumping ahead and want to think about what they hope Generation Five will be like (if there will be one) because I've and others already heard that MLP:FiM is due for four or five more seasons. The ride never ends! Anyway, you all can comment here. What do you hope G5 will have if there will be one? (no haters or negativity please or criticism.)

• Brohoof 1

I hope that G5 has the things that I wished for since I first watched the show. Maybe have some episodes where they explore more of Equestria.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Male leads. Or at least split it between males and females

Also we need some cool action like what we saw in Twilight's Kingdom!

And....maybe put it in a different setting? Place and/or time period

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

My guess as to gen 5 -- Princess Sparkle in Celestia's place, and the CMC as the main characters with maybe a few others to join them -- the CMC being grown up.

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 5

Male leads. Or at least split it between males and females

Also we need some cool action like what we saw in Twilight's Kingdom!

And....maybe put it in a different setting? Place and/or time period

Oh, I like that. You have a good view on it. I hope others see this.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Tbh they should just appoint me head of the show for G5 :D

Your suggestions were pretty good anyway.  :) JaAnimation could be useful too as well as me.

Edited by Echo Narcissa
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A similar art style, as the current one feels very crisp & well done.

While I don't want the comedy to be the same, I do want it to keep up its quality if not get better.

Add a few more stallions? Maybe a male prince? Just to make this world feel less incredibly unbalanced.

More setting variety. We keep hearing about all these wonderful sounding places but never get to see them. Rarely do we leave Ponyville, Everfree Forrest, & Canterlot.

I would love for them to give a bit more focus on their villains. While I love the openings & finales, there is very little character development on villains &, honestly, villains are usually some of my favorite characters.

Would it KILL them to just have a teeny bit more action? I mean, Totally Spies & Powerpuff Girls were girl shows, & yet they had tons of action. I know you can do it right MLP, you showed us in Twilight's Kingdom!

*Edit* Oh and since I am guessing ghostie will be saying this, I will beat him too it >: D

Ghostie is going to want Rarity. I don't know how, I don't know where, but all I know is he wants Rarity, Rarity, RARITY!!!!!!!!!

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 1

Well everypony we still haven't told the origins of Spike the dragon like where he came from !  how about  a Rarity date with Spike on Valentines Day ? , more episodes with the diamond dogs but this time they make Diamond Tiara work the mines for gems !  more rainbowfied pony  action  also what happens if spike get Rainbowfied also?, Last but not lease tell the story when Queen Chrysalis was a good filly until she become evil forever !

As long as the show only increases in quality,ill be satisfied.  :P

Tho i would love if there is a new 'mane 6' and the 'old mane 6' take a mentor like role over the new group or maybe just Twilight with occasional cameos by the others.  :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'd like to see more of a turn towards a more mature audience (nothing too extreme, but maybe just enough of an uptick for there to be even more depth of character for everypony). Maybe more action (not MLP-Z (like DBZ... anyway) but more action when needed), and more backstory for the new characters.

I'm kind of ambivalent to having anypony from G4 (mostly as the Mane 6 are concerned), except for honorable mentions (because Dashie deserves at least that :okiedokielokie: ), but maybe the CMC can have a part... IDK, I'm just rambling now...

Edited by SeraphStar

Well everypony we still haven't told the origins of Spike the dragon like where he came from !  how about  a Rarity date with Spike on Valentines Day ? , more episodes with the diamond dogs but this time they make Diamond Tiara work the mines for gems !  more rainbowfied pony  action  also what happens if spike get Rainbowfied also?, Last but not lease tell the story when Queen Chrysalis was a good filly until she become evil forever !

The RarityxSpike deal sounds sort of like something that would be explored in this Gen, honestly. However I completely agree on more Chrysalis!

As long as the show only increases in quality,ill be satisfied.  :P

Tho i would love if there is a new 'mane 6' and the 'old mane 6' take a mentor like role over the new group or maybe just Twilight with occasional cameos by the others.  :)

That would be so cool! I can just imagine how it will be. Wonder what Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy would have to offer.

That would be so cool! I can just imagine how it will be. Wonder what Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy would have to offer.

Pinkie Pie would most likely offer laughs and gags and Fluttershy could be maybe the occasional 'motherly figure' to the new mane 6 tho ill admit Twilight or AJ could do that role possibly also...

Pinkie Pie would most likely offer laughs and gags and Fluttershy could be maybe the occasional 'motherly figure' to the new mane 6 tho ill admit Twilight or AJ could do that role possibly also...

Really think AJ and Twilight could do so? How?

I want history. Lots of history. Not boring exposition though, they should do what they did in Hearth's Warming. Another play, a couple of episode long flashbacks, finding clues while exploring ancient ruins, etc.

• Brohoof 1

Really think AJ and Twilight could do so? How?

Well AJ is already a family girl,so it would be easy for her to play the 'understanding mother' or the 'cool aunty' role. Twilight is also very knowledgeable,so she could always be the 'smart voice of visdom' type.  

Well AJ is already a family girl,so it would be easy for her to play the 'understanding mother' or the 'cool aunty' role. Twilight is also very knowledgeable,so she could always be the 'smart voice of visdom' type.  

Yeah, you got a point there. And if it reach out to a more mature audience maybe it could get more Bronies and Pegasisters instead those damn haters.

A new cast of characters, by the time G4 will end the character arcs of the Mane 6, CMC, and Spike will most likely be done with, and continuing with them in a new generation after they achieved their destinies wouldn't be the smartest idea. Plus this is a long shot but by George I want a male lead in G5, I mean G2 had male leads, even if they were complete jerks to the girls.

In terms of plot, I want would like G5 to be set many many years after G4 with a sense of time progression, new city states have sprung up, Twilight or a new duo of rulers now govern Equestria. New Guardians of Harmony have been selected, some being descendants of the original Mane 6 some not.

Above all else, I want to see the same art style of G4 just updated and touched up. As much as I like this gen's looks having it repeat twice would just be stale and old. Maybe even get Rebecca Sugar to do G5, she'd do it just right.

• Brohoof 2

The only thing I wish for G5 is that Hasbro & co NOT repeat the mistakes of MLP Tales and G3. It's fine to keep the show aimed at younger viewers, but don't be afraid to make the show worth watching.

By that, I mean relevant lessons, gender neutral (though have gender-specific issues that aren't stereotypical), and smart plots. Kids aren't stupid. They won't watch another reincarnation of G3.

A new cast of characters, by the time G4 will end the character arcs of the Mane 6, CMC, and Spike will most likely be done with, and continuing with them in a new generation after they achieved their destinies wouldn't be the smartest idea. Plus this is a long shot but by George I want a male lead in G5, I mean G2 had male leads, even if they were complete jerks to the girls.

In terms of plot, I want would like G5 to be set many many years after G4 with a sense of time progression, new city states have sprung up, Twilight or a new duo of rulers now govern Equestria. New Guardians of Harmony have been selected, some being descendants of the original Mane 6 some not.

Above all else, I want to see the same art style of G4 just updated and touched up. As much as I like this gen's looks having it repeat twice would just be stale and old. Maybe even get Rebecca Sugar to do G5, she'd do it just right.

Come on, really? So the G4 charcters wouldn't make another appearance?

I would want to see another story arc that lasts throughout the generation's series run.

• Brohoof 1