Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Fall of an Empire came out today. It's a prequel to Moonrise: A Symphonic Metal Opera, which came out a couple of years ago. Here's both of them. If you've got about 75 minutes to spare, I'd strongly suggest listening to these two.

(edited)

I did put it to private because I kinda got a lot of dislikes and it frustrates me

Instead, here's the clean version who is not private:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7OAHsZ2I0

I wish I was skilled enough on a guitar to make a sweep picking remix out of that

I can't believe I forgot about the three year anniversary of the passing of Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman who passed away on May 2nd, 2013, Rest in Peace buddy, hope you're jammin with Lemmy and Menza up there, or down there

https://youtu.be/MYE-uJYCbGk

Edited by Treeclimbyou
  • Brohoof 2

@@Discordian,

There's one other individual musician I can say I was completely impressed with in a different way. He goes by the name Danimal Cannon, and he does video game core, but he uses chiptune music generated from gameboys hooked up to his loop pedals. I saw him open for The Protomen, and he was the best non-famous opening act I think I've seen.

On a completely different note, this band is amazing. They seem real light and calm at first, then they drop you into the pit without warning. I enjoyed this one.

I thought y'all might like this.

I'm impatient for more informations about their new album, because it has been a while since their last one (2007).

Kind of reminds me of this other band that's supposed to have a release this year.

A new Machine Head single and boy does this one have a story. I highly recommend watching the making of videos before checking out the song.

I've heard that new Machine Head track and honestly, it is god awful. In my opinion, with one song, they've actually set themselves back about 15 years. Since TTAOE right up until their last album they've been magnificent, totally single handedly leading the way for the old school NWOAHM, they've become a really iconic and anthemic band. But this reminds me of them at their absolute lowest point musically, I only hope that anything else that comes out from them soon sounds nothing like this and that it was just a horrible, one-off mistake.

(edited)

@@ShyPie,

To be fair, Burning Red & Supercharger were not bad albums.  And no, this isn't the whole album. It's Robb getting his message out through one song. I'm not really getting all the hate. What's wrong with this track?

Edited by Denim&Venom

@@ShyPie,

To be fair, Burning Red & Supercharger were not bad albums.  And no, this isn't the whole album. It's Robb getting his message out through one song. I'm not really getting all the hate. What's wrong with this track?

For me personally, they're pretty poor albums. There's a couple good songs on each, but overall they lack the same quality as the rest of their output. I just don't care for Robb's vocal delivery on this track and structurally the music seems a bit of a mess to me, I just don't feel that anything meshes well at all on the track and honestly, it feels like a total throwaway/filler song. If you like it then that's cool, but it's just not for me. No doubt they'll make it a big part of their live performances for the foreseeable years though, which will disappoint me a bit considering their Evening With... was the best time I'd seen them and made me want to see them again very quickly.

DJEEEEEEENNNNTTTTTTT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uncGPDiQxpw

Fall of an Empire came out today. It's a prequel to Moonrise: A Symphonic Metal Opera, which came out a couple of years ago. Here's both of them. If you've got about 75 minutes to spare, I'd strongly suggest listening to these two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtBqTFsiLxM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBvl-AdnHGY

I actually did a really shitty drum cover to Moonrise a while back, hopefully Fall of an Empire will be easier :/

(edited)

Here's some obscure Djent in the vein of Meshuggah...

Sodom announced a new album called Decision Day earlier and there's some new Revocation. 2016 is shaping up to be an outstanding year for Thrash Metal, already with those releases but now with all those upcoming release announced it's the proof that the thrash bands keeps this genre alive!

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

I'll just drop this here, a recent discovery of mine (recent as like minutes ago...)

I'm getting a Gojira/Ulcerate/Gorguts vibe to this, definitely will listen to the rest of this album tomorrow as it's really late right now.

I know a lot of people don't really like Metallica's last album-Death Magnetic, but I think that this is still a really good one, especially the guitar solo near the end  :P

Metallica will forever be my favorite band  ^_^

• Brohoof 2